ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the HROT posters who are in sales.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Are you always on? CSB, the wife and I are at the bar at a brew pub overlooking the Pacific on the Oregon coast as we wait on a table, and this guy starts yapping about he’s in sales, and the stuff he sells. He’s got from Salt Lake City to Juneau as his region he tells me twice. I don’t think he is hitting on me because he’s hitting on the thick blonde at the end of the bar, who is receptive, even though they both have wedding rings on. Mrs Lucas for some reason answers that we are from iowa when he asks, even though I usually lie and say Arkansas as my burner state. He then announces that Iowa football sucks and he lost money on Iowa last Saturday. Well, game effing on at that point. If you bet on iowa that’s a you problem, but some degenerate gambler from a suburb of Portland doesn’t get to rip on iowa. That’s my birthright, not yours because you thought for sure Iowa would score 13 points. Again, that’s a you problem. We never score 13 effing points. I’m a little drunk so I start pretending that I care he has the whole region from SLC to Juneau and mention repeatedly that’s a large area with lots of responsibility. He’s gotta be pretty good at the sales thing. Now the wife is leaning in and telling me to shut up, but I ask him about his wife and kids because I want thick blonde to feel a little guilty about a hook up even though she’s got the 32 Oz mug going and probably will shame walk back to her hotel anyway.
So, do you guys in sales ever just sit quietly at a bar and watch the playoff game without mentioning your sales region?

Have pity on him ahahaha, he can't leave his job outside the office and talks about it all the time. It's a professional personality deformity when work takes up too much time. I remember spending time manually analyzing all of the company's expenses until we were given access to https://revenuegrid.com/blog/revenue-operations-software/. After that I could stop thinking about work and rest easy. But this dude is obviously out of his mind and he needed something from you, since he found "ears" willing to listen to hi

Last edited:
I enjoyed traveling for work and getting into mischief with the locals. Starts with going to a local bar, get a little sauced, meet a few random locals who are out having a good time and hitch along for the night.

Have pity on him ahahaha, he can't leave his job outside the office and talks about it all the time. It's a professional personality deformity when work takes up too much time

uBEq26j.png

I'm in sales and always just sit quietly to myself at the bar if I'm alone.

Sales people who drum up business at a restaurant bar are one notch above sales people who hit up all their friends and family for business or leads.

This isn't a sales guy issue. This is a bar patron issue.

I know because I spend a lot of time in the bar. A LOT. You learn to spot these people, ignore them, or excuse yourself from that seat. I sometimes wish there was an ejector seat.

This isn't a sales guy issue. This is a bar patron issue.

I know because I spend a lot of time in the bar. A LOT. You learn to spot these people, ignore them, or excuse yourself from that seat. I sometimes wish there was an ejector seat.
This is the correct response. Makes me think of this.

ADVERTISEMENT