ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Doctor

destewart

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2001
Posted the following

I'd like to know who the people are in the medical community who are pushing against a start in the Big Ten. Are they even actively practicing medicine? At my private practice 2 miles north of OSU main campus, I have been seeing patients for 3 months with zero issues and almost no positive COVID patients, let alone symptomatic ones. (Though I am quite sure we come in contact with COVID+ patients on a daily basis).

No staff issues or positives even though they have numerous points of contact with patients a day. At the Columbus VA where I work full time with a population more 'at risk', we are running business as usual. This is in Columbus, an area that is considered a 'hot spot' in Ohio.

Now factor in that these teams plan to test frequently, catching all these youngsters who will likely be asymptomatic, which is more then the general public gets, this seems all the more silly. If the medical advisors are feeding the conference this info and still recommending not to play, I'd start the question the grasp of their knowledge on the subject.

I think it's comical at this point that they aren't playing, and this is coming from someone who closed my practice back in February because I believed the experts then, and was preparing for the worst. I am rooting for the SEC/ACC to be able to complete their season with the hope that the blow-back towards B10 administrators who botched this so poorly will cost people jobs. Certainly they should realize their medical advisors are a bit out of touch with people who are actively practicing.

Posted the following

I'd like to know who the people are in the medical community who are pushing against a start in the Big Ten. Are they even actively practicing medicine? At my private practice 2 miles north of OSU main campus, I have been seeing patients for 3 months with zero issues and almost no positive COVID patients, let alone symptomatic ones. (Though I am quite sure we come in contact with COVID+ patients on a daily basis).

No staff issues or positives even though they have numerous points of contact with patients a day. At the Columbus VA where I work full time with a population more 'at risk', we are running business as usual. This is in Columbus, an area that is considered a 'hot spot' in Ohio.

Now factor in that these teams plan to test frequently, catching all these youngsters who will likely be asymptomatic, which is more then the general public gets, this seems all the more silly. If the medical advisors are feeding the conference this info and still recommending not to play, I'd start the question the grasp of their knowledge on the subject.

I think it's comical at this point that they aren't playing, and this is coming from someone who closed my practice back in February because I believed the experts then, and was preparing for the worst. I am rooting for the SEC/ACC to be able to complete their season with the hope that the blow-back towards B10 administrators who botched this so poorly will cost people jobs. Certainly they should realize their medical advisors are a bit out of touch with people who are actively practicing.
Thanks for your take on things, good points. Two things are on my mind. 1) what about liability for the university if even one player gets Covid 19 and dies ? There have been youngsters in that age range nationwide that have died. Millions sought in liability by some pretty smart lawyers would be tough to overcome for any school. Second, what if a team has a dozen starters in quarantine for two weeks because of contact with a couple of positive teammates ? Would games be cancelled ? I certainly don't have any answers here, but all of your points are valid. I hate this damn virus !!

Thanks for your take on things, good points. Two things are on my mind. 1) what about liability for the university if even one player gets Covid 19 and dies ? There have been youngsters in that age range nationwide that have died. Millions sought in liability by some pretty smart lawyers would be tough to overcome for any school. Second, what if a team has a dozen starters in quarantine for two weeks because of contact with a couple of positive teammates ? Would games be cancelled ? I certainly don't have any answers here, but all of your points are valid. I hate this damn virus !!
All I know is that medical research confirmed that we should've been burning the bodies of Covid dead from the start, like I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS, because dead bodies can somehow still contract/carry the virus. (and obviously this is how the zombie apocalypse begins.......)

That's all I needed to hear from this whole pandemic.

Thy name is vindication..... :cool:

"Because I'm fine, it is safe to assume everyone else is fine."

No ability to see outside ones own bubble.
Nah, it's more like "Because I'm fine.......f*** everyone else. Stay away from me, and I'll continue to be fine......you should try it too, and see how it works. :)"

And of course, BAU, people (millions of them) chose not to follow that advice...........and people died.

You're welcome.

Reactions: DutchyFunStar
Nah, it's more like "Because I'm fine.......f*** everyone else. Stay away from me, and I'll continue to be fine......you should try it too, and see how it works. :)"

And of course, BAU, people (millions of them) chose not to follow that advice...........and people died.

You're welcome.

It's almost as if they have a big boat and don't care about the smaller boats around them...

Posted the following

Are you an epidemiologist? I'm assuming you are GP.

Also, isn't a bit misleading to project with confidence the observational findings at your clinic to the general population. If you found low incidents of allergies among patients visiting your clinic the past couple of months, could you confidently say that the state of Ohio or the Midwest have low incidents of allergies?

Finally, you state that it is obvious that the B10 medical advisers are out of touch with active practitioners. How do you know this? The members on the B10 Covid-19 task force or their contacts have not been disclosed, as far as I know. Moreover, their full medical and scientific findings have not been released.

You may be right. All I'm saying is that you seemed to a base conclusions on limited data and the basis to attack the B10 medical appears to be conjecture.

Last edited:
Reactions: cecilB
Why do you distinguish a player from a student? Is there a liability from any other student?

Reactions: doughuddl2
Not sure where you pulled this quote from but it is definitely not from the Purdue team doctor. She is employed full time by the university and does not work at a VA or work in a private practice a few miles away from Columbus. She also wouldn’t say anything remotely close to this. This sort of misinformation is dangerous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT