ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Stickley...

saluki211

Rookie
Mar 30, 2015
Pardon my ignorance, as I'm sure this has been explained before, but did Stickley go right to college after high school? He's listed as a true freshman, but his bio says he was born Dec. 19, 1996, which would make him 21 next month. Was he at the OTC or something?

Pardon my ignorance, as I'm sure this has been explained before, but did Stickley go right to college after high school? He's listed as a true freshman, but his bio says he was born Dec. 19, 1996, which would make him 21 next month. Was he at the OTC or something?

He gray shirted last year...spent a year here in IC to establish residency.

No, he was class of 2016 from St. Paris Graham with Marinelli and took a grayshirt last year working road construction while living in Iowa City and training with the HWC.

FWIW his younger brother JD is a senior this year at St Paris Graham and hasn't signed with anyone yet that I've seen. Always thought JD was better than both Justin and his cousin Eli who starts for Wisconsin. Would be a great under the radar pickup for Iowa imo. Didn't make the lineup until he was a junior, which sounds terrible until you realize the kids he sat behind are all or will be D1 starters at some point. Anyway won a state championship his first year in the lineup last year as a junior, has placed at Ironman, Super 32, etc. I imagine he's waiting to sign because he hasn't got much exposure due to being a backup so he's hoping a great year as a senior will get him some better options.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT