ADVERTISEMENT

Private K-12 schools question

mr12182

HB MVP
Jan 14, 2009
Seeing that some schools dismissed early today due to heat, i wondered if the private schools have a minimum number of hours for attendance like the public schools do? Other than informing their school board, I don't know who they'd report them to for oversight. TIA

Seeing that some schools dismissed early today due to heat, i wondered if the private schools have a minimum number of hours for attendance like the public schools do? Other than informing their school board, I don't know who they'd report them to for oversight. TIA
It’s a state requirement.
The private schools i was familiar with in iowa had air conditioning and would have a full day.
Are the cr high schools that have air dismissing?

Reactions: LuteHawk
Trinity Lutheran School, Davenport has an excellent facility, faculty,
and reputation in their community. It has Kindergarten through 8th
grade. It is academically accredited by the Iowa Department of
Education and National Lutheran School Accreditation. Health wise
it meets the immunization requirements of the Iowa Dept. of Health.

Bottom Line: The excellent private schools will not only meet state
requirements, they will do better when possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinehawk
Dowling Catholic has air conditioning but it broke down today . They dismissed at 10:30.

I heard Alliant asked LinnMar to shut down early today. Don’t know if that is true or not. Cedar Rapids schools with air closed early to answer OP’s question.

Due to heat? It was 107-109 every day last week and school didn't let out. That's just Tuesday here in Texas. Wussies!

....now, let it drop below 20 and we'll have a different conversation. :cool:

Yes, they do. Same requirement.

Reactions: LuteHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT