ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Hawkeyes

goldmom

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
There’s a bit of controversy over on Warchant. **surprise**
With all the conference consolidation talk some of our fans were doubtful that B1G fans would travel if FSU were to end up in that conference. Or if we would travel to Iowa/Minnesota/Illinois in November.
So I’ll come right to the source:
Would y’all come down (or drive in since lots of Iowa grads already live in Florida) to Tally for a game?

With all the conference consolidation talk some of our fans were doubtful that B1G fans would travel if FSU were to end up in that conference. Or if we would travel to Iowa/Minnesota/Illinois in November.
Would y’all come down (or drive in since lots of Iowa grads already live in Florida) to Tally for a game?
I mean, we’ve basically penciled in our 13th game in Tampa every year because we travel so well to Florida…

Oh hell yeah I would. Tallahassee is only like four hours from where I live.

FSU'S enlightened sports department has seen to it that we will
always be second tier.

Anyone else get the impression Goldie is trying to figure out which one of us she wants to hook up with?

All kidding aside, even if FSU joined the B1G I doubt they would play in Iowa or Minnesota or Illinois more than once every 5 years or so. Most of your road games would be to places like Penn State and Maryland and Rutgers and Ohio State. Maybe even North Carolina.

Snarky comment comming...

Last time I watched FSU games, nobody is in the whole top level so do Noles fans go to Noles games? 😄

Iowa has a pretty wide reaching fan base. I wouldn't go to FSU for a game but I know many that would.

Question back at you. Would you rather be in the Big Ten or the SEC? Just curious.

Reactions: Tenacious E
As part of my quest to attend a game in every Big Ten stadium, I'd eventually get there. But I would probably consider them the same as I do Rutgers, Maryland, and the LA schools-a pure money grab who don't really belong.

I used to go to tally for work. I enjoyed it. So yeah. I'd also get to see some friends I haven't seen in a long time.

• Love
Reactions: billanole
I personally think that Iowa should make its vote on adding new members in climates like California conditional on only playing road games there after about October 20th….let us fans get out of the nasty, dreary cold Iowa fall/winter weather.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Would be fun once in a while, especially in winter months. Probably a lot more Hawkeye fans going there than Noles headed to Iowa City.

I would go so long as travel and hotel costs were reasonable. I'm not going to pay sky high prices. I think many Iowa fans traveling from the MIdwest would look at it the same way.

Current rosters favor the Hawkeyes, I would agree.
Since the mid 80’s, look at what happened and tell us what you think is the future in football 1v1.
Iowa played for/ won how many titles?

You guys are solid and play good ball, but title contention has been beyond your program for decades.
I sincerely hope Iowa rises into title contention, but not at the expense of FSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: win4jj
Since the mid 80’s, look at what happened and tell us what you think is the future in football 1v1.
Tell us what has happened since 2017 for the seminoles? And is that a better indicator of the present and future or is 1982?

Don’t go down the path of Nebraska fans my fellow nole fans

You guys are solid and play good ball, but title contention has been beyond your program for decades.
I sincerely hope Iowa rises into title contention, but not at the expense of FSU.
Even when we're down we're not out. I remember traveling to BYU when they thought they had a national championship team and we were in our 'lost decade.' We curb stomped them. Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth.

Tell us what has happened since 2017 for the seminoles? And is that a better indicator of the present and future or is 1982?

Dunno about post ‘17. The cat in charge has to produce. He is drawing pay.
I will suggest that there is a base of excellence buried deep in there..,

Obviously, FSU has dropped over the last several years as a football power.
Their status, however, is close enough to be regained, rather than totally built, compared to many without the recruiting base, facilities, and geographical position.

Even when we're down we're not out. I remember traveling to BYU when they thought they had a national championship team and we were in our 'lost decade.' We curb stomped them. Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth.
Punched in the mouth.

Iowa fans would swarm to FSU for a game. Sadly, I think you’ll be in the SEC.

I personally think that Iowa should make its vote on adding new members in climates like California conditional on only playing road games there after about October 20th….let us fans get out of the nasty, dreary cold Iowa fall/winter weather.

No, make them come north late in the year. They won’t travel well and seeing a bunch of Florida kids play in -5 F temps like that Nebraska game a few years back would be fun.

No, make them come north late in the year. They won’t travel well and seeing a bunch of Florida kids play in -5 F temps like that Nebraska game a few years back would be fun.
This thread was about Iowa traveling….and sign me up for getting the heck out of here after the weather turns….

Frankly I would be fine playing all the late year games in Tampa

Issa all good.
When Iowa travels into 95+degree plus95% humidity, it
will equal out.
Football should be played without regard to weather.
Line up and hike.

I took “only playing road games after October 20th” to include never playing home games against those teams after October 20th.
Oh no I don’t really care about that….but I don’t want to go play in Florida on Labor Day weekend….I can get that same miserable experience here at home if I want 90 degrees and 100% humidity….if they want in the conference be prepared to give us a reason to get out of the cold

'83 Gator Bowl in Jacksonville and '10 Orange Bowl in Miami were two of the coldest games I've ever attended. Full disclosure, I underdressed thinking Florida, yeah...

9027b5c5947b3807c84a238114a41ada.jpg

I’d go Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, PSU, Michigan State, Ohio State, Nebraska, USC, UCLA, Northwestern (just so I could spend time in Chicago) and Wisconsin.

Issa all good.
When Iowa travels into 95+degree plus95% humidity, it
will equal out.
Football should be played without regard to weather.
Line up and hike.

Can you point to a single day in Tallahassee in September where the temperature was 95 F at the same time the humidity was 95%?

The Iowa weather isn’t that drastically different from Florida in July, August, and the first part of September. Florida is more consistent, but Iowans are used to having those 90 degree days with high humidity. I don’t think your typical Floridian has experienced -5 F air temperatures with wind chills under -20 F. Even 30 F and overcast is going to be a shock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT