ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Yellowstone (the tv series)

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
Are there any dogs on the show at all? I’ve been watching since the first episode but I never really thought about that before. So it’s entirely possible there have been some dogs and I just wasn’t paying attention to that. But I can’t recall a single scene that included a dog. To my knowledge none of the Duttons have a pet dog.

It’s the largest cattle ranch in Montana. It seems like a couple of border collies could help with herding the livestock. And in a world where murder and kidnapping are commonplace, I think I would want a four-legged friend with superb hearing to alert me to imminent danger.

In season 2, Kayce walked right into a guy’s house and executed him while the guy was sitting on the toilet. A dog would have alerted the guy to Kayce’s intrusion and at least given him a chance to zip up and try to defend himself.

I just went back and looked at a recap to remember which episode it was and season 2 episode 1 when there are some cattle who back in the woods, they use dogs to help round them up. Either way it is very interesting they don’t use dogs often.

https://www.showbizjunkies.com/tv/yellowstone-season-2-episode-1-recap/
I agree, both for herding cattle and for family protection. Murder and kidnapping are so common on the show that several characters have private security details, but no one seems to have a dog for home security.

Since it was added to YouTubeTV, I have it recording to watch, but so far I can only get season's 2 and 3. Is there a way to watch it on demand so I can watch season 1 first?

Since it was added to YouTubeTV, I have it recording to watch, but so far I can only get season's 2 and 3. Is there a way to watch it on demand so I can watch season 1 first?

I just started watching it a couple weeks ago. I binge watched the first two seasons on the Peacock App. Was just going to do a 7 day trial but Google Play gave me 3 months of the Premium for free.

Reactions: MplsHawk
Lassie is still trying to tell everyone that Timmy fell in the well again. I'm sure that after all the wells are sealed up, Lassie would love to live on a ranch in Montana.

***Spoiler Alert***

On a separate Yellowstone topic, is anyone else suspicious as hell of the barrel racers? I’ve seen rumors online that Walker and Teeter are undercover FBI agents, but I’m not buying that. There’s no way Walker could have known Rip and Lloyd would just happen to stop at that particular bar on that particular day in that particular town 6 hours away from the ranch to have a couple beers. Certainly not with enough notice to set up a singing gig at the bar. And if he was an FBI agent he sure as hell wouldn’t have carved the brand off Wade’s chest and participated in his hanging.

But the barrel racers make no sense to me. There’s no earthly reason why Mia would fall so hard so fast for Jimmy. She’s not supermodel gorgeous or anything, but she’s pretty enough and sexy enough that she could walk into any bar in Montana and pick from a dozen different cowboys to go home with. So why is she smitten with a skinny, awkward meth head like Jimmy? And why does her friend Laramie have the hots for Lloyd? Dude’s 40 years older than her. That’s some serious daddy issues if it’s real.

Those girls definitely have ulterior motives for being there. Either they’re undercover agents or they were hired by Market Equities or one of Dutton’s rivals to get inside information about the ranch. I can’t believe John and Rip allow them to hang around the bunkhouse.

Reactions: Car-go
Are there any dogs on the show at all? I’ve been watching since the first episode but I never really thought about that before. So it’s entirely possible there have been some dogs and I just wasn’t paying attention to that. But I can’t recall a single scene that included a dog. To my knowledge none of the Duttons have a pet dog.

It’s the largest cattle ranch in Montana. It seems like a couple of border collies could help with herding the livestock. And in a world where murder and kidnapping are commonplace, I think I would want a four-legged friend with superb hearing to alert me to imminent danger.

In season 2, Kayce walked right into a guy’s house and executed him while the guy was sitting on the toilet. A dog would have alerted the guy to Kayce’s intrusion and at least given him a chance to zip up and try to defend himself.

You apparently have not read the latest North Korea thread TJ.

Reactions: TJ8869
***Spoiler Alert***

On a separate Yellowstone topic, is anyone else suspicious as hell of the barrel racers? I’ve seen rumors online that Walker and Teeter are undercover FBI agents, but I’m not buying that. There’s no way Walker could have known Rip and Lloyd would just happen to stop at that particular bar on that particular day in that particular town 6 hours away from the ranch to have a couple beers. Certainly not with enough notice to set up a singing gig at the bar. And if he was an FBI agent he sure as hell wouldn’t have carved the brand off Wade’s chest and participated in his hanging.

But the barrel racers make no sense to me. There’s no earthly reason why Mia would fall so hard so fast for Jimmy. She’s not supermodel gorgeous or anything, but she’s pretty enough and sexy enough that she could walk into any bar in Montana and pick from a dozen different cowboys to go home with. So why is she smitten with a skinny, awkward meth head like Jimmy? And why does her friend Laramie have the hots for Lloyd? Dude’s 40 years older than her. That’s some serious daddy issues if it’s real.

Those girls definitely have ulterior motives for being there. Either they’re undercover agents or they were hired by Market Equities or one of Dutton’s rivals to get inside information about the ranch. I can’t believe John and Rip allow them to hang around the bunkhouse.

I can think of a couple reasons to keep her around...

new-york-ny-usa-15th-may-2019-hassie-harrison-at-arrivals-for-warner-media-upfronts-2019-one-penn-plaza-new-york-ny-may-15-2019-credit-jason-mendezeverett-collectionalamy-live-news-T8XNNF.jpg

***Spoiler Alert***

I hadn’t thought of it before but your theory makes sense.

If you're jerkin it to the Paramount channel you're one step away from watching Hallmark Christmas movies.
Are you disrespecting Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert? Because it sounds like you’re disrespecting Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert.

images

Are you disrespecting Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert? Because it sounds like you’re disrespecting Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert.

images

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make fun of your stories. You ladies continue on as if I never said a thing.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
It looked to me Sunday night, the she is going after Walker(Ryan Bingham) and going to dump the old fart. Which may cause a new problem.
She was definitely interested. I’m not sure that’s going to matter though. After watching him turn down a guaranteed blowjob from the desperate chick at the bar, I’m thinking Walker might be gay.

NTTAWWT

***Spoiler Alert***

Dear Penthouse.....................

It’s been a long time since I bought a copy of Penthouse, but I remember the quality of The Forum being much better than that.

Reactions: hawkssox1
Check it out from the library and watch it.

I watched a few episodes of the first season and found it impossible to gin up any empathy for any of the characters.

And branding the ranch hands? Jesus.

One of the finest shows on television.

I always wonder if they have some agent or spy, but that's not really how this show gets down, and would be a cop out to bring down the Dutton's imo

I enjoy this show, but you have to put your brain on a break while watching. In the real world, all these killings in one area would bring in the FBI and things would get shut down.

Reactions: rivalhawks
I enjoy this show, but you have to put your brain on a break while watching. In the real world, all these killings in one area would bring in the FBI and things would get shut down.
I'm not sure you understand the 3 S's of ranching - Shoot, Shovel and Shut Up.

Yes, it is a TV show but things are done a little differently in Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas.

Exactly like Sons of Anarchy. Hell Jax Teller was a damn serial killer. The feds kept trying to get the club, but all the murders ***crickets***. I remember specifically when the Chinese killed all the girls in the whorehouse and nobody bats an eye.

***Spoiler Alert***

Barrel racers definitely going to stir up some trouble at some point but I don't think they're moles hired by anyone. Think they just want to latch on to a big ranch and hopefully reap some benefits. And the blonde is a ho so there's that.
The walker deal is interesting, especially all the questions he was asking the other night. Guessing he's an informant at this point. Likely told his PO about goings on at the ranch and now will be feeding info. Until Rip kills him at least.

Barrel racers definitely going to stir up some trouble at some point but I don't think they're moles hired by anyone. Think they just want to latch on to a big ranch and hopefully reap some benefits. And the blonde is a ho so there's that.
The walker deal is interesting, especially all the questions he was asking the other night. Guessing he's an informant at this point. Likely told his PO about goings on at the ranch and now will be feeding info. Until Rip kills him at least.
I thought that about Walker- but- he cut dudes brand off. And, RIP never says anything incriminating when Walker is asking things about the dump site.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT