ADVERTISEMENT

PSU pbp

You could see how that Warner match was going to play out before it even started. Dean is tough on top but his best weapon at 197 is his gas tank. Warner is prone to gassing. Played out how i thought it would anyway. Not a good match for Warner or any 197 with tank issues.

Cass with a huge win. Thought he was going to stick him on the last takedown.
No Spencer just sucks. I think it’s funny that people thought Nick and Vito actually had a shot at him. He’s destroying everyone at his weight if healthy. He probabaly wins 133 too lol.

Reactions: Sett1997
Carter just wins close matches. He’s got ice water in his veins. You just aren’t going to beat him like that. Thought Kemerer was to conservative early on. Great match tho.
Pardon my boldness, but that is not the highest wrestling fan IQ statement. Kemerer, in actuality, DID beat him. Rivera blew the review. He was a whisker within winning. Therefore, you can beat him like that. The potential is indisputably there.

I agree he was way too conservative. I believe he has to do the Cory Clark thing with very strong guys. I bet his labrum his gone and he just can't pull ultra strong legs in, and looks for that merkle.

• Haha
Reactions: Ezcheez and Grip220
I get that you all hate Gilman. I do. But comments about what did he ever win..,, after a summer in which he won Olympic Bronze and World Gold? I have to believe at least some of you see the ridiculousness in that.
We get it brother, no class, no character, he's shown himself to be a dick.
Character is a big thing.

Gilman is a scumbag POS. The guy was a tool when he was here and glad to be rid of him. Ramos was at least a great Hawk who had some amazing moments on the mat.

PSUs horses wrestle awesome. It’s uncanny how much better their upper weights improve in that room. Nothing but respect for the Cael and Co. They’ve set the bar, and that’s a good thing! Awesome dual and environment tonight. That’s what it’s all about. Only thing that will stick is the horrible calls Kem got. Absolutely absurd. I realize we still would’ve lost the dual, and I would’ve accepted it just the same. But both guys deserved a legitimate outcome. Tragically neither were afforded it. Kem may have the best hips I’ve ever seen. The man is a magician when his opponents get in deep. So crazy to witness. Starocci is a phenomenal competitor and sportsman also. It’s too bad these 2 didn’t have a longer rivalry. Most exciting 2-1 match I’ve ever seen, but you’ll NEVER convince me that merk in OT wasn’t 2. The reserved call was criminal and insane.

I get that you all hate Gilman. I do. But comments about what did he ever win..,, after a summer in which he won Olympic Bronze and World Gold? I have to believe at least some of you see the ridiculousness in that.
Watered down gold. But bronze was legit. Think you’re barking up the wrong tree here considering the rumors ( from a good source) that Lee used to give Gilman the blues in the room when he was semi-healthy. Then Gilman, the turd he is(now), called him out when he knew he was hurt because Gilman was literally in the room and knew all that was going on with Lee’s injuries. I found a new respect for Gilman after the Olympics but don’t come on here acting like Gilman is some saint. He’s a hypocrite who called people traitors and they deserved charged with treason etc. etc. please. You can have him. I truly hope he stays at 57 so Spencer can embarrass him.

Disappointing but not unexpected. Good dual. Missed Ayala. (Missed Spencer.) Good to see Marinelli with some offense. Nice match by Cass.

As Tom said, we got beat on little things.

Yeah, Spencer is a nine point swing, and we would all be happy. Heck, Drake might have been a seven point swing and we would all be happy.

Reactions: Gusaford and Redm18
Yeah, Spencer is a nine point swing, and we would all be happy. Heck, Drake might have been a seven point swing and we would all be happy.
I think Spencer majored his ass with no ACLs at NCAA. 8 point swing or more with a semi healthy Spencer.

Pardon my boldness, but that is not the highest wrestling fan IQ statement. Kemerer, in actuality, DID beat him. Rivera blew the review. He was a whisker within winning. Therefore, you can beat him like that. The potential is indisputably there.

I agree he was way too conservative. I believe he has to do the Cory Clark thing with very strong guys. I bet his labrum his gone and he just can't pull ultra strong legs in, and looks for that merkle.
Hold the phone. You call into question a posters’ wrestling IQ, then proceed to explain it was the ref that screwed Kem out of a win? C’mon.

You mean the guy who could never win it all? Let's see if he has the balls to ever wrestle a healthy Lee.
Oh gosh…stupid take. He only won the World Championship last year, no?

You are correct though that he couldn’t win it all (when he was in the Iowa room)…I’ll give you that.

PS-Thomas was looking for Lee in the Olympic trials and he was a no show, so take your. “Gilman is afraid of Lee“ BS and shove it straight up you a$$. Maybe Iowa shouldn’t beat the crap out of their guys so much, so that MAYBE they can, one day, represent America.
Wish Spence was healthy, he would have abused Hilderbrandt.
12-0 last year with no ACLS.
Woulda coulda shoulda….waa waa waaaaa! Maybe if Iowa coaches would’ve had Spencer’s best interest in mind, they would have gotten him surgery when he needed it and not sacrificed his Olympic freestyle future just to win a title. Sad, really.

Tom and Terry really know how to beat up their guys and make them hate wrestling.

Good dual though!

Oh gosh…stupid take. He only won the World Championship last year, no?

You are correct though that he couldn’t win it all (when he was in the Iowa room)…I’ll give you that.

PS-Thomas was looking for Lee in the Olympic trials and he was a no show, so take your. “Gilman is afraid of Lee“ BS and shove it straight up you a$$. Maybe Iowa shouldn’t beat the crap out of their guys so much, so that MAYBE they can, one day, represent America.

Woulda coulda shoulda….waa waa waaaaa! Maybe if Iowa coaches would’ve had Spencer’s best interest in mind, they would have gotten him surgery when he needed it and not sacrificed his Olympic freestyle future just to win a title. Sad, really.

Tom and Terry really know how to beat up their guys and make them hate wrestling.

Good dual though!
Does Penn St. not have their own wrestling board for you to drool on? Ignore is proving to be a valuable function.

wtf are you talking about?
Believe it was Micic wrestling for another country that he chimed in on. And as already mentioned, Ramos. He’s a hypocrite, for sure. I think we all are to a certain extent but he’s made his very public. Gilman is an annoying little guy with a big mouth. I think he said that to get a rise out of people especially since he doesn’t wrestle for psu. He wrestles for NLWC. I don’t know. His college days were as a hawk and the “we are” is a psu thing. Seems tasteless but to each his own.

Reactions: johnyt9
ADVERTISEMENT