ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conference

While I expected Brian to remain as OC, I am absolutely dumbfounded no coaching changes are going to be made. That is inexcusable.

I felt 100% certain SOMETHING would be done.

Right or wrong, KF has said numerous times that Barnett was a really good coach

I hope this upcoming season won't be a repeat of last.

The thing we have going for us, I guess, is an accurate QB.

Will the OL be any better though?

Reactions: hawkhockey
Gary Barta has been de-nutted with that statement by KF. I’m done being a fan of this team. Time to move on to one that is willing to make the necessary changes to the offense and not put their son ahead of the program. Love is blind.

Right or wrong, KF has said numerous times that Barnett was a really good coach

I hope this upcoming season won't be a repeat of last.

The thing we have going for us, I guess, is an accurate QB.

Will the OL be any better though?
What had me banging my head against the wall on occasion this last season is you know you have a crappy OL that couldn't hold a cup of water, why didn't we call stuff where Spencer could be routinely getting the ball out in that 2 to 3 second window. They never really tried compensating for poor blocking in my opinion.

Alright guys. There are those of us on here who seem overly optimistic and pro-Ferentz. I will tell you even I believe that if it doesn't work this coming season that is it for me with the existing structure. This is it for Brian as OC. It's the make or break season. No more excuses now.
Continually moving the goalposts on Brian. If next year's offense is bad, the company line will be "it better turn around in 2024."

Continually moving the goalposts on Brian. If next year's offense is bad, the company line will be "it better turn around in 2024."
I am not moving the posts at all. Where did I say this year was it? I must have missed that myself. I am saying there is a point where everyone will agree enough is enough and for me that would be my point. I am not a post mover.

You know you won't quit. You may watch with the blinds closed, but you will watch.

cosmo-kramer-seinfeld.gif

Pretty clear that KF believes the Iowa football program doesn't belong to the university, doesn't belong to the state, doesn't belong to the fans... it belongs to the Ferentz family. And with Barta as the #1 Ferentz family ballwasher, he apparently ain't wrong.

Also fairly certain this means that O'Brien and the Patriots said 'thanks but no thanks' to hiring Brian.

Can you imagine Nick Saban stepping up to the podium and saying, “Yea. We had the worst offensive in conference history this century. But 14 years ago we had a heck of a season.” The press would eat him alive.
The press??? I can tell you I wouldn't give two shits what the press thought if I were a head coach.

Lol, no changes…hilarious. I assumed that was the answer.

Honestly not sold on renewing…was sort of holding out a faint hope that there was some change coming.
If Kirk ever decides to get serious about fielding a 3 phase program they will sell them to you again I'm pretty sure. I'll be back when a Ferentz isn't in charge of the offense but til then my 4k TV and soundbar look/sound fantastic. This Ferentz family self preservation is just shameless at this point

Gary Barta, “Let me start by saying that our offense was not acceptable last year…. Unless you are Brian Ferentz, then it was truly special.”

Pretty clear that KF believes the Iowa football program doesn't belong to the university, doesn't belong to the state, doesn't belong to the fans... it belongs to the Ferentz family. And with Barta as the #1 Ferentz family ballwasher, he apparently ain't wrong.

Also fairly certain this means that O'Brien and the Patriots said 'thanks but no thanks' to hiring Brian.
Gary has a boss. You think she is an empty suit?

Well this is extremely disappointing. Yet I am not surprised.
When the season first ended, I thought there was no way they couldn't make a change.
Then nothing, then we win the bowl game, then nothing, and I just knew BF was staying.
Really frustrating. IDC what Kirk says, it is unfathomable that anyone not his son is still the OC after last season. Nepotism is the best explanation.
What Kirk is doing aint right.

ADVERTISEMENT