ADVERTISEMENT

PSU game time - do we find out today?

Morehouse was speculating it would be today. I think OSU and Michigan are both off next week and Iowa - PSU is by far the best game.

I would bet on a prime time game.

Morehouse was speculating it would be today. I think OSU and Michigan are both off next week and Iowa - PSU is by far the best game.

I would bet on a prime time game.
There is no way Fox lets ABC take this game and possibly compete with their Prime Time World Series game.

I believe Fox will grab this game and use it as a lead in.

But, I’ve been wrong before;P

All the "in the know" sports media types expect a Fox World Series lead-in time slot.

Interesting....I wonder why Fox passed this up, or why ABC isn't using this as their night game. Only other game between ranked teams that week is Texas A&M at Mississippi State. Plus Georgia-Florida, which is already set for 2:30 on CBS.

2:30 is as good a time to start whoopin' on Nittany Lions as any. Lookin' forward to it. I wonder who will be in the booth and have the pleasure of explaining the Hawkeye victory to the nation?

Wisconsin at Northwestern at 11:00 AM that same day.

I don't necessarily expect Northwestern to win that game, but man, if they do... and somehow Iowa wins. Wow.

It would certainly set up an interesting game against NW; winner wins the West (possibly).

It would certainly set up an interesting game against NW; winner wins the West (possibly).

I had to go look. You're correct. They should beat Rutgers to go 4-1 in conference. Then if they beat Wisconsin they'd be 5-1 with games AT Iowa, AT Minnesota, and vs Illinois. That's crazy to think Northwestern could win the west at 8-1 with 3 non-con losses (assumes ND loss).

I had to go look. You're correct. They should beat Rutgers to go 4-1 in conference. Then if they beat Wisconsin they'd be 5-1 with games AT Iowa, AT Minnesota, and vs Illinois. That's crazy to think Northwestern could win the west at 8-1 with 3 non-con losses (assumes ND loss).

They would then proceed to get epicly crushed in the Big Ten title game by either Michigan or Ohio State.

NW isn’t winning the west. They will get their asses handed to them by Iowa and probably Wisconsin(unfortunately)

Reactions: ichawk24
Awesome, a 11:00 kick in Evanston for NW/Wisc is the best thing Iowa fans could hope for. It's like what night games are for Kinnick. Just something about them that makes it hard on the visiting opponents.

Awesome, a 11:00 kick in Evanston for NW/Wisc is the best thing Iowa fans could hope for. It's like what night games are for Kinnick. Just something about them that makes it hard on the visiting opponents.

The players are still used to playing in High School stadiums on Friday nights. It’s just awkward.

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
The players said they prefer to play early on Saturdays. There was an article somewhere about that just this past week about an 11am kickoff.

Interesting....I wonder why Fox passed this up, or why ABC isn't using this as their night game. Only other game between ranked teams that week is Texas A&M at Mississippi State. Plus Georgia-Florida, which is already set for 2:30 on CBS.

Any evidence to support that Fox "passed this game up?" Considering all B1G games that weekend, other than the IN-MN Friday nighter (FS1) and Neb-BC (BTN) are on ABC/ESPN networks, I doubt Fox had first choice. I agree that ABC/ESPN's choice of Prime Time games is strange (Texas A&M and Texas competing against each other, and possibly against the Astros in the World Series).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT