ADVERTISEMENT

Protest Saturday

SotaHawk87

HR Legend
Jan 3, 2015
http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Po...lanned-for-UIs-homecoming-game-449308823.html

I'm whatever about the nfl protests, thought Trump was out of line.. this really seems like a stretch! I guess I'm not sure why you would use Iowas football platform and drag them into this? Wondering what that solves or helps? She acknowledged IC hasn't had any incidents so maybe honor the police instead of pulling this? Just a thought!

So who is she protesting? Police around the nation, but not iowa city police where the protest is? Why not go to where there are and have been problems rather than somewhere there has not been.

Sometimes I wonder about the liberal arts degrees at iowa, every one of those classes I took just required an opinion that aligned with the professor teaching the class.

Why does the media give this shit any coverage? Until african americans truly address the root cause of many social issues in their communities there will be a disproportionate number of AA's arrested. Violent crime is significantly higher in AA communities which does create a bias with police I'm sure. 60% of crime by AA's come from individuals without a high school education. Single parent homes, even higher.

I know several police officers and they certainly seem to be more vigilant and wary in certain areas of the cities they work in. I do not believe that all police officers are perfect but a few incidents have created this national furor. I will be personally disappointed in those that protest by kneeling because I do think it disrespects our flag and country. Travel the world and then come back. I'll guarantee you almost want to kiss the ground sometimes. This is the greatest country in the world, the freedom that we fight for every day allows some of the freedoms that allow them a platform to speak their mind. Isn't it ironic that they disrespect the one symbol of freedom known throughout the word.

Go ahead and kneel or pump your fist in the air, I'm going to stand up with my hat off, hand over my heart and sing the national anthem as loud as I can because I am damn proud to be an American.

So who is she protesting? Police around the nation, but not iowa city police where the protest is? Why not go to where there are and have been problems rather than somewhere there has not been.

Sometimes I wonder about the liberal arts degrees at iowa, every one of those classes I took just required an opinion that aligned with the professor teaching the class.
Your experience at Iowa was quite different than mine.

Nationally I have been supportive of the protests but am not a huge fan of it being led by someone in the crowd at a hawkeye game. At this point, I think that there are more effective ways to call out police violence or work on the issue than kneeling during the national anthem.

This is one of those things where if we ignore it, I feel like the protest would go away. However, I'm sure conservatives will overreact in response and then liberals will overreact to the overreaction. Perfect showing of the state of America today, almost ironic its during the anthem.

She admits this could be misunderstood as disrespectful to the county. Why not just hold a banner outside instead so there is no confusion?

Reactions: SotaHawk87
The funny thing is, unless the tv zooms in on them. No one will even notice! I can imagine we will coordinate thousands of students to sit right next to each other to pull this off. Not going to work and no one will care.

The funny thing is, unless the tv zooms in on them. No one will even notice! I can imagine we will coordinate thousands of students to sit right next to each other to pull this off. Not going to work and no one will care.

What's Ray Rice up to these days....

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
There will always be anecdotal examples of police brutality, and those police resonsible should be punished. The reality is that the facts just dont back up the BLM type claims around police brutality against blacks that have fueled current NFL protests. Case in point, the "Hands Up Dont Shoot" was a lie in Ferguson, MO.

They should be protesting the insane amount of black on black murders in cities like Chicago.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/10/04/left-ignore-black-black-crime/

Not sure why people are so worried about peaceful protest, I mean especially when we have natural disasters, crazy ass dude shooting up a concert, people running over people, etc.....just my opinion but I think there are more important things to worry about. Not too mention that maybe if people worried more about their own actions and their own flaws and not worry about what others are doing peacefully, I think our world would be a better place

So this student wants to show no disrespect to the flag but wants other students to protest something of which she is not aware by showing disrespect to the flag. I do not know what her capacity for logic may have been before she began her academic career at Iowa but it seems unlikely that her education has contributed significantly to her ability to reason logically by the first semester of her junior year.

So this student wants to show no disrespect to the flag but wants other students to protest something of which she is not aware by showing disrespect to the flag. I do not know what her capacity for logic may have been before she began her academic career at Iowa but it seems unlikely that her education has contributed significantly to her ability to reason logically by the first semester of her junior year.
Welcome to today's collegiate scene

Not sure why people are so worried about peaceful protest, I mean especially when we have natural disasters, crazy ass dude shooting up a concert, people running over people, etc.....just my opinion but I think there are more important things to worry about. Not too mention that maybe if people worried more about their own actions and their own flaws and not worry about what others are doing peacefully, I think our world would be a better place
There are way more important things to worry about right now than protesting our law enforcement and disrespecting our anthem and flag. We should all be coming together in these times of tragedy following natural disasters and mass killings.

Hmmm ... so should I get news coverage by announcing I'm going to ask those in my section to hold up Milk Bones to recognize dog abuse? (I love dogs by the way)... I mean this should really be brought to light at a college football game, right? ... Especially at Kinnick Stadium during a football game played by 18-22 year olds?

Too many people overstep their boundaries by thinking everyone should give a sh&t about their causes or opinions. The kneeling, the raised fist, the linking arms ... the Pokemon Go craze ... What's the flavor of the month? Half of the people doing this sh*t have no real reason or understanding of what they are doing other than following a "template" movement because everyone is doing it or talking about it ... THAT'S where we are as a society.

You wanna protest? Go sit in your front yard with a sign ... Or better yet ... go make an actual difference in your community versus using someone else's template ... Raising a fist or kneeling? How is that making a difference? Go DO SOMETHING!

Last edited:
Her Twitter feed states "megaphones make me me feel powerful" and has a picture of her ranting into one at another protest.

Just another example of a self absorbed, leftist, pseudo intellectual, millennial craving attention the wrong way. Who cares...

There are way more important things to worry about right now than protesting our law enforcement and disrespecting our anthem and flag. We should all be coming together in these times of tragedy following natural disasters and mass killings.
I completely agree, but that is pretty hypocritical because here we are worrying about people not worrying about what we feel is important. That is why I think it is important for those of us who realize what is important right now to focus on those things and not worry about other people priorities.

I completely agree, but that is pretty hypocritical because here we are worrying about people not worrying about what we feel is important. That is why I think it is important for those of us who realize what is important right now to focus on those things and not worry about other people priorities.

I get tired of the people who routinely move from one "cause" to the next and rarely actually contribute anything of tangible value. Whether it's save the whales or taking a knee, little in the way of value is actually accomplished by people that become perpetual cause seekers. More often than not it has the reverse consequence of pissing a lot of people off by blocking highways, etc...

I have far greater respect for the people who quietly were donating blood in Vegas than the social justice warrior's attention seeking.

Really don't think this will have any legs to it. This is a look at me moment for her. The NFL protests were even starting to die down last week. Seems KCRG was the only one to even pick this up.

I get tired of the people who routinely move from one "cause" to the next and rarely actually contribute anything of tangible value. Whether it's save the whales or taking a knee little is actually accomplished by people that become perpetual cause seekers.

I have far greater respect for the people who quietly donating blood in Vegas than the social justice warrior's attention seeking.
Also agree with this, however; I often find it a waste of time worrying about what other's are doing. We are all sinners who should be focused on improving ourselves and being the best we can be. I am too old and too flawed to stand on a soap box worrying about what others are doing.

Reactions: bestive
ADVERTISEMENT