ADVERTISEMENT

Puerto Rico disaster aid found sitting in a warehouse

I read an article that said they were slowly giving out the supplies and the reason the remaining 80 pallets were still there was because the products had expired and they didn't want to hand them out after they were expired.

Either way it's pretty messed up. I'm sure it was a private stash for some high ranking officials in case things got really bad. Hopefully people can still use some of the stuff.

I read an article that said they were slowly giving out the supplies and the reason the remaining 80 pallets were still there was because the products had expired and they didn't want to hand them out after they were expired.

Either way it's pretty messed up. I'm sure it was a private stash for some high ranking officials in case things got really bad. Hopefully people can still use some of the stuff.

I suppose some things expired, but water has a pretty distant expiration date, and those left over rolls of paper towels that trump never used should still be alright if and when trump makes another visit there.

Since the aid in question was Javelin missiles we’ve told Ukraine they can’t use in their current war with Russia and they instead have to put them in warehouses in the Western part of the country, it’s horribly similar.
The most important thing about government ‘aid’ is that the check clears.
Of course anyone decrying Trump holding up a useless delivery that Obama wouldn't even allow is just a useful idiot for the MIC, but who cares as long as you can get in a partisan jab.
You are missing the issue.

It's not whether the authorization of military aid to Ukraine was good or bad. That's a debate for another thread. The military aid was authorized.

Nor is it whether presidents are allowed to twist the arms of foreign leaders. They are, and do.

The issue is whether this president is allowed to twist the arm of a foreign leader for personal, not national benefit.

That's the line this president crossed. And admitted.

All that's left is whether to remove him for office on the specified charges. Because the charges are correct. But they may not be considered "enough."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT