ADVERTISEMENT

Proudly wearing my gold 2002 Big Ten Champions shirt

cidsports

HB King
Here & Now, let's support this guy who leads the Iowa QB room today. I'm in.

Watching Fox's Big Noon today, as I handed off my tickets to a client for Week 4. Looking forward to my next time back in Kinnick, since this game got nixed. Grateful.

“That’s probably my No. 1 job,” Spencer Petras said Tuesday ahead of fifth-ranked Iowa’s 2:30 p.m. Saturday game against visiting Colorado State. “I think our number now is there’s a 98% chance if we don’t turn the ball over on offense, we win the game at Iowa. Not turning the ball over is huge.”

Wisconsin vs. Notre Dame - the Badgers QB has fallen short in that category.

Spencer Petras' ball security is a big reason the sixth-ranked Hawkeyes are scoring points despite modest yardage totals.

Spencer Petras' ball security is a big reason the sixth-ranked Hawkeyes are scoring points despite modest yardage totals. JOSEPH CRESS/IOWA CITY PRESS-CITIZEN

“Decision-making and ball placement, that’s all interceptions are,” said Petras, whose last interception occurred in the second quarter vs. Nebraska in the sixth game of 2020. “Either it’s a bad decision or poorly thrown ball. … I’m working on that every single play. That’s the goal.”

Iowa's team chemistry throughout this team from special teams to the offense to the coaching staff to the defense .... it all appears to be on positive levels.

FS1 has today's 2:30 PM call. Another Spence in the house today.

Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman have today's and Friday's Blackout in Maryland covering the 5th ranked Hawkeyes.

Colorado State, Iowa and Georgia all enjoy their defensive styles. CSU's Steve Addazio has not had the success of Mel Tucker in 2021.

The Rams shouldn't be disrespected. They would give Kent State a game, as Maryland will get today.

Iowa vs. Colorado State

The Hawkeyes need to play clean football, protect the football [we all are rooting for you Ivory Kelly-Martin] and avoid mistakes and penalties.

Discipline and error free football will be a tall order for the Rams. Addazio lectured the local media on the issue.

He likes his team. Defense, solid TE play, special teams .... does this sound familiar.

Iowa should win. Should win B1G.

Iowa 38
CSU 13

Enjoy your weekend!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News