ADVERTISEMENT

****Purdue vs Iowa Game Thread****

I’m just glad to see more of you realizing the problem is Fran. He’s terrible at his job.

Fran has a core following.....he is average....never been to sweet16 in 37 years.. so odds are it will never happen. .Just about anyone get a .500 ball in B1G at Iowa....Alford did it and he was terribe...Davis did it,..somehow he has convinced Iowa fan base he is knocking the ball out of the park,

I think it is unethical to play your two kids over better players..you owe the other players the same opportunity to play based o production and merit. Clearly Kris Murray did not play last year because he would have shown up PMAC and CMAC.

JBO clearly is playing and doesn;t deserve as many minutes as he gets.

Fran showing once again that he has absolutely no clue how to assemble a team. Perkins, Ulis, and Connor are not p5 players. Josh will be no better next year and at this point is a bust. 2.9 million for this?

Reactions: Pepperman
Final: 83-73. Iowa just dug a hole and couldn't ever get over the hump. Iowa shot 38% for the game and Purdue shot 61%. Boilers shot 13-22 from three and 10-22 from the free throw3 line. Crazy. Kris Murray led Iowa with 23 points and 5 rebounds. Keegan Murray with 14 points and 9 rebounds. Purdue with 21 assists and Iowa with just 10.

Welp, yet another game where we play defense 3ft inside the 3pt line.
Nah.

Purdue has the size to skip the ball around against our defense and make close outs tougher.

But more importantly than that, when you're an undersized team needing to double on Edey to keep him from dominating inside, that's gonna leave guys open outside.............then refer back to their length and ability to move the ball on top of that.

Tonight they were locked on and hit their shots.

They won't hit those exact same shots against anyone else. And yes I'm talking about the exact same wide open uncontested shots that they WILL get.

Nobody else, will they shoot that well against.

Just food for thought to bring you off the ledge........did it work? :cool:

Final: 83-73. Iowa just dug a hole and couldn't ever get over the hump. Iowa shot 38% for the game and Purdue shot 61%. Boilers shot 13-22 from three and 10-22 from the free throw3 line. Crazy. Kris Murray led Iowa with 23 points and 5 rebounds. Keegan Murray with 14 points and 9 rebounds. Purdue with 21 assists and Iowa with just 10.
Gonna ask Fran any hard questions?

Joe t gone again during span why?
Joe got a brief break during the second half then came out again after running into a screen and got the wind knocked out of him. I didn’t think his minute distribution was problematic personally

Reactions: Moral
Unfortunately this is true right now. I was really hoping Perkins or Ulis would improve a lot more like we've seen Kris take a big step forward this year.
They need to play to get better. Its one thing if Jbo and cmac were playing good, but theyre not... at all. Wtf do we have to lose??? It is sooooo farking frustrating

Nah.

Purdue has the size to skip the ball around against our defense and make close outs tougher.

But more importantly than that, when you're an undersized team needing to double on Edey to keep him from dominating inside, that's gonna leave guys open outside.............then refer back to their length and ability to move the ball on top of that.

Tonight they were locked on and hit their shots.

They won't hit those exact same shots against anyone else. And yes I'm talking about the exact same wide open uncontested shots that they WILL get.

Nobody else, will they shoot that well against.

Just food for thought to bring you off the ledge........did it work? :cool:
Seems to always happen at Carver

I'm with others who talk about Fran fatigue. But it's more than that. It's Iowa basketball fatigue.

One sweet 16 since 1988. None since the turn of the millennium. With each passing year that drought grows, my apathy takes a little bit firmer hold.

I'm totally jaded.

Ulis is really struggling.
Because he’s stuck in a bad rotation. I know it’s me again beating the dead horse but if he and Joe are on the court together I really think we could emerge. JBO and Connor can keep stats and get water with Ash. Play Sandfort more. Start Ulis, Joe, Murray’s and Patrick or Perkins. Do something different! Heck run Petris out there, he’s got some offensive game!!

At least it was entertaining for part of the second half when they cut it to 5.

It's looking like keeping it close against a good team is their peak.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
ADVERTISEMENT