ADVERTISEMENT

Pryce Sandfort Story/Updates

But according to BBHawk 's logic, Tom shouldn't have created a thread linking that story because it's on the front page of this site.

You know, for trolls, you guys aren't very good at it.
Its not just Tom. Earlier this week Kyle Huesmann posted a story on the front page which I read, and found interesting. A few hours later you posted a thread here using his information, yet somehow you needed to post it like you dug it up or something. There are staff contributors who are here working, so its not necessary for you to be plagerizing their work. Thats the point.....

Its not just Tom. Earlier this week Kyle Huesmann posted a story on the front page which I read, and found interesting. A few hours later you posted a thread here using his information, yet somehow you needed to post it like you dug it up or something. There are staff contributors who are here working, so its not necessary for you to be plagerizing their work. Thats the point.....

I am fairly confident in saying that I am not plagiarizing Tom's work when I posted a link to HIS work. ;)

And Tom's work has a lot of good info to discuss; hence, this thread.

Thanks for linking a story on the front page of this site!
😉
What’s the problem with this…..the poster posts a lot of good information on basketball recruiting…..Iowa b-ball recruiting info is what I crave….so what if I read it on the front page? I can read and respond both in the lounge and in here. I see different posts with different positions and opinions.

If I’ve already read something I can skip over it. It seems like something is being made of nothing.

What’s the problem with this…..the poster posts a lot of good information on basketball recruiting…..Iowa b-ball recruiting info is what I crave….so what if I read it on the front page? I can read and respond both in the lounge and in here. I see different posts with different positions and opinions.

If I’ve already read something I can skip over it. It seems like something is being made of nothing.
Concur

If I keep creating new posts re-posting info available on the front of this site, lost of people would be pissed, especially the mods. It's their story, not FIDM's.

If I keep creating new posts re-posting info available on the front of this site, lost of people would be pissed, especially the mods. It's their story, not FIDM's.
I think there’s folks who are non lounge members who don’t always realize when articles are free to them…..and then it’s pretty easy to scroll past and not read something while scanning. There’s really nothing wrong here.

Just don’t worry about it 🤷🏻
Not everything he posts has to be ground breaking. As Perry says, he posts good info in general and some of us appreciate his enthusiasm for Iowa BB

When I come to HR, I usually go directly to the forums and bypass the front page. Tom/Blair/Kyle do an excellent job on their articles, but I admittedly don’t really see them unless they are posted in the forums. The admins promote their content in the Lounge, but a lot of the free stories never make their way over here. In other words, this is one of the less annoying things that Fran does

Hey everyone! I’m more of a lurker here. I like reading posts and discussions about the Hawkeyes. I rarely, if ever, post.
Why do so many posts here get into pissing matches? It takes away from the experience. For the record, I for one don’t go to the “front page”, I just stay logged in and leave my browser window open to the forums.
Anyway, my two cents for the foreseeable future, Go Hawks!

Hey everyone! I’m more of a lurker here. I like reading posts and discussions about the Hawkeyes. I rarely, if ever, post.
Why do so many posts here get into pissing matches? It takes away from the experience. For the record, I for one don’t go to the “front page”, I just stay logged in and leave my browser window open to the forums.
Anyway, my two cents for the foreseeable future, Go Hawks!
Why? Small penises and bossy wives.

When I come to HR, I usually go directly to the forums and bypass the front page. Tom/Blair/Kyle do an excellent job on their articles, but I admittedly don’t really see them unless they are posted in the forums. The admins promote their content in the Lounge, but a lot of the free stories never make their way over here. In other words, this is one of the less annoying things that Fran does

Thank you!

I think. ;)

And there's some good stuff in that free story, imo.

Reactions: 1911_Bandit
yea my two cents…..I usually browse through this board football and wrestling a few minutes a few times a day without looking at the front page as well…. wouldn’t have seen the story if he didn’t post it…..

apparently this is redundant but if a thread shows something you’ve already seen scroll by…… lot easier than taking the time to type a dickish comment…..

Kinda surprised by a couple of the posters providing the criticism….. usually overall pretty positive in your comments

anyway I appreciate your posts Fran and am not seeing where you try to take credit for the content

i hate to disturb the intriguing debate in this thread, but i have a question regarding Pryce. and its probably been asked and answered before so don't crucify me... why is he playing for a minnesota aau team? friends on that team or what?

yea my two cents…..I usually browse through this board football and wrestling a few minutes a few times a day without looking at the front page as well…. wouldn’t have seen the story if he didn’t post it…..

apparently this is redundant but if a thread shows something you’ve already seen scroll by…… lot easier than taking the time to type a dickish comment…..

Kinda surprised by a couple of the posters providing the criticism….. usually overall pretty positive in your comments

anyway I appreciate your posts Fran and am not seeing where you try to take credit for the content
Right, so its only Frans detractors that post "dickish" comments. CLEARLY you overlook ALOT of stuff on here including many of his posts. :rolleyes: Sorry for commenting and interrupting the circle jerk. Please continue....

Right, so its only Frans detractors that post "dickish" comments. CLEARLY you overlook ALOT of stuff on here including many of his posts. :rolleyes: Sorry for commenting and interrupting the circle jerk. Please continue....
😂😂😂😂 I’m sorry not going there…. you’re right about one thing it’s not only Fran detractors posting dickish comments

I’m sure if you look at my posting history I have plenty myself…… I try to reserve mine for people that deserve them in my judgment….. your judgment might be otherwise….. we usually agree on things from what I’ve seen…..

as far as a circle jerk I’d nominate you for the pivot man 😂

Wouldn’t it be easier to just scroll on by?

😂😂😂😂 I’m sorry not going there…. you’re right about one thing it’s not only Fran detractors posting dickish comments

I’m sure if you look at my posting history I have plenty myself…… I try to reserve mine for people that deserve them in my judgment….. your judgment might be otherwise….. we usually agree on things from what I’ve seen…..

as far as a circle jerk I’d nominate you for the pivot man 😂

Wouldn’t it be easier to just scroll on by?
I'll try to do better, sorry. It gets annoying though the number of people on here saying HE gets attacked when he's the one that started so many of these little skirmishes with crappy comments and his position in many posts that his thoughts are somehow superior or THE position to have on whatever subject it is. I don't have the guy on ignore, BECAUSE I do appreciate some of the info, (which I've made clear before), but the overbearing crap I could do without. Obviously there are many here who don't give a damn what some people say as long as they post things that they haven't seen before, so be it.....

I'll try to do better, sorry. It gets annoying though the number of people on here saying HE gets attacked when he's the one that started so many of these little skirmishes with crappy comments and his position in many posts that his thoughts are somehow superior or THE position to have on whatever subject it is. I don't have the guy on ignore, BECAUSE I do appreciate some of the info, (which I've made clear before), but the overbearing crap I could do without. Obviously there are many here who don't give a damn what some people say as long as they post things that they haven't seen before, so be it.....

Speaking of crappy comments and starting skirmishes, that's exactly what you are doing in this thread. The topic is Pryce Sandfort, btw.

Another example was the Tyler Goodson thread, where you had some crappy comments where not just I disagreed with you. You said this about Tyler in that thread:

* 90% of the time his effort or lack thereof was PITIFUL

* He was the WORST RB you could remember at Iowa in blitz pickup

* He might as well have been out there with a red cape

You went into full attack mode in that thread just because I disagreed with these comments and exaggerations.

And just because I disagree with you does not suddenly mean my opinions are superior. Good grief.

• Haha
Reactions: topherchris20
Speaking of crappy comments and starting skirmishes, that's exactly what you are doing in this thread. The topic is Pryce Sandfort, btw.

Another example was the Tyler Goodson thread, where you had some crappy comments where not just I disagreed with you. You said this about Tyler in that thread:

* 90% of the time his effort or lack thereof was PITIFUL

* He was the WORST RB you could remember at Iowa in blitz pickup

* He might as well have been out there with a red cape

You went into full attack mode in that thread just because I disagreed with these comments and exaggerations.

And just because I disagree with you does not suddenly mean my opinions are superior. Good grief.
You’re getting hard to defend here….. let it go

i hate to disturb the intriguing debate in this thread, but i have a question regarding Pryce. and its probably been asked and answered before so don't crucify me... why is he playing for a minnesota aau team? friends on that team or what?
I'm not certain on this, but my uneducated guess would be that talent wants to play with talent. Jack McCaffery is also playing with D1Minnesota 15U team. If you look at the Barnstormers roster, I think Caden Wilkins is likely the only Power 6 guy there. Whereas Pryce plays with Taison Chatman, Boden Kapke + some mid/low major D1 guys.

Reactions: Franisdaman
agreed.

sometimes it's hard not to respond to the hypocrisy.
that’s not letting it go 😂😂😂

I appreciate your efforts to post info…..

your propensity to insist on continuing to argue not so much 😎 you’re beating a dead horse at this point

fwiw I feel like you’re subject to some unfair attacks and that bothers me…..that’s the only reason I interjected myself in this whole pissing match

honestly you bring some on yourself….. little advice from an old guy….. learn to let shit roll off….. pick your battles…. always having to be right…. it ain’t worth it

Go Hawks!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT