ADVERTISEMENT

QB tranfers coming to Nebraska

In last 5 years thx to Rutgers getting exemption this year only 2 P5 schools haven’t gone to a bowl game. Kansas and Nebraska.

Think about that. And there still over here yapping like a chihuahua. Do you REALLY have no humility?

These transfers you're getting ...... Santa's toy shop of misfits. Iowa State 2.0

42-3...Iowa will never be elite. Period

See...this is the problem with Nebraska fans. You haven't lost national prominence? WTF. There's no arguing with you after a comment like that. You haven't had a winning season in 5 years. That means you have lost more than you have won in case you don't understand. In that timeframe, you have lost to teams like Troy and NIU. It's ridiculous. You haven't won anything in 24 years. Pelini got you to the B10 championship in 2012 and Wisky hung 70 on you. How's that for National Prominence?

Nebraska has been a bottom feeder in the Big Ten West for years...you are delusional. It's like Iowa fans clinging to our late 1950s teams (NC in 1956, 1958, 1960) that were in the National Championship hunt. Hey, we are a blue blood program!

Nebraska is being talked about on this board alot, because we can't believe how delusional the fan base is. It's like being close in games is your new win. You have lost 7 straight to Iowa. 7 Straight...and you come to Kinnick Stadium next year in late November...and Iowa will have damn near the same defense that shut you down this year...only, they will be older, faster, bigger, and stronger. Good luck with that.

You are looking at losing for the 8th straight year, but your national prominence may be good for 3 points on the road. LMFAO.
Iowa has never won a Nationalal Chamionship, never will. Iowa is just anther 7-5 team in the mediocre Big Ten West.

Reactions: I_Only_WantAnal
Iowa has never won a Nationalal Chamionship, never will. Iowa is just anther 7-5 team in the mediocre Big Ten West.
Yet Iowa just won the division. Won 10 games for 2nd time in 3 years and will finish ranked for the 4th year in a row. Heck your team would be throwing a parade in Lincoln next year if frost goes 7-5 and finishes 4th or better in the division.

Pot meet kettle

You complain about Nebraska fans being focused on the past but you go into the past to talk about wiscy. Well you guys got beat 43-3 and when BF takes over as HC you guys will have even more difficulty scoring. Nebraska did not get blown out by any team this year and we played a tougher schedule than iowa. I do admitt that the Huskers seemed to tighten up when the games got tight this year though. We are attempting to fix our issues. How about iowa?

• Haha
You complain about Nebraska fans being focused on the past but you go into the past to talk about wiscy. Well you guys got beat 43-3 and when BF takes over as HC you guys will have even more difficulty scoring. Nebraska did not get blown out by any team this year and we played a tougher schedule than iowa. I do admitt that the Huskers seemed to tighten up when the games got tight this year though. We are attempting to fix our issues. How about iowa?
Congrats on being the greatest 3-9 team of all time. Isn’t the common saying close games are loss by coaches. Frost turtled in many games and that is a habit that won’t change.

• Haha

Iowa won 10 games and the Big West. What's to fix? Does Frost have the worst Big 10 record ever by a coach in his first 4 years?

• Haha
Chasing stars isn't always the best way to approach things.

Trying to get a guy who has the drive and hunger to really elevate his game ... that's the sort of transfer who can truly make a difference for a program. Those sorts of guys typically have a chip on their shoulder.

A lot of the guys being mentioned in the same breath as Nebraska ... it sounds like they're buying a line which is almost guaranteeing them a starting gig. That sound like the sort of recipe that could continue to feed into the Husker's failing culture of entitlement ... rather than building a competitive environment of winners.

Of the transfers who made a bigger impact for the Huskers ... a guy like Toure who transferred from Montana and felt like he had something to prove. Even Manning ... he seems promising ... still a guy who had a stumbling block at TCU ... went to Kilgore College ... and then was a guy likely felt like he had something to prove (after being knocked down a block).

Touted recruits like Martin and Stepp ... not so much ...

It’s nice to get an update about the last place team in the B1G but I’m curious about the last place teams in the G5 conferences too.

Is this Ball State’s year? Will Louisiana Monroe climb to the 11th best team in the Sunbelt??

Seriously...you were a 3-9 team. That sucks. Do you hear yourself? We were in every game...so freaking what...you lost 9 of them. You lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost. Stop clinging to "we were in every game"...that's not the objective.

We won the division outright...that's the goal. No excuses...Michigan was better...but they were a senior dominated team.

Here's the thing...we won the West and played in the Big Ten Championship game with two freshman playing on the offensive line...and we have 4 redshirt freshman playing on the defensive lines in the two deeps. We were one of the youngest teams Kirk Ferentz has ever had. Guess what that means, and it's not good for Nebraska.

Nebraska seems to have a hyper focus on getting as many mouths to feed as possible in the WR room. If they were all assured they would get targets and playing time, they’ll see some of them revolt because it is not possible to feed 8+ WRs the ball enough to keep them all happy.

While Iowa fans complains about their QB ineptness, it is partially that way to deal with the gauntlet of a BIG schedule. KF doesn’t want to win games with explosive QB play and explosive WR play. He wins in spite of QB play. If the QB plays well, it’s a bonus, but not required.

The flip side, running the QB and requiring explosive plays from the QB/WR to win games as the BIG as the season drags into late October and November, has its drawbacks. Injuries pile up, weather turns, defense has an advantage in poor conditions.

Here's the other thing. If you have solid coaching and the right mentality...the "being in games begins to translate to wins"...and it should happen within the same year...not this perennial "wait till next year" crap Nebraska fans spew.

In 2008, Iowa lost 4 games early in that season by 12 points...coming into the Penn State game, who was #2 in the country, Iowa was 5-4 with the four close losses. We upset Penn State, and hammer Minnesota and a good South Carolina team in the bowl game to get to 8-4. We then go on to win the first 9 the next year. That's when you know your coaching staff is close and playing close games is going to pay off.

If you keep losing close games...that means something else is the problem. Culture, coaching, or the wrong type of players. Scott Frost is blaming everyone but himself for the issue...which is typical of Frost. You better hope Alberts is pulling the strings here because Frost is the problem if you ask me.

Seriously...you were a 3-9 team. That sucks. Do you hear yourself? We were in every game...so freaking what...you lost 9 of them. You lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost, then you lost. Stop clinging to "we were in every game"...that's not the objective.

We won the division outright...that's the goal. No excuses...Michigan was better...but they were a senior dominated team.

Here's the thing...we won the West and played in the Big Ten Championship game with two freshman playing on the offensive line...and we have 4 redshirt freshman playing on the defensive lines in the two deeps. We were one of the youngest teams Kirk Ferentz has ever had. Guess what that means, and it's not good for Nebraska.
What I love about the 1 score loss argument. ILL game score to get within 8 late and didn’t get the ball back until 40 sec left to tie and go 80+ yards. MN and Purdue late td with around min where they didn’t get on side kick and game was over. 1 score games but where they really had no realistic opportunity to tie or win. Also as if other teams like Iowa or rest of the big 10 teams aren’t trying to improve their weak spots either? Like osu firing the DC and MN and ILL their OC.

Only difference is NU has a lot more work to fix things than most. Which going into year 5 of frost’s tenure is a telling sign for how he’s done. Especially now they are all his guys and can’t play the mike Riley excuse card anymore. he loses his 4 yr qb (who was leading rusher) best te and wr. Meanwhile as you said with Iowa’s youth we started 2 freshman rb and wr (1 hurt), OL and had 1 te who saw lot of time in the bowl game.

I think it’s because that is the most recent example of Nebraska being in the B1G championship game.

Feel free to come up with something more recent for comparison.

• Haha
I think it’s because that is the most recent example of Nebraska being in the B1G championship game.

Feel free to come up with something more recent for comparison.
Is it seven straight now? I think we have nine straight vs. the Illini, but it's been so long I've lost track of some of the winning streaks. Minnesota and Iowa State are up there somewhere.

Congrats on being the greatest 3-9 team of all time. Isn’t the common saying close games are loss by coaches. Frost turtled in many games and that is a habit that won’t change.
I can think of plenty 3-9 teams throughout history that would’ve rolled the ‘21 Nebbers.

Just off the top of my head the 3-9 ‘82 Demon Deacons would’ve smoked this year’s Nebbers.

‘91 Thundering Herd, ‘98 Runnin Rebels, ‘00 Zips, hell the list is endless of 3-9 teams would’ve smoked this year’s Fightin Flops.

When will they get to 2022 and do both?
Where to begin....
I’m not sure what that means but show me which programs that can dominate the portal and coach/develop like Iowa can? You act like it’s so easy to do all these things and there are tons of great developmental programs that will bring in major portal talent every year.

The reason Nebraska and these other schools - who are worse programs and usually have worse records than Iowa - will keep getting all these players in the portal is because they are bad at evaluating, coaching, and developing talent and they lose players who leave and/or they develop so bad they are looking for the quick fix.

When will they get to 2022 and do both?
Where to begin....
I’m not sure what that means but show me which programs that can dominate the portal and coach/develop like Iowa can? You act like it’s so easy to do all these things and there are tons of great developmental programs that will bring in major portal talent every year.

The reason Nebraska and these other schools - who are worse programs and usually have worse records than Iowa - will keep getting all these players in the portal is because they are bad at evaluating, coaching, and developing talent and they lose players who leave and/or they develop so bad they are looking for the quick fix.

• Haha
Reactions: Ionly_WantAnal
We also got a 4-star CB from Arizona State, an OK State tackle, and a kicker and a punter from FCS schools that would have been top quartile FBS special team guys. 5-star WR from LSU likely to be official shortly. Still in play for a couple of more guys. Frost needs upgrades and isn't messing around with his job on the line. He will also be more of a CEO coach with the new OC calling plays. Key reason Frost has struggled late in games...too much to do and think about.
question is how much is it costing the husker boosters? when I was forced to live in Omaha players were getting handed cash, had a ticket selling clearinghouse, and all the starters were provided lease cars.

• Haha
It will help get us so we stop losing every close game. Getting rid of Martinez also will help. Every loss was 9 or less. Difference in Iowa game was the blocked punt. We also played a much tougher schedule with OU, OSU, Mich and MSU. Had MSU beat (special teams...), tied with Michigan with ball late (fumble) and OSU with chance to go ahead late (INT). Iowa typically gets an easy schedule from the conference. Best win was Penn State who would have won if the starting QB did not get hurt. Beat ISU with no offense. Just need to quit screwing up 2-3 times a game and will win.
Broken record...we hear this every year and same old results.

Broken record...we hear this every year and same old results.
He actually went low profile on this one. Didn’t mention how dynamic the new coaches are, how they have a connection to the past and a return to ‘their place’………… then the games start……. As predictable as the sun rising in the east.

• Haha
Correct, Iowa football has never won the ever prestigious and elusive "Nationalal Chamionship"
That N on their helmet doesn’t stand for just Netras7ka!….

think-smart.gif

• Haha
Reactions: I_0nlyWant_Anal
We haven’t lost National Prominence. It may have lessened but it is still materially significant. Why do you think this thread is being discussed on your board?
LMFAO! GMAFB! You think the fact that there is a long thread of banter between two rival schools on a upper-mid-tier program's board is proof that Nebraska is still as nationally prominent as ever?

Try starting a thread on the Ohio St board about your awesome portal success and close losses and see if they want to have a discussion between "blue bloods" and see what happens.

You must be trolling, because even a Lancaster County, Nebraska moron cannot be that stupid.

LMFAO! GMAFB! You think the fact that there is a long thread of banter between two rival schools on a upper-mid-tier program's board is proof that Nebraska is still as nationally prominent as ever?

Try starting a thread on the Ohio St board about your awesome portal success and close losses and see if they want to have a discussion between "blue bloods" and see what happens.

You must be trolling, because even a Lancaster County, Nebraska moron cannot be that stupid.
Lancaster County, NE says ‘hold my beer’

• Haha
Reactions: I_0nlyWant_Anal
ADVERTISEMENT