ADVERTISEMENT

Putin Murders a Major Opponent

Originally posted by YellowSnow51:
I agree. The cons should be on here ripping Snowden for choosing Putin over Obama. Especially considering the fact that if Snowden decides to "come out", Putin will most likely have him arrested. How long before Putin takes him out?
What does Snowden have on Putin? Supposedly he has some files Putin would like. That's about it. Snowden's value is as a PR weapon against the US. If he decided to leave I think Putin would let him walk. As long as he leaves every bit of hardware and memory device behind when he goes through customs, that is.

Nat has become very OiT like :) I did notice there is a lot of pro Putin propaganda on the Net when you search for info. Obama may have continued the disastrous policies of Bush Jr but don't think he has actually invaded anyone new. Drone strikes don't count - especially in and around the Middle East where countries are just lines drawn on a map after WW1
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by h-hawk:
Nat has become very OiT like :) I did notice there is a lot of pro Putin propaganda on the Net when you search for info. Obama may have continued the disastrous policies of Bush Jr but don't think he has actually invaded anyone new. Drone strikes don't count - especially in and around the Middle East where countries are just lines drawn on a map after WW1
3dgrin.r191677.gif
And you have become very CIA like...ie, smear your opponent to deflect. You start off a thread saying Putin murdered a major opponent, but offer no proof. Our media has not offered proof either. They all came out in unison asserting Putin's guilt BEFORE an investigation could be conducted. False flag maybe? Our government has been known to do it in the past.

I am not a fan of Putin in the least. After all, he's a government thug who achieves his goals by coercion. No different from Obombya. The site you refer, but, fail to mention is Washington's Blog. They actually have investigative journalists that do not parrot the company line that is fed to them by our CIA. I have shown you evidence of this before.

Drone strikes DO COUNT. What Orwellian world are you living in? If we are thousands of miles away and bombing another country, in your world, the U.S. is not the aggressor. Unbelievable. Anyway, here is a list of the countries O-bomb-ya violated:

Lizza says Obama has bombed more nations than Bush

By Jon Greenberg on Thursday, September 25th, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.

The guided-missile destroyer USS Arleigh Burke (DDG 51) launches Tomahawk cruise missiles on Tuesday, Sept. 23 ,2014, from the Red Sea against Islamic State group targets in Syria. (AP/U.S. Navy)
The irony of President Barack Obama, Nobel Prize winner and putative anti-war candidate, launching extensive airstrikes in Syria, quickly led to comparisons with his predecessor, President George W. Bush.

Ryan Lizza, Washington correspondent for the New Yorker summed it up in one tweet.

"Countries bombed: Obama 7, Bush 4."

We asked Lizza for his list and he sent us this:

Bush: Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and Somalia.

Obama: Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and Syria.

As we fact-checked Lizza's statement, we found little reason to challenge the nations he named. If anything, he shortchanged both presidents.

There is no dispute whatsoever about airstrikes in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan. Bush launched wars in the first two countries and drone strikes in Pakistan have been in the news for a long time, with or without official acknowledgment. Airstrikes in those places continued under Obama.

Somalia falls largely in the same category as Pakistan. The New York Times, BBC News and other news organizations reported airstrikes as early as 2007 against people linked to the al-Qaida network.

The Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a nonprofit news service based at City University London, maintains a running list of U.S. military actions in a number of countries, including Somalia and Yemen. The bureau annotates each incident with links to press reports. By its tally, American drone strikes against suspected terrorists in Somalia occurred under both Bush and Obama.

The same pattern holds in Yemen. BBC News and Time magazine reported a CIA-directed drone attack in Yemen in 2002. This would increase Bush's total to five countries, rather than the four Lizza cited. Lizza said he left Yemen off of Bush's list because it was a "one-off strike, rather than a more sustained bombing campaign. Probably deserves an asterisk."

The air attacks on Libya that helped topple Moammar Gadhafi in 2011 under Obama are well documented. In March 2011, the United States and British warships fired over 100 cruise missiles to destroy Libyan air defenses. And, of course, there's now Syria.

We might stop there but it is possible that the Philippines should be added to the rosters for both presidents.

The New York Times cites "three current and former intelligence officials" as saying that drones fired Hellfire missiles at a suspected militant camp in the Philippines in 2006. And Akbar Ahmed, a professor at the American University School of International Service, wrote on the Brookings Institution website that a similar attack took place in 2012.

If these reports are accurate, the totals for Bush and Obama would rise by one. The final, maximum number would be Bush 6: Obama 8.

PunditFact cannot confirm the authenticity of these reports.

This framework says little about the nature of each president's air campaigns. According to Air Force data, the number of munitions dropped in Afghanistan and Iraq declined about 35 percent between 2007 under Bush and 2009 under Obama (adjusted for missing data in 2009). However in Afghanistan, the number of sorties with at least one weapon release and the number of munitions used rose in 2010 and 2011 before falling in 2012, according to Air Force data. The number of weapon releases fell greatly in 2013.

The country tally also tells us nothing about the general military strategy under each president. Bush initiated the war in Iraq, while Obama was elected on the promise to end it.

Our ruling

Lizza said that Obama has bombed seven countries to Bush's four. Depending on your view of Bush's reported drone strike into Yemen, he may have slightly undercounted Bush's tally. Both presidents also may have bombed the Philippines.

But it's hard to fault Lizza for the numbers we use.

We rate his claim True.

link

I guess you will not consider the U.S. the aggressor here as well. See video link attached to hear General Wesley Clark discuss how the U.S. was planning on going into 7 countries in 5 years. I'm sure you'll blame Putin.

video link

Originally posted by Nat Algren:
President Barack Obama called on Russia's government to perform a "prompt, impartial and transparent" investigation to bring the perpetrators to justice. Obama called Nemtsov a "tireless advocate" for the rights of Russian citizens.

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko called Nemtsov a personal friend and a "bridge" between the two countries. He said on his Facebook that he hopes the killers will be punished.

Reading this leads me to believe that the west has its fingerprints all over this. Obama is not being diplomatic here and should keep his yap shut. This is none of his business. Then his newly appointed puppet in Ukraine chimes in as well. They are stirring up trouble in Russia.
And yet you're the one accusing other posters of posting things with "no proof".

Where is the evidence that Putin sanctioned this hit? I smell a rat. Sounds like the CIA/media is trying to whip up Boobus Americanus into a frenzy demanding a war with Russia.
Another example.

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:
President Barack Obama called on Russia's government to perform a "prompt, impartial and transparent" investigation to bring the perpetrators to justice. Obama called Nemtsov a "tireless advocate" for the rights of Russian citizens.

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko called Nemtsov a personal friend and a "bridge" between the two countries. He said on his Facebook that he hopes the killers will be punished.

Reading this leads me to believe that the west has its fingerprints all over this. Obama is not being diplomatic here and should keep his yap shut. This is none of his business. Then his newly appointed puppet in Ukraine chimes in as well. They are stirring up trouble in Russia.
And yet you're the one accusing other posters of posting things with "no proof".
Don't get all puffy with what you think is an 'I gotcha' moment. Prior to the 1st sentence in bold, I said "leads me to believe". It's an opinion and I stated why I thought so. As for the 2nd sentence you underlined in bold, I had illustrated before with clarity, and there can be no misunderstanding, that the U.S. organized and overthrew the legitimate government in Ukraine in a coup de tat.

Funny how you did not challenge the OP, who had stated in his subject line with absolute certainty, that Putin murdered a major opponent. That is not based in fact at all.

Originally posted by What W...us Do?:
Remember when a lot of people - especially cons - were saying they wished Obama could be more like Putin?

That Putin, he doesn't eff around.  He's looking at you next, Yats.
I do not recall a con ever saying that.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Two Chechen's are under suspicion of the attack. How convenient.

Originally posted by aflachawk:
Remember when a lot of people - especially cons - were saying they wished Obama could be more like Putin?

That Putin, he doesn't eff around. He's looking at you next, Yats.
I do, on multiple occasions. Ask Habah and bleeder.

Time has an interesting story on the Putin propaganda machine. It appears to be fairly successful but then as Goebbels said, if you lie often enough it becomes the truth.

"Thus began the latest marathon of spin from the Kremlin's most
sophisticated propaganda machine, beamed out in a variety of
languages-including English, Spanish and Arabic-to the potential
audience of 700 million people that RT (formerly Russia Today) claims to
reach in more than 100 countries. In the hours after the shooting, RT
anchors and pundits cast the killing variously as a "huge gift to Putin
haters"; possibly the work of "foreign assassins" to provide a
"beautiful propaganda shot" for Western officials and media; and,
repeating Peskov's line, "a provocation against the Russian government."

Time on RT

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

Originally posted by aflachawk:

That Putin, he doesn't eff around. He's looking at you next, Yats.
I do, on multiple occasions. Ask Habah and bleeder.
Ask Rudy Guiliani. He was positively weak in the knees for Putin.

Time capsule where nothing is different, natural and BAB call people out, rocket and RC still idiots. 86Hawkeye used to want evidence it seems.

Whatever happened to Slieb? I remember SP used to get under his skin.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I remember Romney telling the United States on National TV that Russia was America’s number one geopolitical threat and Obama disagreeing and laughing at him like a little bitch. Lemming Democrats nodded their heads and followed whatever their God-man Obama told them.

Obama’s arrogance allowed Russia to influence our 2016 elections you dimwits. He did not do enough to stop it, clearly.

Thank you for your contribution, comrade.
What isn't true? Who has Putin aggressed against? Yet, you sit there like a good little lamb as we support that stalwart of freedom, Saudi Arabia. The country that provided 15 of the 19 9/11 perps. The country that we aid in the genocide of Yemen, while you sit by, stupid as ever. The country that FINALLY allows women to drive. How liberal of them. The country that beheads its 'subjects' regularly. You support the apartheid state of Israel that hosts the largest concentration camp in the world. You support the policy that has killed over 30 million civilians since WW2. You are why AARP members on crack should not be allowed to vote. Dumb ass little lamb. Go into your garage and wrap your mouth around the exhaust pipe with the car running. You post like you beat me to that idea. Baaaaa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT