#1 OSU beat Rutgers 49-7

#5 LSU beat W. Kentucky 48-20

#6 Clemson beat Miami 58-0

#7 MSU beat Indiana 52-26

#14 Ok State beat Kansas 58-10

#17 Oklahoma beat Texas Tech 63-27

#21 Houston beat UCF 59-10

AND

All of those have about the same impact on the IOWA game as the FSU game does.

NONE.

But I know none of the scores I posted fit your agenda.

You telling us or the team because we don't play....fortunately.

I'm telling the fans.

There was this weird sense at the Illinois game that we were just better and should win the game.

People barely cheered most of the game.

I think folks forget how razor thin the line really is between winning and losing sometimes. The fans matter. The fans pump up the defense in tough times and I hope the fans come out to Kinnick Saturday fired up.and are loud and proud.

Maryland isn't showing up just to roll over and take a beating.

Reactions: hawkeyeharv
To be fair, Georgia Tech has been on some sort of losing streak against pretty good competition. Weren't they ranked in the top 10 to start the year?

I'm telling the fans.

There was this weird sense at the Illinois game that we were just better and should win the game.

I think folks forget how razor thin the line really is between winning and losing sometimes. The fans matter. The fans pump up the defense in tough times and I hope the fans come out to Kinnick Saturday fired up.and are loud and proud.

Fans sensed their team was better than the opponent? They also had a sense they should win? That is strange. In the history of football, I don't know if that's ever happened.
Iowa IS better than Maryland and SHOULD beat them. Vegas seems to think that razor thin line is 16 points.

Fans sensed their team was better than the opponent? They also had a sense they should win? That is strange. In the history of football, I don't know if that's ever happened.
Iowa IS better than Maryland and SHOULD beat them. Vegas seems to think that razor thin line is 16 points.

Against the Illini was 23-20 for almost the entire 4th quarter and it was eerily quiet.... that game could have easily gone the other way.

Against the Illini was 23-20 for almost the entire 4th quarter and it was eerily quiet.... that game could have easily gone the other way.
I think going forward you're going to see a very focused team. These guys understand what's on the line and won't "trip over their own feet" against an inferior opponent.

Some people worry to much about the fans confidence in our team. I am more confident of winning than worried about losing. Those that want to makes posts warning us that we might lose all the time, "have a bad feeling" about a game, or that we should be worried about losing probably just want to do this so that they can post some I told you so messages if we do.

We are winning, and It is a fun year for Iowa football. Just enjoy it, whatever happens.

GO HAWKS!

I'm telling the fans.

I was there and saying people barely cheered the whole game is a gross misrepresentation. Illinois is a decent team but we SHOULD win that game and we SHOULD handle Maryland and the crowd will be loud....again. Put your big boy panties on. This whimpering and whining is not doing you well.

I was there and saying people barely cheered the whole game is a gross misrepresentation. Illinois is a decent team but we SHOULD win that game and we SHOULD handle Maryland and the crowd will be loud....again. Put your big boy panties on. This whimpering and whining is not doing you well.

Perhaps, maybe we have a different frame of reference. The 2003 Michigan game was loud wire to wire and deafening at the end. That was a 10. Illinois game was a 3.

There was a time the crowd at Kinnick really made it a home field advantage but i think some of that has been lost. Too many blue hairs in the crowd. If you go to the game go ahead and cheer. It won't hurt nothin.

Well since your example is 12 years ago and I was not attending I have no reason not to believe that it was loud. I also think we, as Iowa fans are going to be WAY more juiced based on who we are playing and where they currently are at. So yes, Mich, OSU, Wisconsin at this point would be louder. Alas, they are not on the home schedule this year. This is called human nature and it runs through just about every fan base for the most part. We were favored by 10 or 10.5 and we won by 9 and in the 4th quarter we completely took the air out of Illinois with a "death by 1000 cuts" drive with run after run after run after run....and I liked it. I think the fans are "all in" (at least those going to the games). One last point, we have a hate/hate relationship so to speak with Minnesota. From what I understand there are only about 800 single tickets for that game.....Maryland sounds like we still 8,700 available for THIS Saturday. Point being, a big part of this is WHO we are playing. Now, if Maryland was coming in at 7-0 or 6-1 and ranked I think the place would be jammed.
For me, I can't wait to get there and I hope we pound the hell out of them and I will leave less of a voice than what I came with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT