ADVERTISEMENT

PSA - wear a mask to support college football

So the CDC and pretty much every doctor now says everyone should get their flu shot, so I fully expect the maskers to get their flu shots even if they never usually do. After all it is science and that's what they are now telling us to do. Do not tell me the flu shot does not work, science and doctors are telling us we need to get our flu shot this fall. So just do it!

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
And if you give it to someone else, too bad for them.

Was it okay back in the day to do the same with bad colds and regular flu? If someone is at risk and they are out and about the same held back in the day. If you are getting chemo a bad cold can kill you.

I was driving in my residential neighborhood last week and saw my DT Barnum loving neighbor getting his mail from the mailbox as I drove towards his house. I "punched it" and sped down the street as I approached. He turned and gave me an ugly look. I hit the brakes hard, stopped and asked what might be the problem. He asked something to the effect of "why the f--k was I driving so fast and what the f--k was my problem?"

I told him that I didn't like anyone mandating how fast I could drive and that, if he had a problem with it, maybe he should stay inside to stay safe and get his mail at midnight when hardly anyone is driving. Told him that neither he nor the government had any right to tell me how to drive my car. Asked him if there had been anyone killed in the neighborhood after getting hit by a car.
I have a neighbor with a Trump flag and a neighbor with a Biden sign. I don’t want to put anything up because my wife is worried it will get vandalized with all the political tensions. Thank god my neighbors still wave to each other when we get the mail like sane people and we don’t have assholes like you

I was driving in my residential neighborhood last week and saw my DT Barnum loving neighbor getting his mail from the mailbox as I drove towards his house. I "punched it" and sped down the street as I approached. He turned and gave me an ugly look. I hit the brakes hard, stopped and asked what might be the problem. He asked something to the effect of "why the f--k was I driving so fast and what the f--k was my problem?"

I told him that I didn't like anyone mandating how fast I could drive and that, if he had a problem with it, maybe he should stay inside to stay safe and get his mail at midnight when hardly anyone is driving. Told him that neither he nor the government had any right to tell me how to drive my car. Asked him if there had been anyone killed in the neighborhood after getting hit by a car.

Someone is gonna have leaky pockets in your driveway and lose some nails most likely.

If masks are the answer when we can’t social distance, then why can’t we have full capacity stadiums?????

Maybe duration of the proximity even with masks on. They say masks add time, so maybe you get 30 minutes instead of the 15 without masks.

I have a neighbor with a Trump flag and a neighbor with a Biden sign. I don’t want to put anything up because my wife is worried it will get vandalized with all the political tensions. Thank god my neighbors still wave to each other when we get the mail like sane people and we don’t have assholes like you

This is pretty funny. I know lots of people who support DT Barnum, including friends, business partners and clients. And I have productive and spirited conversations with them about politics. At the conclusion of our discussions, we continue to be friends, pursue the same business goals and/or they continue to hire me. As fate has it, I spent about an hour last night helping a different neighbor deal with some tree issues that are residual from the derecho. He's got both an Ernst and a DT Barnum sign in his yard.

The neighbor to whom I was referring is cut out of the Gym Jordan mold. Likes to lecture everyone and be the neighborhood "tough guy"/loud mouth.

I always find it ironic that the "government is tyrannical and bad" crowd are just fine with governmental actions that benefit them. Government only becomes "tyrannical" and "bad" when they disagree with governmental actions. They're the same type of people who claim that "it is my property, I can do what I want with it" but then lose their mind when the next door neighbors paint their house purple.

Exactly. Where exactly are people not wearing masks in public? Pretty much every business or where people are together at all requires masks. And no, if I'm walking outside 15 feet away from the nearest person I am not passing the virus to another person or getting it if not wearing a masks.
id say usage Cedar Rapids is 50/50-60/40, even in stores that "require" masks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT