ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Pryce Sandfort commits to Iowa***

aren't there multiple Moes?
There is only one Moe.
the-three-stooges-from-left-larry-fine-moe-howard-curly-howard-ca-1943_a-L-9919234-8363145.jpg

Omaha is fantastic, but he does some weird sh** on the court. I just don’t understand why you can’t just play basketball without celebrating after every point. Licking fingers, etc. weird. For the record, he was guarding northwests point guard, and he gave up 30 points.

Omaha is fantastic, but he does some weird sh** on the court. I just don’t understand why you can’t just play basketball without celebrating after every point. Licking fingers, etc. weird. For the record, he was guarding northwests point guard, and he gave up 30 points.
He definitely was trying to put on too much of a show in the first half, got himself in foul trouble. He'll be in the NBA in the next few years though - there's 0 doubt.

Omaha is exactly the type of player Iowa needs. They have plenty of guys like Pryce Sandfort on the roster.
I haven't watched them play much, but agree Omaha would be a great addition, minus the gestures on the court. I disagree about Pryce to a degree. He is the type of player Fran gets, but he comes in at a high level, and will be a major contributor.

I thought Waukee played better defense than Iowa!!! No one got by for a layup.
Pewaukee has a guy - Melovich or something - that was better than Sandfort at 3 pt shots, I thought. REALLY good.
Summary: Waukee up 5 at half I think. Then Pew. slowly chipped away and took a 3 pt lead with around a minute left. I think Waukee scored 5 in a row (2 FTs by Pryce) to get the final score.

I haven't watched them play much, but agree Omaha would be a great addition, minus the gestures on the court. I disagree about Pryce to a degree. He is the type of player Fran gets, but he comes in at a high level, and will be a major contributor.
I agree. I think Pryce will likely be a good player. My only point was Omaha would fill a need that is sorely lacking on this team.

I watched the whole game. Some thoughts:

Momcilovic is a great player. I think he’ll be an excellent college scorer. You can see why he’s ranked much higher than Sandfort.

It’s a bit tough to gauge Sandfort’s abilities because Waukee NW uses him so much differently than Iowa will. Waukee NW has no post presence and they don’t do a lot to run Sandfort off screens, so it’s difficult to know how he’ll fit in Iowa offense.

The biggest concern I have for Sandfort is physically. He still gets consistently out-muscled by skinny high school kids. On drives to the hoop, he struggles when defenders are physical with him. He also isn’t explosive enough to consistently go by or over defenders at the college level.

Offensively he looks to me like a pretty one-dimensional catch-and-shoot guy at the college level unless he develops more physically.

Defensively, Sandfort has long arms and quick hands and shows good instincts and reaction time.

I watched the whole game. Some thoughts:

Momcilovic is a great player. I think he’ll be an excellent college scorer. You can see why he’s ranked much higher than Sandfort.

It’s a bit tough to gauge Sandfort’s abilities because Waukee NW uses him so much differently than Iowa will. Waukee NW has no post presence and they don’t do a lot to run Sandfort off screens, so it’s difficult to know how he’ll fit in Iowa offense.

The biggest concern I have for Sandfort is physically. He still gets consistently out-muscled by skinny high school kids. On drives to the hoop, he struggles when defenders are physical with him. He also isn’t explosive enough to consistently go by or over defenders at the college level.

Offensively he looks to me like a pretty one-dimensional catch-and-shoot guy at the college level unless he develops more physically.

Defensively, Sandfort has long arms and quick hands and shows good instincts and reaction time.
Do you think he’ll be as good or better than Payton? I realize their games are a bit different.

Didn't Payton go to Waukee and play with Omaha? Why is Pryce on a different team?

ADVERTISEMENT