ADVERTISEMENT

QB tranfers coming to Nebraska

The discussion about Husker football this winter is eerily similar to last year with the transfers coming in.

Can't imagine the discord in the locker room and the field when the players realize there's only one football used in a game at any one time. The RBs will say they aren't getting the ball enough and the WRs will say Nebraska isn't passing enough.

And the OLine still looks like garbage.

Next year's goal is getting bowl eligible again?

LOL

The discussion about Husker football this winter is eerily similar to last year with the transfers coming in.

Can't imagine the discord in the locker room and the field when the players realize there's only one football used in a game at any one time. The RBs will say they aren't getting the ball enough and the WRs will say Nebraska isn't passing enough.

And the OLine still looks like garbage.

Next year's goal is getting bowl eligible again?

LOL

JabroniBlvd

Team MVP​

Lubick > Walters....by ten miles.

Not even a year old yet and now the new savior 'OC' is in the house and dragging in transfers.

😂

It’s nice to get an update about the last place team in the B1G but I’m curious about the last place teams in the G5 conferences too.

Is this Ball State’s year? Will Louisiana Monroe climb to the 11th best team in the Sunbelt??
@ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK serious question: do you think Ball State would lose to Nebber if they spotted Flop with two or three TDs?

Holy sh*t, there’s something I never thought I’d write: “Ball State would lose to Nebber…”

The Huskers will be a better team next year. Our OL has a lot of room for improvement. Just a little improvement would mean we beat the Iowa. I am sure Iowa will be an ok team next year though.

sassy-who-the-hell-cares.gif

The Huskers will be a better team next year. Our OL has a lot of room for improvement. Just a little improvement would mean we beat the Iowa. I am sure Iowa will be an ok team next year though.
Your last chance to beat Iowa was this year. Iowa had the weakest offensive line in Ferentz's tenure. Next year Iowa will roll over Nebby. It's going to be BRUTAL!

Your last chance to beat Iowa was this year. Iowa had the weakest offensive line in Ferentz's tenure. Next year Iowa will roll over Nebby. It's going to be BRUTAL!
I'm not saying this years group was good (though I'd argue by the end of the year they were a lot better), but worst easily goes to the 2007 line.

46 sacks

It's no wonder JC crawled into a shell and never came out after that.

Reactions: I_Only_Waant_Anus
Florida State transfer QB Cubba Purdy (Iowa State's QB brother) and Texas QB Casey Thompson appear to be in the tranfer portal coming to NU. Coach Whipple, OC and QB coach has a past relationaship with both. Thompson, the Texas transfer signed paperwork today.
That's nice. As long as Frost sticks around to coach them Hawk fans are super happy with whomever you sign. 👍

January? Check
No bowl game? Check
Coaching changes? Check
Transfers/recruits? Check
Off season braggadocio? Check
Failing to back it up when games are actually played? Check

Does that mean there is 6 more weeks of winter?

Curious how Neb has at least 90 players on scholarship so far. Are they excluded from the 85 rule since they can’t count?
Every sport is excluded from the scholarship rule. All you have to do is walk on and sign a NIL deal. Just ask Penn State and their wrestling program. Semi professional sports now days!!!! NCAA is worthless....

Probably being sarcastic, but both were 4-stars and widely known.

You do not have to be at 85 until the start of fall ball. We still have 3-5 new guys coming in late signing period. I am a Husker and there are 5-10 strong candidates to be processed after spring ball. Already have processed a few. Mostly guys who never will see the field for whatever reason. A couple of fifth-year juniors from COVID are just moving on to jobs.
In other words their scholarships aren't being renewed and they have been recruited over. Nice job coach..
Hopefully he doesn't get a motel bill from a parent for his sleep over in their house during recruiting....

• Haha
Florida State transfer QB Cubba Purdy (Iowa State's QB brother) and Texas QB Casey Thompson appear to be in the tranfer portal coming to NU. Coach Whipple, OC and QB coach has a past relationaship with both. Thompson, the Texas transfer signed paperwork today.
Nebraska could bring in Brady and I still wouldn't worry. It's Nebraska.

• Haha
Reactions: ImmaHwkDork
Scott Frost still coaching Nebraska next year come Black Friday? Yep, that's all I need to know to feel good about Iowa's chances.

The Huskers will be a better team next year.
2015 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2016 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2017 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2018 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2019 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2020 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2021 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...

You'd think Nub would easily be champs by now after 7 straight years of improvement and not 3-9.
Maybe changing from LP's and VHS tapes to Spotify and DVR is the first important step...

The worst part is that when Nub manages to win 6 games and maybe even squeak out a win over Iowa, a truckload of Nub nimrods like you are going to be insufferable on this board, talking about how you 'called it" and how Nub is "back" and "reclaiming our blue blood status" and a bunch of other non-sense. You're the worst kind of fans.

2015 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2016 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2017 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2018 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2019 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2020 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...
2021 - The Huskers will be a better team next year (record skip)...

You'd think Nub would easily be champs by now after 7 straight years of improvement and not 3-9.
Maybe changing from LP's and VHS tapes to Spotify and DVR is the first important step...

The worst part is that when Nub manages to win 6 games and maybe even squeak out a win over Iowa, a truckload of Nub nimrods like you are going to be insufferable on this board, talking about how you 'called it" and how Nub is "back" and "reclaiming our blue blood status" and a bunch of other non-sense. You're the worst kind of fans.
The ‘blind squirrel finds…. ‘ or ‘a broken clock….’

hmmm….

Iowa fans may look at Nebraska and see 9 losses, but we are the best 9 loss team in history according to espn stats. Iowa was blown out by Michigan and Wiscy, while Nebraska played everyone on its tougher schedule tough.

Also Kirk is 66 years old and soon Brian will be taking over. How do you Hawk fans feel about that prospect?

Iowa fans may look at Nebraska and see 9 losses, but we are the best 9 loss team in history according to espn stats. Iowa was blown out by Michigan and Wiscy, while Nebraska played everyone on its tougher schedule tough.

Also Kirk is 66 years old and soon Brian will be taking over. How do you Hawk fans feel about that prospect?
3/10 try harder

A lot better than you do right now. 🤣

42-3...Iowa will never be elite. Period
Lol. You're a Nebraska fan talking this crap. Do you not realize this? In case you don't know, post VHS era, Nebraska football is a joke. You are the bottom feeders of the B1G and when the schedule comes out, fans are marking the Nebby game down as a W. Holy freaking Christ, do you really not know where Nebraska is in the peaking order of the B1G? For the love of God are you not paying attention? For Nebraska fan to talk crap to ANY fan base is an absolute joke. Btw, are you guys winning the off season again???? I cannot believe how a fan base can talk crap with ZERO relevancy for the last quarter of a century. For everyone's sake, please drop to the Mountain West or Horizon League or division 2 so you can at least win something. Bottom line is don't spew crap on a board of a team that utterly owns your team.

Lol. You're a Nebraska fan talking this crap. Do you not realize this? In case you don't know, post VHS era, Nebraska football is a joke. You are the bottom feeders of the B1G and when the schedule comes out, fans are marking the Nebby game down as a W. Holy freaking Christ, do you really not know where Nebraska is in the peaking order of the B1G? For the love of God are you not paying attention? For Nebraska fan to talk crap to ANY fan base is an absolute joke. Btw, are you guys winning the off season again???? I cannot believe how a fan base can talk crap with ZERO relevancy for the last quarter of a century. For everyone's sake, please drop to the Mountain West or Horizon League or division 2 so you can at least win something. Bottom line is don't spew crap on a board of a team that utterly owns your team.
We did not get blown out by Wisc and Mich. We are trying to improve. You guys will be an ok team til Kirk retires, but dont get your hopes up.

Nebraska is a mediocre program at this point. They aren’t developing players and relying on the portal usually means they’re lacking talent and haven’t done a good job of identifying players out of HS that fit their scheme. A lot of high floor, low ceiling type guys.

Which of your QB’s can we expect to win the Heisman this year? AM will be elsewhere so he won’t repeat in Husker fantasy land. Your recruits dominated the all American game I saw. Iowa only returns 8 starters on O and 8 on D so we’ll be in a total rebuild mode. You’ve won the offseason again. All we’re able to do is beat you when we play you. Oh well….

Let's be honest, shall we? Isn't that the equivalent to being runner up in the special Olympics?

How do we feel about the prospect of Brian Ferentz taking over? Well, it feels a hell of a lot better than being told Scott Frost will be our coach. Answer your question?

You're right. Nebraska didn't get blown out by Wisconsin or Nebraska. Congrats! Youve proved EVERYONES point...Nebraska is now reduced to these moral victories. Yay!!! You won three games but didn't get blown out!!! How awesome!!!!

Last edited:
Nebraska is a mediocre program at this point. They aren’t developing players and relying on the portal usually means they’re lacking talent and haven’t done a good job of identifying players out of HS that fit their scheme. A lot of high floor, low ceiling type guys.
Mediocre is not happy at being lumped in with Nebraska. Mediocre is a step above where Nebraska is

Well you guys stepped up and paid KF big bucks. This should ensure Iowa is an above average team for six years. Who knows BF may have developed into a average coach by then.

Well you guys stepped up and paid KF big bucks. This should ensure Iowa is an above average team for six years. Who knows BF may have developed into a average coach by then.

Maybe......

.....and maybe in 6 years you'll finally get above .500.

I doubt it but hope springs eternal and whatnot.

There's always red balloons, Runzas and your fake ass sellout streak....and being the nations spring game national champs.

@ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK serious question: do you think Ball State would lose to Nebber if they spotted Flop with two or three TDs?

Holy sh*t, there’s something I never thought I’d write: “Ball State would lose to Nebber…”
Whew, gun to my head: If Ball State is down 24-3 to the Fightin Flops with 7 min left in the 4th quarter @ Lincoln, I just don’t see any scenario where Nebber wins that game.

57-24 Ball State would be the final imo.

ADVERTISEMENT