ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: #24 Iowa @ #12 Texas. National TV. SEC Network. 1 PM CT

Menace Sockeyes

HB Legend
Sep 2, 2010
Horns down!
GV1EsDsXIAAzzPr

Iowa just looks a step hesitant at times like they are terrified of the top 2 Texas players. It has put them in bad positions. We are exploiting the wings like crazy but the final 3rd ball lacks all conviction.

We have played well. Still bummed that Oregon St. was allowed to basically forfeit at half and were allowed to do it as a "no contest" and then the draw vs Western Michigan. If we hang on and draw or win I think we stay in the top 25.

Call us the Buckeyes one more time...

I'm sorry, you guys know that only Texas played in the heat and were tired? Man, must suck to play at home when the other team has yet to do so. Then the show the Texas chances and half chances. We easily could have netted a few.

Gosh I dislike the SEC network.

I live in austin but no fan of soccer... how'd they do?

Iowa just looks a step hesitant at times like they are terrified of the top 2 Texas players. It has put them in bad positions. We are exploiting the wings like crazy but the final 3rd ball lacks all conviction.

We have played well. Still bummed that Oregon St. was allowed to basically forfeit at half and were allowed to do it as a "no contest" and then the draw vs Western Michigan. If we hang on and draw or win I think we stay in the top 25.
0-0 Final. Texas returns their entire starting lineup that was Big 12 Tournament Champions, Soccer Sweet Sixteen, and are picked favorites in the SEC this year. Return 97 percent of their goals and assists in the team, and have consecutive top 10 recruiting classes as substitutes. Yet Iowa looked every bit their equal. A few good chances for Iowa to win those last 20 minutes. We are well coached. Good performance to help us stay top 25 this week.

Meike Ingles was the best player on the field for either team. Back heels, nutmegs, and even an icy cold sombrero over an onrushing Longhorn attacker. She also had the best shot of the game, forcing a wonderful tipped save onto the crossbar from Texas’ record breaking, US Women’s Youth National Team goalkeeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg and Tom Paris
0-0 Final. Texas returns their entire starting lineup that was Big 12 Tournament Champions, and are picked favorites in the SEC this year. Return 97 percent of their goals and assists in the team, and have consecutive top 10 recruiting classes as substitutes. Yet Iowa looked every bit their equal. A few good chances for Iowa to win those last 20 minutes. We are well coached. Good performance to help us stay top 25 this week.

And with a couple of Iowa girls on the roster!

I can tell you that I'm glad I no longer have to coach against Sofia Bush and Abby Warner (who has single handedly ended our season two of her four years at Pella).

I know nothing about soccer obviously so no overtime I guess? probably would put people in the hoispital if they did overtime!! pretty hot here, been 105 and 103 lately

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
And with a couple of Iowa girls on the roster!

I can tell you that I'm glad I no longer have to coach against Sofia Bush and Abby Warner (who has single handedly ended our season two of her four years at Pella).
Did you see Bush’s goal against Colorado College last weekend? WOW.

Also, here are the final stats in a really solid road draw. Outside backs and Enneking were excellent. Just one rebound given up and ZERO corners for Texas. Otto and Ingles with the best shots on goal too…

Reactions: billanole
Did you see Bush’s goal against Colorado College last weekend? WOW.

Also, here are the final stats in a really solid road draw. Outside backs and Enneking were excellent. Just one rebound given up and ZERO corners for Texas. Otto and Ingles with the best shots on goal too…

I would absolutely not have thought Texas had 19 shots. Must have been giving those out pretty liberally.

Either way, held one of the best scoring duos in the country to nothing.

I would absolutely not have thought Texas had 19 shots. Must have been giving those out pretty liberally.

Either way, held one of the best scoring duos in the country to nothing.
You don’t remember them because most were 20 yards out and about 20 feet over the bar. Not really serious threats.

I honestly don't even remember that! I could think of maybe 5 or 6... either way, not serious threats as you mentioned. Playing with 3 in the back as well.
Yeah, I’m almost positive a number of those were crosses snuffed out by our outside backs or snared by Enneking.

0-0 Final. Texas returns their entire starting lineup that was Big 12 Tournament Champions, and are picked favorites in the SEC this year. Return 97 percent of their goals and assists in the team, and have consecutive top 10 recruiting classes as substitutes. Yet Iowa looked every bit their equal. A few good chances for Iowa to win those last 20 minutes. We are well coached. Good performance to help us stay top 25 this week.

Meike Ingles was the best player on the field for either team. Back heels, nutmegs, and even an icy cold sombrero over an onrushing Longhorn attacker. She also had the best shot of the game, forcing a wonderful tipped save onto the crossbar from Texas’ record breaking, US Women’s Youth National Team goalkeeper.
Definitely well coached. If Dilani can’t win here, nobody can. His record pre-Iowa was Dan Gable-like.

Is Chloe LeCasse no longer a Hawkeye? Did she graduate or transfer??
Quite a while ago. She helped Arsenal win the English League Cup last season, scored a big goal for Canada in the Olympics, and just accepted a big money transfer to Utah Royals of the NWSL. Played her first NWSL match in a win last night.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT