ADVERTISEMENT

Presumed killer in Maquoketa Caves triple shooting used a ghost gun, investigative sources say

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
This is about the weapon used to kill 3 of 4 members of a family who was camping at an Iowa state park. Read the entire article to see how suspicious and delusional the parent's comments are.

Information about what happened in Maquoketa Caves State Park on July 22 that left Tyler and Sarah Schmidt and their 6-year-old daughter, Lula, shot dead in their tent has been slow in coming.

No autopsy results on three members of the Schmidt family or their alleged shooter will be released over the weekend, according to Iowa authorities. They also said no update into the triple homicide was expected before Monday.
. . .
Investigative sources, however, have told the Des Moines Register that the suspected killer, Anthony Orlando Sherwin, 23, of Nebraska, used a homemade weapon — known as a ghost gun — to commit the slayings before turning the gun on himself.
. . .
Sherwin's parents — who said they have been fully cooperating with authorities and have their doubts about what law enforcement have said happened — said their son did have a fascination with guns at one point. But Joseph and Cecilia Sherwin, his parents, wrote in an email to the Register that the fascination had passed.

His parents, however, said their son constructed a homemade weapon before the camping trip to Iowa to protect the family from what they believe is a rising threat of violent crime.

Investigative sources said the family had multiple guns stored in their car, but that the homemade device was used in the shootings.
. . .

Source: [link:https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-sherwin-used-homemade-ghost-gun/10188465002/|

Does that make the victims less dead? Another leftist talking point.

"His parents, however, said their son constructed a homemade weapon before the camping trip to Iowa to protect the family from what they believe is a rising threat of violent crime."

Pardon my language, but this is ****ing weird.

Just so weird. It's like a 6 year old making a cardboard sword before a trip. "Hey Mom and Dad, look! I made a sword to protect us from the bad guys." "Nice, that's great Timmy!"

Except it's not 6 year old Timmy with cardboard, it's a 23 year old grown ass man with a functioning gun that he made. Wtf is wrong with people?

Just so weird. It's like a 6 year old making a cardboard sword before a trip. "Hey Mom and Dad, look! I made a sword to protect us from the bad guys." "Nice, that's great Timmy!"

Except it's not 6 year old Timmy with cardboard, it's a 23 year old grown ass man with a functioning gun that he made. Wtf is wrong with people?
I am positive that mom knows she is in trouble legally, and she is trying to muddy the waters with the investigation.

Reactions: McLovin32
Reactions: RileyHawk

And it also wasn’t “crime” he was protecting his family from, but a 6 year old girl and her parents.

The lack of information put out by the investigating authorities is puzzling. Other than a motive and the scenario of how the 9 year-old boy escaped the shooting, this case seems rather cut and dried. Ballistics testing of the weapon and rounds used by the suspect to kill himself should be easily matched to the victims. Ghost guns are banned in 10 states (not Iowa) and the District of Columbia. Congress needs to ban them nationally along with assault-style rifles and high capacity magazines.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT