ADVERTISEMENT

Pryce Sandfort “steals the show” at national tourney

Does Pryce know what state the cornhuskers are in, and I don’t just mean the political entity, and the fact that Nebraska is at the bottom of the conference academically. Actually below the bottom as they aren’t even a tier one research university anymore as they got kicked out of the prestigious AAU, of which every other b10 school is a founding member?

sure hoiburg is a good coach (willing to compromise on academics and ethics though, as he did in Ames), but nothing special is ever happening in Lincoln. Not even in football.

would be demoralizing for such a super talented and great person from a great family to subsist at the bottom of the conference and never even make the NCAA, as is their destiny.

volleyball maybe. gotta give them credit. Maybe pryce will choose a new sport?

Does Pryce know what state the cornhuskers are in, and I don’t just mean the political entity, and the fact that Nebraska is at the bottom of the conference academically. Actually below the bottom as they aren’t even a tier one research university anymore as they got kicked out of the prestigious AAU, of which every other b10 school is a founding member?

sure hoiburg is a good coach (willing to compromise on academics and ethics though, as he did in Ames), but nothing special is ever happening in Lincoln. Not even in football.

would be demoralizing for such a super talented and great person from a great family to subsist at the bottom of the conference and never even make the NCAA, as is their destiny.

volleyball maybe. gotta give them credit. Maybe pryce will choose a new sport?

Tell me you don’t know much about the AAU without telling me you don’t know much about the AAU.

A poster on TOS with ties to Waukee mentioned the same thing. He also mentioned that Pryce grew up an ISU fan. As a poster above mentioned, his family has ties to NE. Makes both ISU and NE contenders.

Pryce to IA may not be the slam dunk some think it is.
What's TOS?

A poster on TOS with ties to Waukee mentioned the same thing. He also mentioned that Pryce grew up an ISU fan. As a poster above mentioned, his family has ties to NE. Makes both ISU and NE contenders.

Pryce to IA may not be the slam dunk some think it is.
Hoiberg's seat is the hottest in the B1G! 6-49 in conference play is horrendous. Yikes! Good luck there... As for ISU, meh. Revolving door program. It's a different team, with different players every, single year. That would not entice me. Continuity means something.

Hoiberg's seat is the hottest in the B1G! 6-49 in conference play is horrendous. Yikes! Good luck there... As for ISU, meh. Revolving door program. It's a different team, with different players every, single year. That would not entice me. Continuity means something.
This. If he has another bad year this year it may be his last at Nebby. That AD sure is,a glutton for punishment!

This. If he has another bad year this year it may be his last at Nebby. That AD sure is,a glutton for punishment!
Agree with both of these. This is do or die for Hoiberg. Maybe he has one year after that if he shows solid progression and has a solid recruiting class (which doesn't seem to be an issue for him from what I can tell).

This may very well be a big part in securing Pryce's recruitment.

Hoiberg is the only Cyclone, current or past, that I have ever held in high regard. Met him once in Iowa City and was totally impressed.

Reactions: skydog0784
The DB AD for Nebbie did restructure both FB & BB coaches contracts to soften the blow upon firing... But damn, the judgment does Not seem sound!

It will sadden me to no end if Pryce ends up at Iowa State after Fran has put so much energy in recruiting him and having his brother already playing for Iowa, but certainly he won't be the first player or last player to turn down Fran's offer and play somewhere else.

A crystal ball for JP Estrella was surprising in a good way.

JP, Owen, Pryce and Braddock is a pretty awesome class. Definite sign that recent success has translated into tangible recruiting results.

For the worried, anything over 5 means more rather than less likely. No point in getting nervous...we'll know when we know, and we have a better position than anyone else. right now. If it works out 3 guys that are somebody's four star.

Last edited:
JP, Owen, Pryce and Braddock is a pretty awesome class. Definite sign that recent success has translated into tangible recruiting results.

For the worried, anything over 5 means more rather than less likely. No point in getting nervous...we'll know when we know, and we have a better position than anyone else. right now. If it works out 3 guys that are somebody's four star.
"Braddock"????? You mean Brock don't you?

I dunno….I mean this guy wouldn’t hurt right?
91SsSl5fEpL._SL1500_.jpg

Husker BB has always sucked, so it is hard to have much animosity built up against it. On the other hand, it is been a real pleasure watching the mighty Husker FB team compete for last place, ever since they joined the B1G. I have a couple friends, who are Nebraska fans and were positive they would dominate the mediocre Big Ten in FB.:)

Reactions: Bravehawk56
It will sadden me to no end if Pryce ends up at Iowa State after Fran has put so much energy in recruiting him and having his brother already playing for Iowa, but certainly he won't be the first player or last player to turn down Fran's offer and play somewhere else.

I've literally heard nothing about ISU even contacting him let alone recruiting him.

Reactions: perryhawk
Husker BB has always sucked, so it is hard to have much animosity built up against it. On the other hand, it is been a real pleasure watching the mighty Husker FB team compete for last place, ever since they joined the B1G. I have a couple friends, who are Nebraska fans and were positive they would dominate the mediocre Big Ten in FB.:)

You know what really grinds my gears? As much as Husker BB has sucked - their home court/arena experience surpasses ours.

Reactions: kceasthawk
You know what really grinds my gears? As much as Husker BB has sucked - their home court/arena experience surpasses ours.
Yeah, it’s real great there. Thousand of fans who know nothing about basketball, shout obscene things at the opposing teams fans, including children, and once beat, feel the need to remind everyone how many NCs they have in football. Seriously, the fans in Lincoln go to games hoping to catch a Husker Volleyball T-shirt from the cheerleaders.

Do I wish Carver was better, yes, but F Lincoln and their fans.

He sure didn't have them adapt...
You can't say he has no fault in that embarrassment
He did what he could. The way they were shooting the ball that could have been a blowout. Embarrassing as it was, Iowa almost won it. But I had not seen them miss that many wide open shots all year, not even close. Take away Patrick's 4/7 shooting from the 3 and the rest of the team was 2/22. Keagan and Kris were 0/8. Iowa took 9 more shots than Richmond. Normally they would win that game. What would you have suggested - benching the Murrays or ordering them to not shoot 3s? LOL!

He did what he could. The way they were shooting the ball that could have been a blowout. Embarrassing as it was, Iowa almost won it. But I had not seen them miss that many wide open shots all year, not even close. Take away Patrick's 4/7 shooting from the 3 and the rest of the team was 2/22. Keagan and Kris were 0/8. Iowa took 9 more shots than Richmond. Normally they would win that game. What would you have suggested - benching the Murrays or ordering them to not shoot 3s? LOL!
Id suggest telling the whole team to quit jacking up so many 3s when they CLEARLY didn't have the touch that game.

Lol I know crazy thought ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT