ADVERTISEMENT

****Purdue @ Iowa Game Thread****

Just allows more officiating bias is all
Spot on brother, that's why review was created in all sports.
How many times have you seen a review and it's plain as day and they call it the other way?
Gives them an opportunity to stop play and call it the way the big boys want.
I know, tinfoil hat.

Reactions: iahawks10
Most disappointing performance by an Iowa team in a very long time.

Zero grasp of what they needed to do to win that game.

Purdue kicked their ass on the boards 3 weeks ago came back and did the exact same fuking thing again.

I sure hope Fran gets huge on the guys for the Illinois game. Would be nice to go into the tournament on a positive note.

Don’t expect Iowa to show up with an ounce of emotion for an emotional game. This looked like the Chris Street game. And, with a limited number of high skill players, it becomes impossible when one can no longer score, dribble or pass. Looked like 9 guys on the floor.

The refs had little to do with this game.

Hard to play 3 or 4 on 5 and win in the B1G

Rebounding #1 reason for loss and zero recognition to box out allowing Bordeaux to get 14 boards.

Poor shooting also.

Wait. Redo the box score. Purdue just grabbed two more offensive rebounds.

How the hell is this not addressed?? Not a foul for 38 minutes then they all of the sudden can’t stop calling it
The game is pretty much over. Calling itnow
I really don't understand it.

Does anyone in charge of the officials notice this?
they do but don’t care. Officiating has been bad forever. The really bad officials get rewarded with tournament games. TeddyV, Mike Eades, Bo Boroski, and quite a few others are considered great officials by the NCAA.

Interesting to watch opposing teams leave Garza alone at the three stripe. Why not play tighter or close out faster? Have we seen Luka take anybody off the bounce from the three line all year? Dude is money from outside.

The only positive is Garza getting his numbers for points and boards.

B1G POY - YUP

1st TEAM ALL AMERICAN - YUP

NAISMITH winner - in the running

Purdue kicked their ass on the boards 3 weeks ago came back and did the exact same fuking thing again.
Coaches must have short memories. Maybe work on things your team had been struggling with in practice. Like blocking out. Hustle is heart so that’s on the players.

However. quite a few of those rebounds were long rebounds off of missed 3’s where ball went right to a Purdue player.

Taking it a bit to far don’t ya think?

Yes, I probably am. Very frustrated. I just wish Joe W would toughen up. Isn't just his lack of offensive production these last handful of games; it's just that he never seems to mix it up, get on the floor, grab that 50/50 ball. I'm clearly not the only that has expressed this sentiment.

Apologies to Joe though, stepped over the line there probably,

Yes, I probably am. Very frustrated. I just wish Joe W would toughen up. Isn't just his lack of offensive production these last handful of games; it's just that he never seems to mix it up, get on the floor, grab that 50/50 ball. I'm clearly not the only that has expressed this sentiment.

Apologies to Joe though, stepped over the line there probably,
You're not wrong - Weiskamp has a lot of growing and improving to do. Certainly needs to get physically stronger.

senior day, at home where you haven't lost a conference home game all year against a team that kicked your ass last time you played them and this is the first half effort you play with.....ugh

this

clearly we didn’t learn anything from the last game against PU

Iowa's last 4 meetings against Purdue:

--Trailed by as many as 21 (home)
--Trailed by as many as 39 (road)
--Trailed by as many as 26 (road)
--Trailed by as many as 37 (home)

Reactions: EdwardElric

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT