ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue with the shade

The thread is all about Purdue throwing CJ’s stats at us, so yeah the conversation is going to be about said stats. There are numerous other threads on the board discussing Iowa’s win and our offensive woes. If you don’t care to discuss maybe just peruse some of the other threads

Wow. That's quite a take. Then I guess it said a lot about Nick Saban when he left his brothers at LSU to join a rival (Alabama). And every other coach who's done the same thing in pursuit of the mighty dollar.

It's been explained and explained and explained, but I'm willing to spell it out for you and your buddies one more time:
Charlie Jones gave the Iowa staff spring practice to show him there would be a real QB competition and that there would be significant improvements to the passing game. Iowa showed none of those things, so even though Charlie would have preferred to stay in Iowa City, doing so would have meant wasting one more season, his final collegiate opportunity to develop his skills and give himself the best possible shot at a spot in the NFL.

So Charlie Jones did what anyone with a brain would have done. He joined a program that has a 21st century offense led by a QB that he grew up catching passes from. And after only one game, Charlie has shown what a great decision he made.

And for those who continually harp on Purdue losing to Penn State, get a grip. PU didn't lose because of Charlie. Meanwhile, Iowa's offense couldn't score against an FCS team, and Iowa's QB didn't pass any better than he ever has. If Charlie had suited up for Iowa vs. SDSU, he would have had zero catches for zero yards and zero TDs. But why oh why did he leave the mighty Hawkeyes?

LOL LOL LOL
And you have directly from Charlie, or are you just making it up?

Reactions: BDJHawk
He's got plenty of opportunities remaining for highlighting his skills AND to be a part of team wins.
Charlie made a good call. Time to let it go.
Absolutely. And that goes for Purdue even posting that. I hope we shove it up their A-- when we play them......

Can’t really blame them. And good for Charlie.

Very telling stats. Looks clear that Jones made the right move if he wants to have fun catching passes.

I like the Purdue QB McConnell....he's what KF/BF should aspire to recruit if they are going for QBs with so-so mobility...except Brohm knows offense and gets a lot more out of guys than BF/KF do.

Coaches dont live with the players. They dont wake up at 6am to squat and hang clean with the boys. They dont eat every meal or do every rep on the practice field. Big difference compared to the brotherhood of your peers.

Idgaf if he transfers to Purdue in January or transfers to Utah after the spring. But an intra divison transfer after spring ball? Once a hawk, never a hawk for that guy. And LOL at it being a business decision. The NFL will find you in NAIA if you can play.
He probably saw the lack of improvement and was like, eff it

I hate our most hated rival so much!

I think that Charlie Jones made a big statement. It's not the receivers fault that we don't have a good offense. I think he put a lot of pressure on Brian with that game. He pointed the finger in his direction and said you suck, and I'm about to prove it! Then he did.

Wow. That's quite a take. Then I guess it said a lot about Nick Saban when he left his brothers at LSU to join a rival (Alabama). And every other coach who's done the same thing in pursuit of the mighty dollar.

It's been explained and explained and explained, but I'm willing to spell it out for you and your buddies one more time:
Charlie Jones gave the Iowa staff spring practice to show him there would be a real QB competition and that there would be significant improvements to the passing game. Iowa showed none of those things, so even though Charlie would have preferred to stay in Iowa City, doing so would have meant wasting one more season, his final collegiate opportunity to develop his skills and give himself the best possible shot at a spot in the NFL.

So Charlie Jones did what anyone with a brain would have done. He joined a program that has a 21st century offense led by a QB that he grew up catching passes from. And after only one game, Charlie has shown what a great decision he made.

And for those who continually harp on Purdue losing to Penn State, get a grip. PU didn't lose because of Charlie. Meanwhile, Iowa's offense couldn't score against an FCS team, and Iowa's QB didn't pass any better than he ever has. If Charlie had suited up for Iowa vs. SDSU, he would have had zero catches for zero yards and zero TDs. But why oh why did he leave the mighty Hawkeyes?

LOL LOL LOL
We're 1-0 and he's 0-1 that's all that needs to be said. **** Chucky.

What's Brohm got against Kirk and the Hawkeyes? Seems like he's got a hard on for us.

Wish Iowa could sign guys like this who can get open.

Our receivers never get open because it's Iowa and we have a bunch of slow unathletic white guys or so I'm told.

Scheme obviously doesn't matter.

I hate that we often get beat by Purdue.. that’s just irritating… Nothing more irritating than losing to Purdue and North freaking Western… 😒

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT