ADVERTISEMENT

Quad Cities Thread

The Rust Belt, Moeller is doing great things there and people from all over the Midwest travel to Davenport to hear their favorite bands for pennies of what it costs elsewhere.
I went there for the first time a few weeks ago for a Bob Marley tribute. Place is pretty awesome. It's too bad it's so narrow cuz i could imagine it would be tough to see anything during a really crowded show if you're in the back.

$6 bucks for a tall boy was a bit much tho

One outstanding place to visit is the
Black Hawk State Historic Site in Rock
Island. They have the Lodge, the Museum,
the Statue of Black Hawk, and numerous
trails to hike.

For many years they invited the Sauk tribes
from Oklahoma to come for a Pow Wow on
Labor Day Weekend and drew big crowds.

While we have obviously put our fellow Hawkeye Bretheren to shame with the sheer number of Great Dive Food places to eat at here in the QC, one place we lack is BBQ. Jim's Rib Haven just has not been the same since the old man died and there ain't much meat on them bones. Anyone have a great location for BBQ?

McNeals Smokehouse? new to me?

Smokin Butt BBQ out at the Red Hawk G.C. new to me as well?

Armored Gardens? never eaten there?

Big Mouthz? Ate it once, years ago?
Armored Gardens isn't BBQ any more. I did enjoy Lynn's out by the golf course in Eldridge. I will be trying Smokin Butt BBQ soon.

One outstanding place to visit is the
Black Hawk State Historic Site in Rock
Island. They have the Lodge, the Museum,
the Statue of Black Hawk, and numerous
trails to hike.

For many years they invited the Sauk tribes
from Oklahoma to come for a Pow Wow on
Labor Day Weekend and drew big crowds.
I married my first wife at Black
Hawk. Things didn't work out.

I married my first wife at Black
Hawk. Things didn't work out.
Horrible venue. Narrow, high ceiling and hard surfaces make for lots of echo and very loud. Setting is terrific. Too much of a walk to car for old folks is another problem.

I've never had bad service at Jersey Grille and I have probably eaten there a dozen times.

It was probably because we usually hit them between lunch and dinner so they were understaffed at those hours and the wait to get in my order and then get my order was way too long. They do have consistently decent burgers, but lately I just hit up Barrel House or The Filling Station if we are slow around 2 or 3 at work. I had been going to Jersey Grille for a long time before the bad streak, maybe I'll hit them up again.

It was probably because we usually hit them between lunch and dinner so they were understaffed at those hours and the wait to get in my order and then get my order was way too long. They do have consistently decent burgers, but lately I just hit up Barrel House or The Filling Station if we are slow around 2 or 3 at work. I had been going to Jersey Grille for a long time before the bad streak, maybe I'll hit them up again.
It's not my favorite place, )though I do like the prime rib sandwich), but people I'm around tend to like to go there.

I think Boozie's has pretty solid wings, and the beers are cheap as hell, friendly staff behind the bar. The arcade bar downtown in and old bank is pretty solid as well.

Reactions: torbee
Marcia Lens hit on me at a wedding bar there once. Tight little package up close.

7DVeQyD.gif

Rich assholes getting stupid drunk and creepy? What could possibly go wrong!?
It's turned into the service industries super bowl of drunkenness. People puking in bushes by 8 pm. I didnt go but the bars after the event are something else.. drunk boobs everywhere

We tried Lopiez last night. Definitely a NYC style pie. Unique to the QC. I really liked it but I will say their sauce was the spiciest pizza sauce I have ever had in my life. From the first taste I said, "This has a bite." It made my nose run for sure.

Anybody going to see Tool at the TaxSlayer? Bought my tickets this morning.. can't wait!

The Adler Theater in downtown
Davenport has a seating capacity
of 2,400. It fills a niche for quality
cultural offerings to the Quad City
residents. As a historic venue it
is beautifully done.

My buddy is in a new Talking Heads cover band that I'm pretty excited about. They're debuting on Mar 20 at RME for those interested

Reactions: torbee
My buddy is in a new Talking Heads cover band that I'm pretty excited about. They're debuting on Mar 20 at RME for those interested

I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me I'm a real live wire
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better
Run run run run run run run away oh oh
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, away oh oh oh
Yeah yeah yeah yeah!
You start a conversation you can't even finish it
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
Say something once, why say it again?
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Run run run run run run run away oh oh oh
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, away oh oh oh oh!
Yeah yeah yeah yeah!
Ce que j'ai fais, ce soir la
Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir la
Realisant mon espoir
Je me lance, vers la gloire, OK
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
We are vain and we are blind
I hate people when they're not polite
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Run run run run run run run away oh oh oh
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, away oh oh oh
Yeah yeah yeah yeah oh!

Reactions: Bro D and torbee
Post a reminder the day before, wouldja?
Will do. Pretty excited about it. There was a GREAT Talking Heads cover band called "This Must Be the Band out of Chicago. I had seen them in Chicago, QC, IC and DSM in the past. They don't really play much anymore so its awesome to have another one locally.

All the people in this one are super talented so I have pretty high hopes

https://www.facebook.com/dontworryaboutthegovernment/

Will do. Pretty excited about it. There was a GREAT Talking Heads cover band called "This Must Be the Band out of Chicago. I had seen them in Chicago, QC, IC and DSM in the past. They don't really play much anymore so its awesome to have another one locally.

All the people in this one are super talented so I have pretty high hopes

https://www.facebook.com/dontworryaboutthegovernment/
Have you seen Let Them Eat Cake? (Obviously, a Cake cover band).

They put on a really entertaining show. I think they might be regional (like, Chicago or elsewhere Midwest based, I know they've played the QC a few times).

Have you seen Let Them Eat Cake? (Obviously, a Cake cover band).

They put on a really entertaining show. I think they might be regional (like, Chicago or elsewhere Midwest based, I know they've played the QC a few times).
Yep they're really good - Have your Cake. They're out of the QC and a few of the members are in this new Talking Heads cover band.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT