ADVERTISEMENT

Put up or shut up

IMO, I think the time to "put up or shut up" ship should be sailing right now. That ship should float to another destination....and a new, young upcoming OC should be installed.

Also...unless we land 2 high caliber lineman from the portal....I wouldn't count on the O Line being "much better".

IMO, I think the time to "put up or shut up" ship should be sailing right now. That ship should float to another destination....and a new, young upcoming OC should be installed.

Also...unless we land 2 high caliber lineman from the portal....I wouldn't count on the O Line being "much better".
Yeah cause getting 3 guys back from injury, 2 who were starters, won't help...jfc some of you have 0 clue.

McNamara will be the 2nd best QB in the B1G. O-line will be much better. RB's and TE's could have elite starters with quality depth. WR still a ?. I have supported Brian past couple of years. No excuses for mediocre play. If next year is not good. Time for changes.
Just remember who the AD is. Brian should have been gone last year. Average Total Offense Ranking over the last seven years is 110. Six years of BF and one GD year. And, KF had done nothing to fix it. Stated at the end of last season the primary focus would be to improve the offense. End result: 123 (‘21) to 130 (‘22). McNamara a nice addition. As stated a 1,000x on this board, KF’s Offensive Philosophy and his OC are the major issues. Watching McNamara highlights, the vast majority of his snaps were taken in the shotgun.

Yeah cause getting 3 guys back from injury, 2 who were starters, won't help...jfc some of you have 0 clue.
Average Total Offense Rank of 110 over the last seven years is obviously acceptable to you and yet you rail on hawkisoaker because he maybe finds it not acceptable. He, nor I, was the OC during this seven year span. Name one college football program outside of Iowa that would allow the offense to be this pathetically poor for three years let alone seven years.

Easy there bedwetter....you are making some assumptions there. Who says we are getting all 3 back? You must have some insider info. Please tell.

Even if you are correct, which is doubtful....I wouldn't count on seeing the kind of improvement needed on the O line without getting help from the portal. You want a truly good Big Ten O lIne...you better have 6 or 7 good O Lineman available...not 1 or 2.

There you go....there's your "clue".

Not sure I'm on board saying our O line will be a lot better. I've not seen anything that makes me feel that way. We're bringing in a huge recruit (presumably), but even a 5* isn't likely to be an impact player as a true freshman.

I'm assuming QB will be a huge upgrade, but he still needs receivers, protection and a decent running game to be successful. After this year and our portal losses, I feel like the offense is still in rebuild mode.

Just remember who the AD is. Brian should have been gone last year. Average Total Offense Ranking over the last seven years is 110. Six years of BF and one GD year. And, KF had done nothing to fix it. Stated at the end of last season the primary focus would be to improve the offense. End result: 123 (‘21) to 130 (‘22). McNamara a nice addition. As stated a 1,000x on this board, KF’s Offensive Philosophy and his OC are the major issues. Watching McNamara highlights, the vast majority of his snaps were taken in the shotgun.
"nice" bahahahahahahahahaha

McNamara will be the 2nd best QB in the B1G. O-line will be much better. RB's and TE's could have elite starters with quality depth. WR still a ?. I have supported Brian past couple of years. No excuses for mediocre play. If next year is not good. Time for changes.
It was time 2 years ago.

Reactions: hawkeye54545

Define “good”.

I wish I had 7 or so years in my gig before the put up or shut up demands came
I can't imagine the pressure of having zero expectations for your performance while collecting $900k/year over a 6-year period. How can Bri handle the daily grind of life? He's got a family to feed and future to think about. He might have to consider that government housing thing again...

How many years should one get and fail miserably. First off all, he shouldn't have ever been an OC. He's a freakn online coach calling plays. How many schools do that? None for good reason.

Easy there bedwetter....you are making some assumptions there. Who says we are getting all 3 back? You must have some insider info. Please tell.

Even if you are correct, which is doubtful....I wouldn't count on seeing the kind of improvement needed on the O line without getting help from the portal. You want a truly good Big Ten O lIne...you better have 6 or 7 good O Lineman available...not 1 or 2.

There you go....there's your "clue".
You have to remember Mr. Soaker is one of the ranking members of the Sunshine Club.

Will be AMAZING when we have a QB that is accurate and gets the ball out much faster. Will make the OL look even better just doing those two things.
McNamara had a 64% completion rate behind a great O-line with very good receivers. He may not do that well here. Besides, 64% ain't all that great.

• Wow
Reactions: HIWILLE
You have to remember Mr. Soaker is one of the ranking members of the Sunshine Club.
And don't ever disagree or he will call you an "idiot".

But really...he should instead join the "Hawkeye Report for football experts" where he can converse with people that are on his same level. It would be best for all

Reactions: 83Hawk
Yes, and both will be IR all-stars again in 2023
If you’re frustrated with their injury history, imagine how they feel. They are busting their butts to get back on the field and the least they should expect is our support.

McNamara had a 64% completion rate behind a great O-line with very good receivers. He may not do that well here. Besides, 64% ain't all that great.
Tom Brady's NFL career completion % is right around 64%.
There were 43 college quarterbacks above 64% this season. 43.

We haven’t had a 60% passer siiiiince when? Beathard one of his seasons? There were like 77 guys over 60% in ‘22.

We’ve got to get this sh*t figured out somehow.

ADVERTISEMENT