ADVERTISEMENT

Quarrels?

Has anyone heard anything on this kid? Was he able to redshirt (if he even could redshirt) this past year? He seems to be the forgotten recruit and haven’t heard much if anything on him .. hoping he’s still with the team still

He already redshirted at New Mexico. He'll be a 5th year senior at Iowa this fall.

Has anyone heard anything on this kid? Was he able to redshirt (if he even could redshirt) this past year? He seems to be the forgotten recruit and haven’t heard much if anything on him .. hoping he’s still with the team still

Buried on the depth chart and came in WAY late. Hard to do and expect playing time.

Buried on the depth chart and came in WAY late. Hard to do and expect playing time.
Absolutely ... coming in late and then having to learn a new system. Therein lies the biggest difficulty ... because then your head is swimming and you're then thinking too much. The more you think on the field ... usually the slower you play.

Here's a hot take. It's entirely possible the guy just isn't talented enough to deserve a shot, even with our lackluster receiving corps.
Could be.
Probably never know the circumstances that actually caused him to leave. Unfortunately for him doesn't appear that he made a good choice if he actually wanted to see the field other than from the sidelines.

I have a pretty good source who just blew me off when I asked. It was like the guy had no relevance at all. It was weird.

And I recall a post before the season that said he was one of the best receivers he's seen.

Read it as you wish, but his impression must be less than expected. If that's the case, I kinda feel for him. He has to be an impressive young man to have accomplished what he has academically.

Reactions: mick82
I seem to recall Bob Davie coaches at UNM and runs the ball almost exclusively. I'm sure MQ knows a bit about blocking.

The lack of PT I'm betting had everything to do with what happened with him last fall. From what I remember he didn't even get to practice until a week before the 1st game. Nobody is going to come in and make that up unless they're other worldly.

I seem to recall Bob Davie coaches at UNM and runs the ball almost exclusively. I'm sure MQ knows a bit about blocking.

The lack of PT I'm betting had everything to do with what happened with him last fall. From what I remember he didn't even get to practice until a week before the 1st game. Nobody is going to come in and make that up unless they're other worldly.

Though he is a veteran player Bagdropper. But your point is good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT