ADVERTISEMENT

Purdy to Kittle

so, then does SF have to play the to seed Philly next week? that is how I interpreted what I saw, but it seems a bit nonsensical. didn't think they were seededthat way.

so, then does SF have to play the to seed Philly next week? that is how I interpreted what I saw, but it seems a bit nonsensical. didn't think they were seededthat way.

Philly will get the lowest seed that survives this weekend. SF will get the next lowest. Both will have home games.

Purdy looks like Mahomes. Lol
Super inpressive the poise he is playing with. Looks like a veteran.

4 TDs today. He's 6-0 as an NFL starter. Looks like he's keeping the game ball; selfish bastard. ;)

He's been making some really impressive throws

His overall stats today? Wow.

18-30 (60%)
332 yards (11.1 yards/attempt)
3 Passing TDs
1 Rushing TD
0 INTs

the 49'ers will be favored at home next weekend

will they be hosting the NFC Championship game, too, or will they be in Philadelphia?

Last edited:
Philly will get the lowest seed that survives this weekend. SF will get the next lowest. Both will have home games.
As a 49ers fan, I guess I'm going for the Vikings. I think I would rather play them than the Cowboys. But don't think I've watched the Cowboys since Thanksgiving, so I really don't know how well they are playing.

As a 49ers fan, I guess I'm going for the Vikings. I think I would rather play them than the Cowboys. But don't think I've watched the Cowboys since Thanksgiving, so I really don't know how well they are playing.

You guys have the best roster in the NFL. It is yours to lose.

Super impressive the poise he is playing with. Looks like a veteran.

As a Seahawks fan this pains me.
But you have Fant I believe
You guys have the best roster in the NFL. It is yours to lose.

So, who you got in the Super Bowl?

I think its gonna be KC and Philly.....

So, who you got in the Super Bowl?

I think its gonna be KC and Philly.....
I'm going with Buffalo vs San Fran -- Fran.
Hard to bet against you. 😀
As I go against your picks...just noticed that. I'm not the brightest bulb sometimes. 🤣🤣
Obviously I was talking about the name Fran-Fran.
Then noticed the oxymoron. Lol

It seems like Buffalo, KC, Philly, and SF are a level above everyone else. Buffalo and SF have the most reliable defenses. The first three have QBs that can beat you even when you do everything right, and SF has three dudes that create mismatches and Aiyuk is pretty good too.

So of course at least two of those teams will be eliminated in the next two weeks. Winning in the NFL is hard.

Reactions: Franisdaman
It seems like Buffalo, KC, Philly, and SF are a level above everyone else. Buffalo and SF have the most reliable defenses. The first three have QBs that can beat you even when you do everything right, and SF has three dudes that create mismatches and Aiyuk is pretty good too.

So of course at least two of those teams will be eliminated in the next two weeks. Winning in the NFL is hard.
Freaking Purdy looks like he can beat you too. Lol
I keep thinking he's going to look like a rook, so far hasn't happened. Brady fell into the same situation for those that don't know. He wasn't a rookie though. Bledsoe went down and Brady took them to the Superbowl and won.
Obviously we know what Brady went on to do.
The situation is almost identical.
No, I'm not saying Purdy is Brady.

Super impressive the poise he is playing with. Looks like a veteran.
Reminds me of Brady when he got his start. Took over for the veteran(name escapes) and led the team to the SB. He is surrounded by playmakers which really helps. But he plays with such poise.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Doesn't matter who you get. They both have history of ****ing up in the playoffs. Vikings may be the worst.

It seems like on offense, San Fran has a lot going for it:

* An OL that finally is holding up (CJ Beathard got killed)
* Plenty of weapons at RB, WR and TE
* A pretty accurate, 3rd string QB

But Brock better hold up not just mentally, buy physically. Not sure who their 4th string is ;)

It's hard to bet against Mahomes & the Chiefs have home field advantage, but damn, he, Allen and Burrows are fun to watch.

Freaking Purdy looks like he can beat you too. Lol
I keep thinking he's going to look like a rook, so far hasn't happened. Brady fell into the same situation for those that don't know. He wasn't a rookie though. Bledsoe went down and Brady took them to the Superbowl and won.
Obviously we know what Brady went on to do.
The situation is almost identical.
No, I'm not saying Purdy is Brady.

Shanahan has an eye for QB talent and he's a helluva offensive coach. His play calling has gotten really good over the years after the disastrous Super Bowl (when he was OC and Atlanta blew a 25 point lead).

He's got a lot of play makers on offense and the San Fran D is really, really good.

Doesn't matter who you get. They both have history of ****ing up in the playoffs. Vikings may be the worst.

The Vikings have existed for 62 years. Ten times they have been one of the "final 4" teams in the playoffs. You'd think they'd have won a Super Bowl by now.

10 NFC Championship Game Appearances:

4 Super Bowl appearances, all losses:

The Vikings have existed for 62 years. Ten times they have been one of the "final 4" teams in the playoffs. You'd think they'd have won a Super Bowl by now.

10 NFC Championship Game Appearances:

4 Super Bowl appearances, all losses:
Ah yes, The days of the "Purple people eater defense" in Minny. So what does that say about the legasy of QB's who don't WIN the big game? People say it defines your career. Yet Jim Kelly, and Fran Tarkington (both HOF QB's), we're in the big game for 3 or 4 straights years each and NEVER won even once. Interesting...

FmeNyyAWIAwJVRS

Ah yes, The days of the "Purple people eater defense" in Minny. So what does that say about the legasy of QB's who don't WIN the big game? People say it defines your career. Yet Jim Kelly, and Fran Tarkington (both HOF QB's), we're in the big game for 3 or 4 straights years each and NEVER won even once. Interesting...

To be on the voting ballot for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, a player must be inactive or retired for at least 5 years.

Losing all 4 Super Bowls hurt the Vikings when it came to Hall of Fame voting. One example of many was Tarkenton; he retired in 1978 but was not elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame until 1986. He should have been a first ballot, imo.

Not to knock on the outcome of the game but thought Purdy made some bad choices here and there. Missed a wide open td right off the bat and threw the ball way to late. Missed Devo? on a wide open pass play and went deep instead. Almost a pick. Pretty good though all around. Kittle likes him so that's goid enough for me.

John Elway also had alot of futility.

John Elway also had alot of futility.
True, but he didn't play in (and lose) four super bowls. Just interesting.....For a long time P Manning got a lot of grief for never winning the BIG games. Of course he finally did win two, (although he didn't have really great games in the SB). He did carry both Indy and Denver most of the season though.....Look at both teams since he left....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT