ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Hawkeyes

outside of soccer FSU brings nothing

Oh, c'mon... you don't want these guys cheering at your stadium?

2600f2db14c3573260b5b65f863ad8e9.jpg

Reactions: goldmom
Rather that than this:

isu-sweater.jpg

supersad.jpg

LOL
One of the funniest posts I’ve seen on HROT was a few years back when someone posted a photo of a herd of cows going down a path with the caption
“Sorority rush underway at Iowa State”.

Reactions: win4jj
LOL
One of the funniest posts I’ve seen on HROT was a few years back when someone posted a photo of a herd of cows going down a path with the caption
“Sorority rush underway at Iowa State”.
They are a uniquely ugly fanbase.

Ames makes West Lafayette look like Malibu.

The blonde chick in this pic is the hottest girl on the Iowa State campus.

DOG-CYCLONES-1-jumbo.jpg

c95a46b1-1f96-47d0-b996-0f964e396eb2-211229-ISU_Clemson_Cheez_It-004.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: win4jj
I'm genuinely curious about where the "Tallahassee = white trash" stigma came from. I'm not saying it's Versailles, but it's actually a fairly educated and affluent small city with nice hills and trees.
I have a friend who went there and another friend whose son had it in his final two school choices. Both said it's a cool town with a very nice campus. Seems like a pretty nice place to me.

I presume people assume it's "white trash" because it's in North Florida. But then again, Austin is in Texas and it's full of vegan liberals, so there ya go.

Reactions: goldmom
I'm genuinely curious about where the "Tallahassee = white trash" stigma came from. I'm not saying it's Versailles, but it's actually a fairly educated and affluent small city with nice hills and trees.
It’s a very typical city of about 400,000 in the greater metro area. The state Capitol and two established state Universities make it pretty recession proof.
Like any town it has the haves, the have somes, and the have nots.

That's cute.

Iowa has had 2 since 1979.

I humbly concede the Fewest HCs Since the 1970s trophy to Iowa. My point was more that it's a slight exaggeration to say that FSU changes coaches that often. FSU arguably dumped Taggart a year sooner than would have been "proper," but aside from that, things are pretty stable.

Reactions: torbee
I humbly concede the Fewest HCs Since the 1970s trophy to Iowa. My point was more that it's a slight exaggeration to say that FSU changes coaches that often. FSU arguably dumped Taggart a year sooner than would have been "proper," but aside from that, things are pretty stable.
I concur, was just joking around a little.

It seemed to me that FSU has been going through coaches somewhat rapidly lately, if not, my bad.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Good news, if true. But how does FSU escape the ACC exit fee and GOR?
ESPN supposedly has a separate contract with the conference that if cancelled or materially modified then leaves the ACC with literally no reason to exist.

It’s a very typical city of about 400,000 in the greater metro area. The state Capitol and two established state Universities make it pretty recession proof.
Like any town it has the haves, the have somes, and the have nots.

Yes, there are a lot of poor black people there and a lot of crime.

The "white trash" tend to live out in the sticks nearby, not in the city proper.

Reactions: runkpanole
There’s a bit of controversy over on Warchant. **surprise**
With all the conference consolidation talk some of our fans were doubtful that B1G fans would travel if FSU were to end up in that conference. Or if we would travel to Iowa/Minnesota/Illinois in November.
So I’ll come right to the source:
Would y’all come down (or drive in since lots of Iowa grads already live in Florida) to Tally for a game?
Nope

'83 Gator Bowl in Jacksonville and '10 Orange Bowl in Miami were two of the coldest games I've ever attended. Full disclosure, I underdressed thinking Florida, yeah...

9027b5c5947b3807c84a238114a41ada.jpg
'10 Orange Bowl - Coldest I've ever been. Also for you JVW, I attended with one of your favorites - ALUMP11

I think we all are aware that Florida State used to have amazingly awesome football teams.

But Bobby Bowden ain’t walking through that door. There is no reason FSU might not sputter along for some time as Nebraska has. Neither team has the national cachet or dominance over their rivals they once had, and that matters.

Both change coaches like some people change underwear. Both fanbases continue to bring up the 90s constantly.

Remember: Minnesota has more national championships than you do. No one thinks they are destined to return to glory.
You sir, are spot on.

Softball and Track say howdy.
Basketball, golf and baseball aren’t bad either. We did just fire a legacy coach after 40 straight years of tournament appearances because a regional appearance just isn’t going to cut it.

UPDATE : FSU still in talks with the Big...it was thought that Clemson and FSU would be a package deal must but the talk is maybe just FSU to the B10. Could be a bargaining chip but lots of moving pieces and rumors...

You sir, are spot on.
One huge caveat, though: compared to Minnesota, Army, Princeton and Nebraska (all programs with more Nattys than FSU) the Seminoles ARE in one of the greatest states for football talent in the country.

Of course you also have the entire SEC and ACC stocking their teams from that cupboard, but at least you have the proximity and good fan support.

Reactions: billanole
UPDATE : FSU still in talks with the Big...it was thought that Clemson and FSU would be a package deal must but the talk is maybe just FSU to the B10. Could be a bargaining chip but lots of moving pieces and rumors...
I have honestly seen nothing about fsu to the big ten. It is always FSU to the SEC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT