ADVERTISEMENT

Quad Citis Pizza now getting lauded by high profile food magazines!!

What about a nice gourmet Dominoes thin crust? It's even better if you have it the next day after a few minutes in the 'wave.

o.jpg

I ate a piece of Dominos pizza...

once.

Seems to be a little cold in that pizza place.
The QC style is based on Napoli style from Naples. Here are a couple pics from actual pizza places in Naples, Italy. Note the similarity of the crust and that there they also do not use shredded, but rather chunks of mozzarella:

maxresdefault.jpg

images

I can tell I'm getting older. In the past, I would have responded "There's a pizza in that picture?"

Today, I didn't notice the temperature indicators until the 2nd look.

That’s what I’ve told people. I know I joke about it, but QC Style pizza isn’t some sort of amazing food - but it’s kind of cool to have a regional variation of a ubiquitous food that serves as a nice change up.
I eat it once about every couple of months...it's just in the rotation.

Blind taste test.. 10 different QC style pizzas on one side, 10 harris pizzas on the other. You won't know which one is which
Some you would know instantly. Bad Boyz is much spicier in my opinion. Gunchies has a softer crust. I think I could get Harris out of a lineup. Not 100% sure but I could tell you on many which are NOT Harris.

Reactions: torbee
DOMINO'S PIZZA when they started out promised
home delivery in 30 minutes or the pizza was free.
That policy was eliminated due to a rash of car
accidents by their drivers. Today, their focus is
on making better pizza.

DOMINO'S PIZZA when they started out promised
home delivery in 30 minutes or the pizza was free.
That policy was eliminated due to a rash of car
accidents by their drivers. Today, their focus is
on making better pizza.

They haven't done very well with this new focus. The last Dominos pizza I ate was horrible.

I have never eaten a Domino pizza. I enjoy Happy
Joe's and occasionally Pizza Hut.

I have Johnny’s a few times and it wasn’t too bad. It’s more traditional/NY style pizza.

It’s better than most chain pizza places and better than most QC style pizzas. I’d say it’s Johnny’s or Fat Boys, IMO.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I have Johnny’s a few times and it wasn’t too bad. It’s more traditional/NY style pizza.

It’s better than most chain pizza places and better than most QC style pizzas. I’d say it’s Johnny’s or Fat Boys, IMO.
Johnny's is also in the rotation. I like it a lot. Tony's is pretty good too. I like their crust on the deep dish. Similar to Geno's East because of the cornmeal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT