ADVERTISEMENT

Prove me right KF

hawkisoaker

HR MVP
Aug 5, 2011
So I kind-of used the 24hr rule. Let the emotions settle and speak with a less emotional voice.

I have defended KF, always been a huge fan of the captain and still am. No better man or coach in the BIG for many years if ever.

No bigger overachiever and preparer in CFB, IMO. No coach has done to any university, in an apple to apple comparison, so consistently, as the greatness KF has brought to the Iowa fball program.

But, even I have to admit when it's time for a change. It's as simple as this to me. KF has stood true to his word and his way by letting Petras get the last two games in. No one is a star nor a dud in one game of a season. But enough is enough, it is clear that Petras, no matter the separation he shows in practice is just not as we sometimes describe less talented players who get it done, a gamer.

Petras has had plenty of opportunity and KF can look back and say he gave the good kid more then his fair share of chances.

KF, you know it's time, it really can't get worse, so there is no reason to not give someone, anyone, a shot at proving they may be more of a gamer, no matter any separation between he and Petras in practice.

At a minimum the QB change or changes (I think both Padilla and Labas should get reps) should start now, and if there isn't improvement then unfortunately you need to remove BF from OC.

I've met BF and think he's a fine man also, took the time to walk out of his way to speak to our kids for a significant amount of time on a few occasions. I think BF knows what he's doing but is in a tough spot talent wise for what he's asked to do. But that being said he's the OC, and he needs to be the consequence if things don't get better.

Finally, if KF doesn't see the obvious, at a minimum a QB change, then maybe it is time for a change at the top. I pray KF makes a qb change and things turn the corner, as I think KF deserves to leave on his own terms, and I hope it's not after a frylike downward spiral. COME ON CAPTAIN, MAKE THE CHANGE! PROVE ME RIGHT, YOUR TIME IS NOT UP, YOU STILL HAVE A RUN IN YA....otherwise, you'll lose even my support.

ADVERTISEMENT