ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fans, state your case and make your pick

May 17, 2021
I’ve never met a Purdue fan I didn’t respect. Can’t say that for most B10 schools, and especially the big entitled programs.

humble, hardworking, impossible to hate.

tomorrow will be a great game.

I see Purdue favored only because iowa has had to play one more game on zero rest.

but iowa is on a roll and can run on fumes. The better rested bench will step up.

will be an epic game and great prep for ncaa. Both teams have all it takes to spread it out and take it to the hole and go deep in the tourney.

I can remember as a child in the ‘70s imagining a day when I might be directed to hate them. I’ve hated them for as long as I can remember now, all the way back to 2011.

Seriously, though, I do not expect to win tomorrow, but will be extremely happy and not totally surprised if we do. And if there’s one B1G team for us to lose to in the Tourney Championship game, let it be most hated rival Purdue. F*ck Wisconsin. F*ck Michigan State. F*ck Illinois. F*ck Indiana. F*ck Ohio State. I can’t say that about Painter and the Boilers.

I think it will be a great game…but I think Purdue has a chip on their shoulders from not getting a share of the regular season title. Plus it’s gonna be a pro Purdue crowd with one less game than game played and a much less emotional win. I’d expect Purdue to win for those reasons, but Iowa is damn good and more than capable of winning this game. I just think those factors will be too much to overcome… That said… I don’t want to play you again after this! Lol

I was watching the ESPN Gameday before the semifinals today and the question was which B1G team was best equipped for a FF run. The only team they thought that had any chance was Purdue. Apparently they don’t think much of the B1G, but after last year I suppose they have reason to be skeptical (even though Michigan did make it).

Oh, and it’s really really hard to beat the same team three times in the same season (assuming both are quality teams). Iowa’s due to beat the Boilers.

This is why I was hoping Sparty would have at least taken Purdue to a couple OT's to help wear them down a bit more and help level the playing field.

Reactions: Sheahawk
I think it will be a great game…but I think Purdue has a chip on their shoulders from not getting a share of the regular season title. Plus it’s gonna be a pro Purdue crowd with one less game than game played and a much less emotional win. I’d expect Purdue to win for those reasons, but Iowa is damn good and more than capable of winning this game. I just think those factors will be too much to overcome… That said… I don’t want to play you again after this! Lol
I would love to play them again in the Final Four. We played them in the NCAA consolation game in 1980 and lost. Joe Barry Carroll was their 7 footer that year.

Reactions: ChicagoBoiler78
I used to hate Rick Mount. He had the best running corner shot that I have ever seen. We really had some exciting games with him.

There were times today i thought we looked gassed. I can't see a 4th game in 4 days helping that at all. Purdue playing one less game is a big benefit.

Purdue is a team that is a match-up problem for Iowa. Most good teams have a big that causes problems, but once they leave the floor you can make hay; unfortunately Purdue's backup is better than the starter. Purdue also has athletic guards that can give Jordan issues getting a clean look. Ivey is the best guard in the league who can do it all...he'll get his no matter who is guarding him.

Purdue was the one team in the B1G tournament I wanted to avoid, I really wanted to end Illinois and Wisconsin's bid.

The one great thing about Iowa is we have a group of players that can go on a 15 point run in 5-6 possessions. We can shoot our way back into any game. That said, we need to start the game better than we did Friday and Saturday.

Go Hawks!

I was watching the ESPN Gameday before the semifinals today and the question was which B1G team was best equipped for a FF run. The only team they thought that had any chance was Purdue. Apparently they don’t think much of the B1G, but after last year I suppose they have reason to be skeptical (even though Michigan did make it).
CBS said iowa would win today because they're a possible final four team.

Secbs>secspn

I’ll take Purdue to win on a buzzer beater if only to get to achieve Francon 1 as he stomps off the court in defeat.
Fran is no more passionate than any other coach. That francon stuff was valid 10 years ago, but not in last few years.

but even 10 years ago hed only lose his cool when calls are consistently BS, so he defends his players.

somehow if Izzo does it, it’s allowed and kinda respected. So whatever.

two sets of brothers, one of them sons, and a third player (JBo) all grew up within five, twenty, and thirty minutes from the UofI. Not just local, but blood.

Family Business.

Reactions: nelly02
I’ll take Purdue to win on a buzzer beater if only to get to achieve Francon 1 as he stomps off the court in defeat.
OK guys, I'm not going to state my case because I'm working on one right now ( Founders All Day). I think Iowa wins it, your playing better right now and it's hard to beat a team 3X's. At least your not playing psu and their delightful fanbase to deal with. By the way, David Bell says "Hi".

• Haha
Reactions: The Tigerhawk
There were times today i thought we looked gassed. I can't see a 4th game in 4 days helping that at all. Purdue playing one less game is a big benefit.

Purdue is a team that is a match-up problem for Iowa. Most good teams have a big that causes problems, but once they leave the floor you can make hay; unfortunately Purdue's backup is better than the starter. Purdue also has athletic guards that can give Jordan issues getting a clean look. Ivey is the best guard in the league who can do it all...he'll get his no matter who is guarding him.

Purdue was the one team in the B1G tournament I wanted to avoid, I really wanted to end Illinois and Wisconsin's bid.

The one great thing about Iowa is we have a group of players that can go on a 15 point run in 5-6 possessions. We can shoot our way back into any game. That said, we need to start the game better than we did Friday and Saturday.

Go Hawks!

It's like you're thinking my thoughts.

Go Hawks!
Nailed it. Hoping for the best, expecting a runner up.

I have a great amount of respect for Purdue and their impressive history. I would really like to see the Big Ten step and arrange a ceremony to honor "The Rocket" Rick Mount, Purdue's great All-American, before the BTCG tomorrow. It's not too late and I'm sure Iowa would have no objections.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I like Purdue to win because Iowa has no answer for Purdue’s post players and Iowa is on its fourth game in four days. Game could go either way though. Should be a good one.

Reactions: Moral
I like Purdue to win because Iowa has no answer for Purdue’s post players and Iowa is on its fourth game in four days. Game could go either way though. Should be a good one.
But Purdue’s perimeter defense is doubleplusungood. And iowa sometimes makes 3pointers.

NeEFPHzeRGy_B2nsPX0OqqtJun1atcmJCjDj5GoBUVGCXYp9smtFGV_9vcp_cHFbrgrXHf9FmBSg60y_80u5u3iKs_zb0z9Uj0uwU-NVQhXO8a_YKFhrVbu70D8mZJ5p8E9I1TxvJhwC4YotISKU38NOMsc_txHpIFt4Ns9Pk5DS3Rpvn8dGbpyTvzWyCvF37JHTx76_n42NQ-D0iQZvpNDh1-Ju3cEjsA1Yq4qIxQy20ORbNeiY-jlcTfg0chwGgj-HnEnqGPqYPawUNcP6lPI8hWdUzudmlj5sbQpjGAgc8j3VlsptSGQWdSM0igCswvED6S6fq23ARYnlAA8JjkWuO7QYbf9Lvt2bJ1MQ3qKe7wzBsNO_X6Wyd4izJ6Zc-GrnqRqlEJ5ftj0IimczEqJ0AXjUCVoJcvsyOf2XaeINVJv4cquRgBU_qtfhck1YceeRLFbPYOMBAlYWQX16P35qhqBXGggwWU3xG88XsoVJlWeQ0MLDDCuwx65D3UkRd_i5xk-Fpq6xHgsHxHTXR-C8slmgQuoVHSAMOLqMiyxYz0QvElggFkP_9KOmrIIkIee85dDca5soWUOJDaZQj1IJ_WDCOLgn8-KZFtBdyX-EVVnsebkOzudsf_vSMfaBHSfMN4dUg76YDLLBWHS440K5Q_iKfoxT-_7c_DiH7g48x1l1YDSMfaaeeM-LIVvF08c1XKe3_lHuuBg99ZwvMZA=w514-h342-no

I think Edey gets his but it's another game our true 5 just can't play a lot in. I Williams worries me more. Physically, we have one dude who can bang with him and he's on the bench/ not ready for these games. Im Stefonovic will be red hot and Ivey is the fastest human dribbling.

So why do you guys lose games? I honestly mean all that stuff and think Purdue is great. Love Painter. I just think it is weird that Purdue hits these lulls.

I think you guys win because we are out of gas but we do have depth. It will be needed.

Oh, and it’s really really hard to beat the same team three times in the same season (assuming both are quality teams). Iowa’s due to beat the Boilers.

Statistically, this is not true. There was a study a few years ago that showed, over a 10 year period of time, that when teams met for a third time, when a team won the first two meetings they win the third 72% of the time.

OK guys, I'm not going to state my case because I'm working on one right now ( Founders All Day). I think Iowa wins it, your playing better right now and it's hard to beat a team 3X's. At least your not playing psu and their delightful fanbase to deal with. By the way, David Bell says "Hi".
There’s no chance of him suiting up today, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT