ADVERTISEMENT

Protest Saturday

Step 1: don't plead with millennial d-bag agitators
Step 2: this is far from reality. The reality is that there will likely be numerous unemployed grads with liberal arts degrees shifting their protests to student loan debt.
Step 3: WTF is this group chat?
Step 4: college is the least stressful time in life.
Did you go to college???? Because I completely disagree, college was super stressful. I was broke, I worked 30 hours a week, I had constant homework, and I was constantly hung over and making poor decisions

Police brutality isn't a thing. The media wants it to be just like they want to make it seem like every incident involving two different races is racism.

Like any profession, the police force is made up of regular citizens and with millions of Americans, you are always going to have nut jobs and people who over steps their bounds. It happens in every profession, always has and always will. I can bet you there are far more examples of heroism and compassion from the police force on a daily basis than injustices but you won't hear about those.

The real crime is continuing to give people the stage to make false accusations with no repercussions for their actions or facts needed to validate their claims. I'm looking at you, Michael Bennett.
So you said it isn't a thing and then you said there are a few bad apples? So which is it? I have seen numerous videos of police brutality that would show that there is in fact police brutality. I see stories all the time of police heroism and compassion, they are great! However, to boldly claim it isn't a thing is short sided to say the least.

Reactions: rufus-hawk
Nobody is saying get rid of the police or that all police are bad. Nobody is saying that. At all. They're saying that the justice system is skewed against minorities and that there is an lot of police brutality.

"Pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon!"

"What do we want, dead cops. When do we want it, now!" -A crowd of thousands of leftest protestors

I think your statement makes a lot of these people seem more reasonable than they actually are.

Also as a side note, I disagree that the justice system is skewed significantly against minorities. For the most part, it's just that they are committing more crimes.

I never posted that there should be more police brutality. It's simple, follow the law and you will have no problem. A country of lawlessness would not be a good situation.

Are there a few bad cops out there, sure there are, but should cops in general be classified as the problem, I don't think so.
I think the point is that many of these situations are examples of when somebody (mostly minorities) are in fact not breaking any laws and still get harassed. I don't think anybody is claiming all cops are bad, because we know that is not the case. However, behaviors that are continually seen are behaviors that are allowed. That is the problem

"Pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon!"

"What do we want, dead cops. When do we want it, now!" -A crowd of thousands of leftest protestors

I think your statement makes a lot of these people seem more reasonable than they actually are.

Also as a side note, I disagree that the justice system is skewed significantly against minorities. For the most part, it's just that they are committing more crimes.
So when it is a "few bad cops" it isn't a problem but when its a few protesters it is. I guess people can change the narrative any way they want to fit their narrative.

Reactions: rufus-hawk
So you said it isn't a thing and then you said there are a few bad apples? So which is it? /QUOTE]

I think, when people say something "isn't a thing, but there are a few bad apples" they mean it's so rare and there isn't enough of it for it to warrant getting any sort of widespread attention. Which is probably true in this case.

So when it is a "few bad cops" it isn't a problem but when its a few protesters it is. I guess people can change the narrative any way they want to fit their narrative.

It's not just a few protestors. It was literally thousands of them. And millions more think the same way.

Personally, I have no need for law enforcement for protection. I'm certified and licensed to carry and conceal. But I've seen your posts. "There should be more police brutality" Is that Making America Great Again?

You've told people who don't agree with you they should pack up and leave. Hey, if you want to live under a police state maybe you should move...to Venezuela or North Korea or Turkey. Or join a fascist group like the neo Nazis.

Fify

Maybe so, IDK about you but I have seen some pretty f'ed up videos. It is especially bad when these people (police officers) are people of power and authority who are supposed to uphold the law. I mean I am a teacher and you never hear of the constant sacrifices teachers make on a daily basis. You only hear about sex with students, abuse, etc.... The problem isn't the media it is the society. Society loves hearing shitty stories and seeing crappy things. If people wouldn't watch the news or buy newspapers then it wouldn't be printed, you know kind of like many peoples solution to being opposed to players kneeling.
Look I am not saying I agree with their methods, because I wish they would find another route to protest. However, how are so many people outraged by a few players kneeling but not outraged about a few dirty ass cops who are literally shown beating the shit out of somebody in cuffs, or shooting an unarmed civilian. Do you all not find irony, hypocrisy, and how messed up your priorities are.

Nobody is saying get rid of the police or that all police are bad. Nobody is saying that. At all. They're saying that the justice system is skewed against minorities and that there is an lot of police brutality.
Cougar63, I have some sympathy for the Black Lives Matter movement. I believe that there are instances of unwarranted police brutality. Now, I also believe that there is some ridiculous rhetoric coming out of that movement that paints all police personnel as a racist and evil. That overheated rhetoric has significantly damaged the movement.

What I have a problem with is a liberal college student trying to appropriate both that movement and a college football game to make a name for herself by issuing press releases to the local media. I have a problem with her grandstanding when she recognizes that she has never been subject to the issue and does not consider it to be a local problem. Then, I have a problem when she blames the police as her reason for cancelling her publicity stunt.

This comes from her latest press release: "After meetings with University administration addressing the focus and demands of the coming protests at the parade and football game, it has come to our attention that safety cannot be guaranteed to any student who participates in these events." I think that it is disingenuous for her to blame a lack of law enforcement as the reason for cancelling her self-promoting event. I dislike people who blame others or lie to cover for their own mistakes and poor judgment.

I do not believe that a concern over safety was the real reason for cancelling the protest. I thought that it was ironic that she was using that excuse as a justification for cancelling the protest.

Check out crime statistics, who and what kinds of crimes are committed by race. You may be shocked and angered.

So she wants protection provided by the very people she wants to disparage? Got it. I'd love to hear the facts she has to back up her position too instead of just, you know, police are doing bad stuff so we need to do something about it. I wish interviewers would ask for facts and force protesters to back up their position instead of let them off the hook when they look incredibly foolish.

To solve all of this for both sides, police must have body and car cams to record everything when making a stop or on a call to justify their actions or in-actions sad to say.

So she wants protection provided by the very people she wants to disparage? Got it. I'd love to hear the facts she has to back up her position too instead of just, you know, police are doing bad stuff so we need to do something about it. I wish interviewers would ask for facts and force protesters to back up their position instead of let them off the hook when they look incredibly foolish.

To solve all of this for both sides, police must have body and car cams to record everything when making a stop or on a call to justify their actions or in-actions sad to say.

This ×100

Society was built by smart, savvy and hard working people who mostly could police themselves. Police and restrictions were needed and put into place because of the morons and degenerates not the regular Joes and Jill's.

What majority or minority you want to blame or defend is meaningless. Until we get rid of this idiotic segregation we'll never get to where we need to be. All lives matter.

Personally, I have no need for law enforcement for protection. I'm certified and licensed to carry and conceal. But I've seen your posts. "There should be more police brutality" Is that Making America Great Again?

You've told people who don't agree with you they should pack up and leave. Hey, if you want to live under a police state maybe you should move...to Valenzuela, or North Korea or Turkey. Or join a fascist group like the neo Nazis.
Valenzuela? Or a fascist group like Antifa?

Did you go to college???? Because I completely disagree, college was super stressful. I was broke, I worked 30 hours a week, I had constant homework, and I was constantly hung over and making poor decisions
Avoiding the hangovers might have reduced your stress level as well as your financial problems.

Reactions: Quintana
Avoiding the hangovers might have reduced your stress level as well as your financial problems.
Very true, but whats the fun in that. I am very glad I partied my face of in college because I truly believe that is part of the experience and the time and place to do that. After college I was able to focus on my career and very rarely find the need to drink or party because I got that out of my system in college. Best and worst times of my life. Loved it, but wouldn't want to do it all over again.......however, I do miss walking on campus in the spring/summer to see the short white shorts and mini skirts....now would be even better because of yoga pants in the cold days.....were not a thing back in the day. Bless whomever invented yoga pants and made it a fad

Check out crime statistics, who and what kinds of crimes are committed by race. You may be shocked and angered.
On the flip side, not many minorities are involved in serial killing and mass shootings- those are limited to white males....so there is that

Cant we just be happy they are helping fill seats of a stadium where the product on the field falls short in doing so?

If you have a real problem with peaceful protest you should have disowned the University of Iowa a LONG time ago. Do some research.

I completed undergraduate and postgraduate studies at Iowa while working throughout. Sure there are elements of that which are stressful but I think working in a high stress occupation while raising kids is far more challenging. I think undergrad is far more fun than doing things like sleep depriving surgical residencies 80+ hours a week.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
On the flip side, not many minorities are involved in serial killing and mass shootings- those are limited to white males....so there is that

Not true. The percentage of whites committing mass shootings aligns almost exactly the same as the general population.
51% White / 15% African American..., plus a few mass shooters more closely defined as terror attacks such as Nidal Hasan at Fort Hood, and Omar Mateen at Pulse Night Club in Orlando).

Back to the original post. The woman is a troll. She is trying to find relevance after her efforts to help HRH get elected didn't pan out. Some people want to find things to protest about just so they can fell relevant and/or get their 15 minutes of fame.
With regards to police brutality, does she mean like the police brutality and racism Michael Bennett experienced after the McGregor/Mayweather fight? You know the case where it has now been revealed that he is a race baiting lying pos? For every case a policeman has a racially motivated bias, or over reacts to a heightened situation, there are 100s of cases where police officers act professionally towards everyone and even risk their lives for others regardless of race. I don't think the cops that ran into the twin towers were running into a burning building to search for whites only.
Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO, which was the catalyst for BLM is based on a total lie. When you are walking down the middle of the street, and you perfectly fit the description of a man that just roughed up a store clerk and stole cigarillos (Brown 6'4" 300 lbs). It isn't even criminal profiling that occurred (I said criminal profiling, because that is what it is. Racial profiling is a term used by the left to imply a sinister aspect to crime fighting. Nobody is profiling a race, they are profiling criminals). Michael Brown attacks a police officer, actually going into the car to assault the officer, punches him in the face, tries to get cop's gun, flees after the gun discharges and hits him in the hand, then he turns and lunges at the cop. Brown gets shot... Instant justice in my book. At no point in time did Hands up/Don't shoot ever happen! Michael Brown is responsible for Michael Brown's death. A tragedy yes, but sometimes bad behavior and choices can lead to tragic results.

Maybe so, IDK about you but I have seen some pretty f'ed up videos. It is especially bad when these people (police officers) are people of power and authority who are supposed to uphold the law. I mean I am a teacher and you never hear of the constant sacrifices teachers make on a daily basis. You only hear about sex with students, abuse, etc.... The problem isn't the media it is the society. Society loves hearing shitty stories and seeing crappy things. If people wouldn't watch the news or buy newspapers then it wouldn't be printed, you know kind of like many peoples solution to being opposed to players kneeling.
Look I am not saying I agree with their methods, because I wish they would find another route to protest. However, how are so many people outraged by a few players kneeling but not outraged about a few dirty ass cops who are literally shown beating the shit out of somebody in cuffs, or shooting an unarmed civilian. Do you all not find irony, hypocrisy, and how messed up your priorities are.
Ummmmmm.........your last few sentences are really presuming a f*** ton......which is WAAAAAY more than a normal ton.

Just sayin.

Btw, the phrase "can't have nice things" applies to this issue for both sides.

The word "unnecessary" also ties into that.

Let's see if you guys can crack the cryptic code to what that means in regards to this and all the other issues people want to protest and get up in arms about around the world.

Good luck.

I completed undergraduate and postgraduate studies at Iowa while working throughout. Sure there are elements of that which are stressful but I think working in a high stress occupation while raising kids is far more challenging. I think undergrad is far more fun than doing things like sleep depriving surgical residencies 80+ hours a week.
Life choices.......

Ummmmmm.........your last few sentences are really presuming a f*** ton......which is WAAAAAY more than a normal ton.

Just sayin.

Btw, the phrase "can't have nice things" applies to this issue for both sides.

The word "unnecessary" also ties into that.

Let's see if you guys can crack the cryptic code to what that means in regards to this and all the other issues people want to protest and get up in arms about around the world.

Good luck.
I guess my point in the whole thing is I think both sides are wrong, and if nobody is right then everybody is wrong. I am so sick of these extremes. Liberals, conservatives, democrats, republicans, etc are all so annoying. I really need another political party formed so that I have something I can agree with. I just never look at the world in black in white, I am always somewhere in that nice little area of grey. I don't agree with the protesters and I also find it hypocritical that people get so worked up over it.

I guess my point in the whole thing is I think both sides are wrong, and if nobody is right then everybody is wrong. I am so sick of these extremes. Liberals, conservatives, democrats, republicans, etc are all so annoying. I really need another political party formed so that I have something I can agree with. I just never look at the world in black in white, I am always somewhere in that nice little area of grey. I don't agree with the protesters and I also find it hypocritical that people get so worked up over it.
That makes more sense.

Even if true which bman pretty much explained isn't, mass shootings and serial killings pales in comparison to the number of murders committed by blacks. Black violence against whites is amazingly high compared to whites against blacks, actually 39 TIMES more likely, 136 TIMES more likely to commit robbery against whites, 7 times more likely to commit murder overall. Of nearly 770,000 violent crimes a year 85 percent are committed by blacks and 15 percent whites, and blacks are only around 13 percent of the population for Gods sake. Think about that for a second.

Lame. Go break into your college 529 savings plan and finance a trip to a college town where there ACTUALLY is police brutality occurring. I'm here to watch football, not get sent on yet another intangible guilt trip.

I'll raise a fist to protest mysandry.
How about we all hang our balls out of our zippers to protest lack of testicular cancer funding? Would we still get university approval on that?

Timing is everything........so please........do..not..do this..at the end of the 1st quarter

So who is she protesting? Police around the nation, but not iowa city police where the protest is? Why not go to where there are and have been problems rather than somewhere there has not been.

Sometimes I wonder about the liberal arts degrees at iowa, every one of those classes I took just required an opinion that aligned with the professor teaching the class.

Ding ding ding ding.

Why does the media give this shit any coverage? Until african americans truly address the root cause of many social issues in their communities there will be a disproportionate number of AA's arrested. Violent crime is significantly higher in AA communities which does create a bias with police I'm sure. 60% of crime by AA's come from individuals without a high school education. Single parent homes, even higher.

I know several police officers and they certainly seem to be more vigilant and wary in certain areas of the cities they work in. I do not believe that all police officers are perfect but a few incidents have created this national furor. I will be personally disappointed in those that protest by kneeling because I do think it disrespects our flag and country. Travel the world and then come back. I'll guarantee you almost want to kiss the ground sometimes. This is the greatest country in the world, the freedom that we fight for every day allows some of the freedoms that allow them a platform to speak their mind. Isn't it ironic that they disrespect the one symbol of freedom known throughout the word.

Go ahead and kneel or pump your fist in the air, I'm going to stand up with my hat off, hand over my heart and sing the national anthem as loud as I can because I am damn proud to be an American.

White liberals invented most of the bullshit that AAs now believe.

Instead of actualluy trying to help them they've convinced them all non liberal white people are racist.

Its the most counterproductive and devisive thing you could possibly do to everyone.

White liberals invented most of the bullshit that AAs now believe.

Instead of actualluy trying to help them they've convinced them all non liberal white people are racist.

Its the most counterproductive and devisive thing you could possibly do to everyone.

That and osama Obama declared open season on police by portraying they were always in the wrong and are racist. I bet 99% of cops despise obama. He did more to divide this country than anyone ever has.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT