ADVERTISEMENT

QB tranfers coming to Nebraska

We also got a 4-star CB from Arizona State, an OK State tackle, and a kicker and a punter from FCS schools that would have been top quartile FBS special team guys. 5-star WR from LSU likely to be official shortly. Still in play for a couple of more guys. Frost needs upgrades and isn't messing around with his job on the line. He will also be more of a CEO coach with the new OC calling plays. Key reason Frost has struggled late in games...too much to do and think about.

You mean the OK State OL who hasn't played in 2 years? Or the Colorado State OL who hasn't played in 2 years and was kicked off campus for gun charges? The LSU WR that has hardly any targets/catches and is basically a return man? Good pickups

Iowa can hate all they want but Thompson is definitely a good pick up for Nebraska...no, they aren't winning the B10 but he will get more wins than what is currently there. In fact, Iowa should be mad since this was the year that Iowa should have went after a portal QB and didn't. Gotta change with the times.

Reactions: I_OnlyWant_Anal
It literally doesn't matter how many "great" players or athletes Nebby gets until they get a coach to develop players and "coach" these players, they will struggle to win. Frost isn't half the coach they think he is. He can't get 4star and 5star talent to play to their abilities and beat lowly teams consistently.

Iowa can hate all they want but Thompson is definitely a good pick up for Nebraska...no, they aren't winning the B10 but he will get more wins than what is currently there. In fact, Iowa should be mad since this was the year that Iowa should have went after a portal QB and didn't. Gotta change with the times.
Don’t think you are reading this thread correctly, no one gives a shit. Tom Brady could be transferring to frost and still wouldn’t give a shit.

But maybe you’re just trolling, yes you just trolling!

It will help get us so we stop losing every close game. Getting rid of Martinez also will help. Every loss was 9 or less. Difference in Iowa game was the blocked punt. We also played a much tougher schedule with OU, OSU, Mich and MSU. Had MSU beat (special teams...), tied with Michigan with ball late (fumble) and OSU with chance to go ahead late (INT). Iowa typically gets an easy schedule from the conference. Best win was Penn State who would have won if the starting QB did not get hurt. Beat ISU with no offense. Just need to quit screwing up 2-3 times a game and will win.
Good thing Thompson is heading to a team with better skill players, to a conference with weaker defenses and coached by a humble winner. Don’t foresee any issues here where he doesn’t live up to fan bases lofty expectations…..
UNL still soft.

Very average player who will get worse with Frost as coach. UNL still very soft. Iowa beat UNL with Petras. Think about that UNL fans. 5 win ceiling.

We also got a 4-star CB from Arizona State, an OK State tackle, and a kicker and a punter from FCS schools that would have been top quartile FBS special team guys. 5-star WR from LSU likely to be official shortly. Still in play for a couple of more guys. Frost needs upgrades and isn't messing around with his job on the line. He will also be more of a CEO coach with the new OC calling plays. Key reason Frost has struggled late in games...too much to do and think about.
Snort snort...you said "Frost" and "think" in the same sentence...
😂

LOL! Iowa didn't need stellar QB play to beat the cornholers and won't next year.

just like that almost overnight sf has picked up so many explosive athletes and matched them up with massive coaching upgrades. this goes to show that nebraska is a sleeping giant with a head start for next year’s west title and perhaps more. definitely glad we managed to get to indy this year coz withouta doubt sf has wis and ia in his crosshairs and finger on the trigger.
"Michigan and Ohio State will fear playing Nebraska"

So basically Spring will be a tryout for a bunch of losers who couldn’t hack it at other programs. Sounds like Nebraska will be 2-3 mistakes per game and 9 wins away from being in the playoffs for yet another year.

Has this missouri husker guy ever been on the Iowa board before?
Why isn’t he over on the husker board participating in the continuous circle jerk??

He was viewed as better than his brother out of high school and played a bit at FSU before his injury. He quit the team before they could waste a season of eligibility this year as he knew he was leaving. Smart move. He will compete for the backup job with the two freshmen (Smothers who played vs Iowa) this season and all will have a shot for 23.
so... yeah?

Can you fill us in on how the spring game will go, the sell out streak and the 90’s?
If you want to throw in some St. Tom Osborne chatter then I will know that the world is still orbiting like normal.

Iowa was way overrated. They needed a ST break to beat a Nebraska team playing a QB starting his first game. Nebraska also was without many of its starters during this game.

We may have panicked when the game was on the line, but you guys laid down the whole game against Michigan.

Iowa was way overrated. They needed a ST break to beat a Nebraska team playing a QB starting his first game. Nebraska also was without many of its starters during this game.

We may have panicked when the game was on the line, but you guys laid down the whole game against Michigan.
Iowa=lays down for 1 game every couple of years.

Nebraska=lays down for a decade.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning. You huskers never disappoint!

Talk about lay down and give it up, Wisconsin just scored again. What was it, 70-31? And congrats on winning the off season again or #WTOSA. Oh yeah, Netra7ka sucks.

Last edited:

Hmmm…. Poor performance in a championship game or sitting at home with a losing record, long losing streak against the team in the championship game and critiquing the game….. which do I prefer…. Tough choice.

Mining the Portal for malcontents, firing assistants, the last desperate acts of a man facing a firing squad. Here is an intelligence test for the Little Debbie trolls on here "DO you really believe Scott Frost is the guy to get you back to National Prominence?".

Mining the Portal for malcontents, firing assistants, the last desperate acts of a man facing a firing squad. Here is an intelligence test for the Little Debbie trolls on here "DO you really believe Scott Frost is the guy to get you back to National Prominence?".
We haven’t lost National Prominence. It may have lessened but it is still materially significant. Why do you think this thread is being discussed on your board? But to expand, maybe a better way to ask is whether we think Scott Frost will get us back to being a winning program that equates to our blue blood status. From this Husker fan, I’d say it remains to be seen, but am glad we are sticking with Frost instead of rinse repeat on hiring firing like many do. The changes in coaching this off-season seem positive and I do like our QB room with the new OC Whipple moving into next year.

We haven’t lost National Prominence. It may have lessened but it is still materially significant. Why do you think this thread is being discussed on your board? But to expand, maybe a better way to ask is whether we think Scott Frost will get us back to being a winning program that equates to our blue blood status. From this Husker fan, I’d say it remains to be seen, but am glad we are sticking with Frost instead of rinse repeat on hiring firing like many do. The changes in coaching this off-season seem positive and I do like our QB room with the new OC Whipple moving into next year.
You guys have lost national prominence. It’s being talked about because a Nebraska fan started talking he thread.

The reason UN likes Thompson is
1 because he is from Texas - Nebraska hates Texas.
2. His father played for an Oklahoma team that beat Nebraska - Nebraska hates Oklahoma.

The only quarterback the red people would be more excited to get would be Deuce Hogan because he is from Iowa - Nebraska hates Iowa more than anything.

• Haha
Hmmm…. Poor performance in a championship game or sitting at home with a losing record, long losing streak against the team in the championship game and critiquing the game….. which do I prefer…. Tough choice.
Nebraska fan these days post regular season….

the-goon-dodgeball.gif

• Haha
Garbage day in Urbandale Iowa is on Tuesdays, come over here see what you like to call your own.

joaquin-phoenix-oh.gif

• Haha
See...this is the problem with Nebraska fans. You haven't lost national prominence? WTF. There's no arguing with you after a comment like that. You haven't had a winning season in 5 years. That means you have lost more than you have won in case you don't understand. In that timeframe, you have lost to teams like Troy and NIU. It's ridiculous. You haven't won anything in 24 years. Pelini got you to the B10 championship in 2012 and Wisky hung 70 on you. How's that for National Prominence?

Nebraska has been a bottom feeder in the Big Ten West for years...you are delusional. It's like Iowa fans clinging to our late 1950s teams (NC in 1956, 1958, 1960) that were in the National Championship hunt. Hey, we are a blue blood program!

Nebraska is being talked about on this board alot, because we can't believe how delusional the fan base is. It's like being close in games is your new win. You have lost 7 straight to Iowa. 7 Straight...and you come to Kinnick Stadium next year in late November...and Iowa will have damn near the same defense that shut you down this year...only, they will be older, faster, bigger, and stronger. Good luck with that.

You are looking at losing for the 8th straight year, but your national prominence may be good for 3 points on the road. LMFAO.

Last edited:
I am excited with the coaching changes as well. Like Jabroni said
‘Lubick > Walters....by ten miles

my bad, that was the last savior hired, who was hired after the last savior.

as a comedian once said ‘lather, rinse, repeat…. Someone better tell the Nebraska fans that at some point in time you actually have to stop and accomplish something.

If your coach was anyone else and wasn’t the golden boy qb from the 90s he’d been canned before the season ended and your fan base would’ve been out in full force to get rid of him like Riley. 4 seasons all losing never finishing higher than 5th in the division. In last 5 years thx to Rutgers getting exemption this year only 2 P5 schools haven’t gone to a bowl game. Kansas and Nebraska. Heck you guys have had a losing season in 6 of the last 7. But you guys keep telling yourself you haven’t lost national prominence…

Nebraska was w/o their starting QB, RB, DT, LB, and Safety. Hell I'd hope so.
But I thought your qb sucked and you guys will be better without him? Also your starting rb like the rest of the group did nothing all year. Injuries happen last week of the season everyone is missing players. As a wise man once said “that’s football.”

Also Iowa had issues with flu bug hitting team hard week of Nebraska game. On top of it Our all conf CB Hankins was out for Iowa last month along with his backup. FS missed game the week prior. We started our backup Qb 2 games. Starting Ts missed game time along with Gs during conf play. We didn’t play the bowl game with top wr or rb. And so on. Not like Nebraska only team to have issues missing starters come Nov.

• Haha
Uhhh - because a Husker fan started the thread. Wow

In last 5 years thx to Rutgers getting exemption this year only 2 P5 schools haven’t gone to a bowl game. Kansas and Nebraska.

Think about that. And there still over here yapping like a chihuahua. Do you REALLY have no humility?

These transfers you're getting ...... Santa's toy shop of misfits. Iowa State 2.0

ADVERTISEMENT