ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conference

Locked on states that it is 50/50 among Iowa press individuals about whether Brian will be the OC. This entire situation has been so muddled it's not even funny. Iowa needs to step up, pay their Coordinators SEC-esq money and make a move for a legit OC.

So, what does the press conference being pushed back indicate? I'm assuming we are headed toward another season of Brian.
Was one supposed to be scheduled for today? Either way, I'm banking on Kirk and Brian waiting on NFL teams to figure out staff changes and playoff teams to be eliminated so there's a spot for BF.

Was one supposed to be scheduled for today? Either way, I'm banking on Kirk and Brian waiting on NFL teams to figure out staff changes and playoff teams to be eliminated so there's a spot for BF.
Could be wrong, I believe it was meant for Tuesday, at least that's usually when they are. Never saw an actual date. If Iowa waits any longer they are going to miss out on more portal guys.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I am 100% confident that Brian will be back as the OC. They aren't demoting him. I had tiny tiny hopes that he'd suddenly get hired by the NFL, but otherwise we are stuck with him.
I'm not although you prob have better sources than I, how can you possibly trot him back out there? As noted, maybe the scary question is he improves by simply having a better QB and a few WRs around him, not so much that he himself improves.

How is the press corps supposed to stay professional and keep straight faces when KF announces that after a comprehensive evaluation of their performances, the entire offensive coaching staff will be returning for another season?
Because he cares what the press thinks.

I'm not although you prob have better sources than I, how can you possibly trot him back out there? As noted, maybe the scary question is he improves by simply having a better QB and a few WRs around him, not so much that he himself improves.
How can you possibly trot him back out there?
I feel like we’ve said that before(about QB1 during every halftime) and that’s exactly what they did lol.

How is the press corps supposed to stay professional and keep straight faces when KF announces that after a comprehensive evaluation of their performances, the entire offensive coaching staff will be returning for another season?
giphy.gif

Bob Stoops loves him some Kirk Ferentz.

Bob Stoops admits he cheered for Kentucky over Iowa​

The Music City Bowl tugged at the heartstrings of the Stoops family. This was especially true for Bob Stoops, who went to Iowa but whose brother Mark Stoops (also an Iowa graduate) is currently the head coach at Kentucky.

The problem for someone like Bob Stoops was obvious. Should he root for his school or his brother? At the Bear Bryant Awards, he admitted that he chose his brother and was rooting for Kentucky.

“I watch them a lot,” Stoops said of Iowa. “I love watching the Hawkeyes and record them about every week. You know, so proud of Kirk Ferentz.”

Iowa won the Music City Bowl 21-0, though neither team had its starting quarterback in the game. All 21 of those points were scored in the second quarter of the game, with two interceptions for scores in the quarter.

“Hate that they beat Kentucky, just because blood’s thicker than water. My brother’s on that side. But if anyone’s going to beat him, I’m glad it was Iowa and Kirk Ferentz.”

During his own career, Bob Stoops was the longtime head coach of the Oklahoma Sooners. There, he won a national championship and consistently produced one of the best teams in the country. In 2011, he took on Iowa, and beat the Hawkeyes, in the Insight Bowl.

Mark Stoops on the difference coaching in a bowl game​

After the bowl loss, Mark Stoops clearly wasn’t happy with the result. At the same time, he argued that coaching in a bowl is a unique situation.

“Very different. Very different. I don’t know what else to say,” Stoops said.

“We compete to win the game. We came up short. None of us are happy with that. You know, these guys work and prepare to win, but is this exactly a great situation to throw him into? Here’s a bowl game against a top-ten defense and because of the way this is. I don’t know if that’s right either, but I don’t have all the answers. You know, I know we tried our best. I know we compete to win no matter what the stakes are, and we lost today, and I give Iowa credit for that.”

Mostly sellouts? I think its going to be similar to 2019. Similar schedule, there were three sellouts. I don't see a soldout Labor Day game. Maybe two sellouts, MSU (homecoming) and Minnesota.

I think all the Big Ten games will be sellouts, except maybe Rutgers and just depending on how Iowa is doing at that point. Regardless of what people say here I don't see people dropping their season tickets given USC and UCLA coming the following year and we toss the divisions. There definitely won't be huge areas of empty seats.

I think all the Big Ten games will be sellouts, except maybe Rutgers and just depending on how Iowa is doing at that point. Regardless of what people say here I don't see people dropping their season tickets given USC and UCLA coming the following year and we toss the divisions. There definitely won't be huge areas of empty seats.

I'm not predicting huge areas of empty seats, but we could see a few 62k or 65k games.

The Hawks went to a bowl game this past season and won. Not sure if you are aware of that.
Their success was built around an amazing defense (which scored as many touchdowns as the passing offense did) and great special teams. The offense was in the bottom 10% of college football in passing offense, rushing offense and points scored. BFz coached the offense...not the defense or special teams.

Not sure if you're aware of that.

Last edited:
Mostly sellouts? I think its going to be similar to 2019. Similar schedule, there were three sellouts. I don't see a soldout Labor Day game. Maybe two sellouts, MSU (homecoming) and Minnesota.

I agree with this (except that everywhere I've seen, Purdue is listed as homecoming - again. Was Rutgers initially, but after the schedule shuffle the Purdue game ended up on that same date). The only other sellout might be Illinois if it has division championship implications.

I'm keeping my season tix. If people bail, that'll give me a chance to upgrade locations!

For changing seats, they email you a date and time that you're allowed to go online and check.

I go online every year, and see that my only real option to improve my seats would be to move closer to midfield, which would require a larger donation. I could move down slightly in my section, but then I wouldn't be around people I already know.

For changing seats, they email you a date and time that you're allowed to go online and check.

I go online every year, and see that my only real option to improve my seats would be to move closer to midfield, which would require a larger donation. I could move down slightly in my section, but then I wouldn't be around people I already know.
Yeah, same here, and I've slowly upgraded to higher donation seats (in 107 now). I'm in seats that are farthest from the 50 for my donation range, so I'm always looking for an opportunity to move closer to midfield.

Also, this year's seats sucked because the people behind me sold their tix for every game, almost always to opposing fans. I had ISU fans, MIch fans, Nebraska fans and Wisconsin fans right behind me. They were all obnoxious...particularly the Nebby fans and ISU fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT