ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conference

Exactly -beat me to it. Very misleading. At one point KF said they were 55-3 (under BF) when Iowa scored at least 24 points. What is the record when you discount the defensive scores? 24 points is really nothing to brag about and only serves to validate the fact that Iowa won an incredible number of games in spite of the offense, thanks to fantastic defenses.
I also wonder how many more games they could win if the offense put up 24 points.

I'm holding out hope that things will be better with Cade, if only for my own sanity. If there's no improvement after next year, and the offense is dismal again, KF will have burned what goodwill he has left

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
The question is... What level of success does BF have to achieve next season to still be the OC the following year? His offenses have been freaking WORSE than GD and KOK. How many dang years does wonder boy get?

My bet would be that BF will be retained beyond NEXT season, if we win 8 games and the offense is in the top 100 in the country (so only marginally better on offense, but still bad).

So like most seasons it'll be up to Phill Parker and his defense to save BF his job. Rinse and repeat.

The question is... What level of success does BF have to achieve next season to still be the OC the following year? His offenses have been freaking WORSE than GD and KOK. How many dang years does wonder boy get?

My bet would be that BF will be retained beyond NEXT season, if we win 8 games and the offense is in the top 100 in the country (so only marginally better on offense, but still bad).

So like most seasons it'll be up to Phill Parker and his defense to save BF his job. Rinse and repeat.
I would be surprised if we break into the top 90 offensively. Could see maybe 90 to 100.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

If Brian didn't lose his job after last season, he's never going to be held accountable. It's time for KF to go. He's had his run and now he's holding the program hostage for the benefit of his son's bank account.

Kirk basically said today that he will never get rid of Brian as OC. Not sure the performance of the offense next season will have any impact

That stat provided about the team success when scoring 24 or more points only proves how good the DEFENSE is!

How about what is our record when holding teams to under 21 points? Record when holding to under 14? Record when holding to under 10? I bet there are a surprising number of losses.
That’s what’s hilarious.

Obvious follow up question

“ what’s your record win scoring 23 or less points?”

Blah blah blah

“So do you agree it would behoove you to score at least 24 points? And scoring more points, as it turns out, increases your likelihood of winning?”

Kirk basically said today that he will never get rid of Brian as OC. Not sure the performance of the offense next season will have any impact
Then we'll have to hope that the portal transfers can make an even bigger impact than expected. I still expect Budmayr to get a full-time position.

Kirk hiring his son as an OC not only hurt his legacy, but put a bump in Brian's future in coaching. Big mistake by Mr Ferentz.
Gary Barta should have never allowed it. The powers the be need to start with firing GB.

KF just gave a dbl bird to all the fans, media, and players that have said change is needed.

I'm holding out hope that things will be better with Cade, if only for my own sanity. If there's no improvement after next year, and the offense is dismal again, KF will have burned what goodwill he has left
The offense will appear better as our competition drops off.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Can't wait to hear about all the exciting new wrinkles to the offense this fall.
With near zero help for the OL, WR, expect a lot of dbl TE sets. The scheme changes will end up being which foot to plant to make the 3yd out more effective on 3rd and 7. So they can say thst it was little changed, still working on it, got new guys learning the most complex O in the country.

Reactions: shudaddy
I guess I didn’t think he would make changes. I still think it’s possible BF finds a job elsewhere to take heat off dad. I find it funny people are freaking out because KF didn’t fire his son, like it was something they expect
Yeah, those people are dumb. I lost faith in the Ferentz family doing the right thing sometime between Brian living in govt subsidized housing while dad was making $4,000,000 and when he brushed it under the rug when his incompetent S&C coach put 13 players is the hospital with potentially permanent damage to their organs. Not only did that coach not get reprimanded, he was named Iowa assistant of the year shortly after.

That was also about when Kirk started ignoring the complaints black players had with how they were being treated in his program and kept ignoring it for decade until the mess of 2020 blew up and shamed the university, state, and fans. Although many on these boards seemed even more supportive of him after that. It is Iowa, I guess.

It's amazing that Kirk has fooled so many for so long with his "do it the right way" bullshit. He's a fraud and a shady piece of shit when his or his family's interests get in the way of doing the obvious right thing. It's time for him to retire

• Haha
Reactions: Frosty7130
McNamara was interviewed and said how they are going to really open up the offense and have a completely different approach to offense next season. I'm really curious as to what that looks like if bf stays. I've said before that with the portal gets that bf may have a 2 year window to change things around. I'd love to at least see a different QB coach.
KF already said the Offense will not change much

Yeah, those people are dumb. I lost faith in the Ferentz family doing the right thing sometime between Brian living in govt subsidized housing while dad was making $4,000,000 and when he brushed it under the rug when his incompetent S&C coach put 13 players is the hospital with potentially permanent damage to their organs. Not only did that coach not get reprimanded, he was named Iowa assistant of the year shortly after.

That was also about when Kirk started ignoring the complaints black players had with how they were being treated in his program and kept ignoring it for decade until the mess of 2020 blew up and shamed the university, state, and fans. Although many on these boards seemed even more supportive of him after that. It is Iowa, I guess.

It's amazing that Kirk has fooled so many for so long with his "do it the right way" bullshit. He's a fraud and a shady piece of shit when his or his family's interests get in the way of doing the obvious right thing. It's time for him to retire
You make some good points. Not a huge KF fan but I question how all of this played out under his watch yet all we hear is how good of a person he is. The buck stops with him regardless. I would like to see him held more accountable for what has went down during his tenure.

I care about the program more than a family that isn’t mine. Blatant nepotism and intentionally putting family interests ahead of your job should never have a positive outcome.

Kirk doesn’t care about making the Iowa Football team as good as it can possibly be. He is completely unserious about a major part of the game, and as a father myself, I think it’s bullshit that he is doing this to Brian. That might be what’s upsetting me the most; Mary apparently wanting to keep him close (selfish as hell, you let your kids carve their own path no matter how much you hate it), and Dad trotting him back out to fail again and ensure that Brian is a loathed figure.

Reactions: shudaddy

Much hinges on the overall W - L record. I expect the defense to drop off some, but I also expect the offense to pick up some. I think a great deal hinges on the O Line. How much better will that O Line be.

Much hinges on the overall W - L record. I expect the defense to drop off some, but I also expect the offense to pick up some. I think a great deal hinges on the O Line. How much better will that O Line be.
KF is so stuck on zone offensive line play, that it is ridiculous. The hybrid zone is easier to learn and to execute

Can you imagine where the Iowa softball coach would be if her offense ranked at the bottom of the NCAA
stats ? Good Bye----------unless she hired her daughter to be hitting coach

Great call here.
I own it… I was 100 confident even KF knew he couldn’t extend this failed experiment. His decision to keep BF was “personal” and out the window went ‘what’s best for the team/program’ … in no other profession can you get progressively worse over 6 years and still get salary bumps while drastically under performing …. This does change my opinion of him as I felt like he gave a big FU to fans.

I did not catch the presser, were there ANY changes?
Nope. Not one. Kirk stated he had a "terrific" staff and no changes will be made.

He also publicly stated what Iowa fans have known all along: once they score as many points as he thinks is enough to win, they go conservative.

I own it… I was 100 confident even KF knew he couldn’t extend this failed experiment. His decision to keep BF was “personal” and out the window went ‘what’s best for the team/program’ … in no other profession can you get progressively worse over 6 years and still get salary bumps while drastically under performing …. This does change my opinion of him as I felt like he gave a big FU to fans.

You say you own it, then make a bunch of BS excuses. What a clown.

Nope. Not one. Kirk stated he had a "terrific" staff and no changes will be made.

He also publicly stated what Iowa fans have known all along: once they score as many points as he thinks is enough to win, they go conservative.
So ready for KF to be gone.

Reactions: peacehawk

I’d to comment on your bull sh*t post but don’t know where to start.

KF has the same hope as you. He recently bought a vowel, and "O" (for offense) from Michigan, no doubt to make it appear that BF can do his job well. Smoke and mirrors for the sake of the dynasty.

Phil Parker walks into a defensive meeting tomorrow and addresses his defense, “Guys. I know I’ve told you for a long time that defense is about doing your job, carrying out your assignment and playing fundamental football….Well you can throw all that out the window. Our goal in 2023 is to score points. If we score more points on defense than the other teams offense we will definitely wi…. Scratch that… most likely win!”

Whats insane is they've performed on a level where this conversation is believable lol!

Nothing will happen, change wise, on the football staff until one of two things happens:

1. Major (big) door or major donors tell Barta no more money without change; or

2. President of University of Iowa steps up and does her job

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT