ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conference

Kirk flat out admitted that once they score what he thinks is enough points, he goes conservative. Said that specifically about the Purdue game.
I mean I’m all for conservative to win at times. But can we at least forfeit the games against USC, Ohio State, and Michigan? Or at least try and keep all three off the schedule for one season, because we literally have no shot against the big boys right now with our offense.

This is a massive FU to the fans. I am so flipping mad. What BS.

Nepotism U
I'm guessing he tried finding his boy an NFL position job, but he's too toxic with the ongoing lawsuit & god-awful performance as OC.

I've stuck up for Kirk in the past, but if our O doesn't significantly improve this season......both he & his moron son should be kicked to curb.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
I'm guessing he tried finding his boy an NFL position job, but he's too toxic with the ongoing lawsuit & god-awful performance as OC.

I've stuck up for Kirk in the past, but if our O doesn't significantly improve this season......both he & his moron son should be kicked to curb.
I’ve asked a couple people this. What would be enough improvement for you?? I’m not sure what my answer would be honestly.

I mean I’m all for conservative to win at times. But can we at least forfeit the games against USC, Ohio State, and Michigan? Or at least try and keep all three off the schedule for one season, because we literally have no shot against the big boys right now with our offense.
Do you recall who we hammered in a bowl game just a few years ago? It was USC. We have defeated Michigan several times over the years. The B1G office schedules the conference games. Iowa will not and should not forfeit games to those three or anyone else.

A) I have never claimed to be an insider, but anyone who is was saying since Friday don't expect any news from this.
You (and others) have been adamant BF is done
B) KF said damn near the exact thing prior to Greg Davis, Tim Polasek, and others leaving in mid-February, which is almost always when Iowa makes staff changes.
So doubling down? I really hope you're right
C) You really think they were gonna announce his firing on National Signing Day, thus taking the spotlight off of their recruiting class? Use your head.
Another excuse to cover your claims?

How about this? I'll eat crow if your claims actually come true. But that means you have to finally admit what a complete failure KF and Barta have been on this entire thing.

But I have a feeling you won't bc you guys who think Ferentz walks on water will never admit such a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Frosty7130
Do you recall who we hammered in a bowl game just a few years ago? It was USC. We have defeated Michigan several times over the years. The B1G office schedules the conference games. Iowa will not and should not forfeit games to those three or anyone else.
All those programs made changes to significantly improve their teams. Not Iowa. Nepotism U.

Last edited:
I refuse, absolutely refuse, to be one of the guys to bring up a game three years ago. You are what you are NOW. All those games were before last year and to a lesser extent the year before. Hell we would have crushed Michigan in 2020. They made some serious changes and now they are the ones kicking the crap out of us the past two years.

You (and others) have been adamant BF is done

So doubling down? I really hope you're right

Another excuse to cover your claims?

How about this? I'll eat crow if your claims actually come true. But that means you have to finally admit what a complete failure KF and Barta have been on this entire thing.

But I have a feeling you won't bc you guys who think Ferentz walks on water will never admit such a thing.
That's a lot of words and handwringing over some things I never said.

Yeah, I think BF is done, and so do several others in the know.

Excuse my ass. This press conference was always about NSD alone, just like it is every year. Not only would it be bucking trends to change that, it would be insulting to the recruits because this is supposed to be their day.

The idea that BF can't get a job because of the lawsuit is something people have latched on to without any proof.

If the allegations were bad enough to keep him from getting a new job, he wouldn't currently have a job. And all the allegations we know about with Brian were either extremely tame in comparison, or completely recanted by the plaintiffs.

He and Doyle are not in the same boat even remotely.

I refuse, absolutely refuse, to be one of the guys to bring up a game three years ago. You are what you are NOW. All those games were before last year and to a lesser extent the year before. Hell we would have crushed Michigan in 2020. They made some serious changes and now they are the ones kicking the crap out of us the past two years.
So, you don't think guys like Cade MacNamara and Erik All will make any difference?

Reactions: Bishop1971
That's a lot of words and handwringing over some things I never said.
You've said it countless times over the season about how BF is done ... like it's a matter of fact

Yeah, I think BF is done, and so do several others in the know.

Excuse my ass. This press conference was always about NSD alone, just like it is every year. Not only would it be bucking trends to change that, it would be insulting to the recruits because this is supposed to be their day.
It's not even just this instance .... there are posters who constantly defend or make excuses for everything this staff does.

Making excuses for a direct quote from KF himself about "no staffing changes" is just one of many examples to prove this point. Again...i'll eat crow if hes keeping info to not insult recruits.

At the end of the day we are all hawk fans. It's just funny what lengths people will go to defend this staff for everything

Reactions: blhawk
I will be renewing my season tickets. Maybe some of you won't, which will leave a little extra room for the rest of us.
Yeah, me too. I’m a fan and supporter. No conditions necessary. I’m not a fan “only on my terms”.

That being said Brian shouldn’t be here this coming season in my opinion.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Yeah, me too. I’m a fan and supporter. No conditions necessary. I’m not a fan “only on my terms”.

That being said Brian shouldn’t be here this coming season in my opinion.
And assuming he is, I'll be rooting for losses the entire season.

You've said it countless times over the season about how BF is done ... like it's a matter of fact

It's not even just this instance .... there are posters who constantly defend or make excuses for everything this staff does.

Making excuses for a direct quote from KF himself about "no staffing changes" is just one of many examples to prove this point. Again...i'll eat crow if hes keeping info to not insult recruits.

At the end of the day we are all hawk fans. It's just funny what lengths people will go to defend this staff for everything
Post them. I said it once, after the season, when others did. If it's "a matter of fact" it shouldn't be hard to.

There are plenty of posters who cannot comprehend the difference between defense and rightfully calling out stupid posts. They think anything that isn't hypercritical is somehow praise.

Yet again, Kirk said almost identical things prior to GD and Polasek leaving. He's not going to let staffing decisions slip to the media until they're ready. One of the things he values most is information security.

It's funny to me what people call "defense" when it actually isn't if you read it.

No changes might be as simple as "no OC is coming to a program with an aging HC".

Welp, that was a kick to the junk. Being a man of my word, I’ll be leaving these message boards. I’ll miss the pissing matches and good conversations, especially on the basketball board. Take care, fellas. Go Hawks!

I'm hoping frosty is right and there are some changes coming. I'm not a moron so my brain is refusing to accept that we aren't going to make any changes. JFC! Budmayr's contract is basically up. Wth! Mfsb! Gdf! FFS!!

Reactions: iamahawki
I like to know what kind of review he does that has the damn near worst offense the last two years yet that is acceptable and no change needed?? Can I get this template?? JFC
I'm hoping at the next non-signing day presser someone, anyone, will ask the very simple question...

"Coach, for the past few seasons Iowa's offense has been at or near the national bottom of virtually every statistical category. What was it specifically that you saw during your year-end reviews of the offense and offensive coordinator after the 2021 and 2022 seasons that warrants no personnel changes."

Next season's schedule looks pretty soft.

7 wins looks like the floor with 9/10 as the ceiling.

But the new QB has to stay healthy.

I was thinking almost the same…..top 75. We’ve proven multiple times we can have a successful season with even an average offense.
Hoping the O is even better than mediocre or below average, vs the recent past absolute horrible . Needs to be so even tho we have had very strong D and Special Teams. You can't always just assume they will always be so.

Hoping the O is even better than mediocre or below average, vs the recent past absolute horrible . Needs to be so even tho we have had very strong D and Special Teams. You can't always just assume they will always be so.
Brian better hope Phil can work his magic again, replacing those linebackers won’t be easy and I question the depth on defense.

Brian better hope Phil can work his magic again, replacing those linebackers won’t be easy and I question the depth on defense.
Very worried about the linebackers. The media acts like Higgins is sure thing but I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s a sure fire stud, let alone the other two positions. Normally, I would consider the linebackers the least important of the three layers of the defense. But Jack Campbell was so good at middle linebacker, He’s almost impossible to replace.

Reactions: win1forthe
I hope no one renews season tickets….**** Kirk and Barta. Love what Kirk did when he got here, but the offense has been a god damned disaster more often than not

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT