ADVERTISEMENT

Pryce reveals who his Freshman Roommate will be

In the world of NIL, the more attention (and followers) may very well equal more money. Simply building a brand in my view, and why not with the way things are. Hope he picks the Hawks.

If he really still hasn't made up his mind then I'm not as optimistic. I was hoping that he had mostly made up his mind after the Iowa visit. Other schools who are more likely to throw late NIL or other questionable recruiting tactics would seem to have an advantage in these situations. Fran plays it pretty straight up, so I hope the Estrella family appreciates that.

Iowa will soon be floating in money given the new TV contract the B1G just signed. I think we get 53 million now and some say, that might almost double.

The issue for the time being in college athletics is there is not a straight line between media rights payments to schools and players. Any NIL opportunities will come from the Swarm collective (where everyone gets the same amount, at least that's how it was explained when it launched) or the player gets deals on his own (i.e. a car dealership paying to appear in ads/promotions).

Some of the other schools (or I should clarify, boosters of those schools) have created large, sport-specific NIL collectives that guarantee payment of significant $ to any player on the roster. It doesn't seem to be something that Iowa wants to be involved in. I understand the "win, graduate, do it right" mantra but mostly that sounds pompous and self-serving in today's environment. Never mind that the football coach, basketball coach and AD are all making millions each year off college athletics. We "do it right" here so we can't have a large amount of money going to players via a collective. It is a very mixed missage.

Did Tennessee really come up with an NIL offer that was too good to refuse?

I am more interested in facts as opposed to rumors.

Reactions: F5n5
Seems as though this special announcement has been leaked for a couple of weeks now. Too bad. I think it would a been a mutually beneficial situation for him and the Iowa fans. Would certainly be nice if we won a few more of these battles. Being in his top two or three is as good as being last.

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
Seems as though this special announcement has been leaked for a couple of weeks now. Too bad. I think it would a been a mutually beneficial situation for him and the Iowa fans. Would certainly be nice if we won a few more of these battles. Being in his top two or three is as good as being last.

Yeah, it's been weird. It appeared JP's decision was down to Iowa and Syracuse. Then came the rumors that Tennessee came in with an NIL deal. Again, they are rumors.

We have lost out on players in the transfer portal because of NIL.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the first high school prospect we have lost out on apparently because of NIL.

As we have known for a while, JP will be picking Tennessee. Iowa and Syracuse were the other finalists.

His live announcement is at noon CT

Watch here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT