ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty accurate depiction....

LarryMullenJr.

HR Legend
Dec 7, 2011
DApJe7ZXgAIJQp6.jpg

Do you believe this is bad and if so how do you fix it? If you take away threes you're just going to get a bunch of collisions at the rim where the refs have to make subjective judgement calls. Moving back the three point line is certainly a possibility. You'd have to set it back far enough where the average is around 33% to make it even with taking a two at 50%. Then the corner threes would become the trend again as players would shoot a higher percentage there unless they widen the court.

Do you believe this is bad and if so how do you fix it? If you take away threes you're just going to get a bunch of collisions at the rim where the refs have to make subjective judgement calls. Moving back the three point line is certainly a possibility. You'd have to set it back far enough where the average is around 33% to make it even with taking a two at 50%. Then the corner threes would become the trend again as players would shoot a higher percentage there unless they widen the court.

I am thirsty for a 40. Goodness.

Reactions: 2432Hawk

If you're asking me, I really don't care (not intended to sound hostile). I just thought the cartoon was funny...especially given that I'm a member of the group on the bottom right.:D

Reactions: 2432Hawk
Hilarious. I freaking hate that 3 point shot. It has really changed the game. I would be ok if they moved it to the nba 3 point line.

Hilarious. I freaking hate that 3 point shot. It has really changed the game. I would be ok if they moved it to the nba 3 point line.

Hard to say when, but I have 100% confidence the line will get moved back. Don't think to NBA, but somewhere in between.

When was the last time you saw a young big man learning to play back to the basket? Anyone watch Kareem score 20000 NBA points with one shot?

Hakeem O and Kevin McHale rarely shot more than two or three feet from the basket (point of release); and they weren't doing a ton of driving either.

Reactions: HawkeyeHoltkamp
When was the last time you saw a young big man learning to play back to the basket? Anyone watch Kareem score 20000 NBA points with one shot?

Hakeem O and Kevin McHale rarely shot more than two or three feet from the basket (point of release); and they weren't doing a ton of driving either.
Yeah , I liked the real moves in the post but the butt bulldozer crap was for the birds.

They need to add a 4 pointer 6 feet behind the 3 point line

Bad fundamentals from this kid. Jump-stop and then go straight up, landing where he took off from. That verticality would have allowed HO to take a full stride (note the short, "choppy" step he was forced to take due to the bad shooting form) and send the ball much further in to the stands.

Looks like a person taking a three that needs to use motion to replace missing arm strength. If you ask me that kid couldn't have gone straight up from there and even reached the rim.

But my real complaint is the waste of blocking a shot clear out of bounds at all when the big fella could have caught the dang ball and gained possession!

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.

GARZA

I don't care so much about the three line. But I DO care about the big guys backing a smaller guy all the way to the hoop. It is so much better to see a game with skill and quickness and movement and passing that what we have now.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
I don't care so much about the three line. But I DO care about the big guys backing a smaller guy all the way to the hoop. It is so much better to see a game with skill and quickness and movement and passing that what we have now.

Agree!!! The old adage of "the defender is entitled to occupy the space he's in" is a crock anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT