ADVERTISEMENT

Question for evangelicals

artradley

HR Legend
Apr 26, 2013
If a few thousand dead Americans on 9/11 was God's retribution for gay rights, aren't the 200k+ deaths from COVID a pretty clear retribution for electing a President who is basically a poster child for all seven of the deadly sins?

Deep thoughts...

I chose my church to hear hagee talk about the new world order and israel and the middle east and politics and the devil and the evil spirit taking over people

Roman Catholics, Lutherans, Methodist, Presbyterians,
Episcopalians, are not Evangelicals. They do not believe
in a God who is keeping score on the shortcomings of
people and who gets in the business of retribution.

Bottom Line: The OP has a childish view of God

The first might apply, if America was a Christian nation. Since we aren't, never have been and never were intended to be one, then that's a no.

The second isn't a consequence of voting for someone who violates all seven deadly sins. It's the consequence of voting for an egocentric narcissist who's only goal as POTUS is to financially benefit himself and "governs" in a manner that matches.

I chose my church to hear hagee talk about the new world order and israel and the middle east and politics and the devil and the evil spirit taking over people

So you willingly seek out crazy religiously spun conspiracy teachings while consistently ignoring scripture.

Sounds like you're on the righteous path.

Reactions: strummingram
I bet Evangelicals are absolutely certain that they are SERIOUS CHRISTIANS! They believe they are the serious-est Christians.

Evangelicals seem to believe that God is a mythical human male figure that floats in the clouds and keeps tabs on humans and the earth. Trump can easily bullshit that mentality and even sorta sit-in for the Almighty in a way. He tells them what they wanna hear regarding their earthly fears... they can fill-in-the-blanks with the rest! Easy-peasy!

If I were an evangelical, I might answer the OP's question with "Gays still have rights, so God is ramping up the punishment until they don't have rights anymore".

But I'm not an evangelical, so I'll wait for an evangelical to chime in on how great my answer was and then proceed with their derision from there.

• Sad
Reactions: naturalmwa
I bet Evangelicals are absolutely certain that they are SERIOUS CHRISTIANS! They believe they are the serious-est Christians.

Evangelicals seem to believe that God is a mythical human male figure that floats in the clouds and keeps tabs on humans and the earth. Trump can easily bullshit that mentality and even sorta sit-in for the Almighty in a way. He tells them what they wanna hear regarding their earthly fears... they can fill-in-the-blanks with the rest! Easy-peasy!
That's not how it works.

You have chosen well my son.

The evil spirit has taken over both you and Hagee.

If a few thousand dead Americans on 9/11 was God's retribution for gay rights, aren't the 200k+ deaths from COVID a pretty clear retribution for electing a President who is basically a poster child for all seven of the deadly sins?

Deep thoughts...
Of course if God had wanted retribution for gay rights why wouldn't the planes have landed in the gay village part of NYC, or San Francisco, instead of the symbols of corporate greed and the military industrial complex?

Of course if God had wanted retribution for gay rights why wouldn't the planes have landed in the gay village part of NYC, or San Francisco, instead of the symbols of corporate greed and the military industrial complex?

Because he works in mysterious ways.

Reactions: Torg
Rev. John Hagee is 80 years old and comes from an
Assemblies of God background. He is not a mainstream
Protestant. Hagee is an outspoken supporter of the
nation of Israel. He believes that Christ will return to
this earth and rule for 1000 years from a rebuilt Temple
in Jerusalem.

Reactions: Torg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT