ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the Noles

SolarHawk

HR Heisman
Jun 27, 2021
How’s next year and beyond looking for the football program? It seems more evident with each passing day that daddy Ferentz is gonna trot his dipshit son out as Iowa‘s OC for another year, and I won’t be part of that as a fan so I’m thinking with this board full of you guys and living in Florida FSU would be an easy transition to root for.

Watching how bad BF does has turned into a guilty pleasure of mine. I wonder how bad he can do with a better QB this year. The sky is the limit.
Worth pointing out that Nole fans especially can identify with the exact situation Iowa fans are in because we had exact same thing happen with the legendary Bobby Bowden. When Mark Richt left to become Georgia’s head coach, we literally had to circumvent anti nepotism state laws to put Bobby’s son, Jeff Bowden, as OC. It was a position he never should have had due to low overall experience and also being the Fredo Corleone of the Bowden family.

We suffered 7-8 years under him as OC and his brilliant playbook which consisted of running the ball or throwing bombs. The boosters finally forced him out for Jimbo. But it was not pretty and he ruined many a QB.

Last edited:
Worth pointing out that Nole fans especially can identify with the exact situation Iowa fans are in because we had exact same thing happen with the legendary Bobby Bowden. When Mark Richt left to become Georgia’s head coach, we literally had to circumvent anti nepotism state laws to put Bobby’s son, Jeff Bowden, as OC. It was a position he never should have had due to low overall experience and also being the Fred’s Corleone of the Bowden family.

We suffered 7-8 years under him as OC and his brilliant playbook which consisted of running the ball or throwing bombs. The boosters finally forced him out for Jimbo. But it was not pretty and he ruined many a QB.

Quality, accurate and painful summary

Worth pointing out that Nole fans especially can identify with the exact situation Iowa fans are in because we had exact same thing happen with the legendary Bobby Bowden. When Mark Richt left to become Georgia’s head coach, we literally had to circumvent anti nepotism state laws to put Bobby’s son, Jeff Bowden, as OC. It was a position he never should have had due to low overall experience and also being the Fred’s Corleone of the Bowden family.

I always imagined the playcalling.

“Ok, we went deep to the right on that last play. Gotta mix it up on third down, so let’s go deep again…but to the left!”

Finished the season ranked 11 in the AP poll and expect to be in the preseason top 10. Our QB, Jordan Travis, finished the season on the top of a lot of statistical categories and will be on the Heisman watch list.
We open 2023 against LSU in Orlando which should be a top 10 match-up. That game will tell everyone a lot about both teams.
LOL, you didn’t even mention your punter. You guys know nothing about football. Punting is winning. Stupid Noles.

That is funny. I still can’t tell if Brian is a Fredo or if he is shackled by Kirk to the extent he seems like a Fredo. What I do know is nothing is improving until our POS OL improves.
agreed. that said, i actually don't find his play calling suspect as much failing to put together a solid team of assistants who can deliver the goods. also we haven't had a upper level qb of the caliber of cj or tate or banks under bf -- certainly also his fault for not swapping out for a better one.

Reactions: Tenacious E
We have a SOLID coach, QB, improved OL and some depth everywhere.
Norvell is a winner with getting kids in the portal too.
I see a NY6 team at the very least and a decent playoff shot.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Finished the season ranked 11 in the AP poll and expect to be in the preseason top 10. Our QB, Jordan Travis, finished the season on the top of a lot of statistical categories and will be on the Heisman watch list.
We open 2023 against LSU in Orlando which should be a top 10 match-up. That game will tell everyone a lot about both teams.
Alright, IM IN. LETS GEAUX NOLES BABAY!!!!! SEE YALL IN WHORELANDO!!!!!!

Let me know how much they are, but my health is still very much in the air...though my surgery finally got scheduled, so we'll see where I'm at late April/ Early May. It would probably be sold out by then

Camping World Stadium has an entire mid-tier between the 30s on both sides of the field restricted for people with disabilities. Very welcoming and a great view. Hell, I could be your "caretaker" and it would be better than any seats I'd buy otherwise.

I will probably drive over to Orlando for the parties the night before the game and the tailgates. I will either watch the game in a hotel room or at a bar. I haven't set foot in a stadium since the Oregon Rose Bowl debacle in 2015 and I am in no hurry to change that. I might watch at White Castle and then move across the parking lot to Portillo's in the event that I get kicked out.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
I will probably drive over to Orlando for the parties the night before the game and the tailgates. I will either watch the game in a hotel room or at a bar. I haven't set foot in a stadium since the Oregon Rose Bowl debacle in 2015 and I am in no hurry to change that.
I turned that 💩show off and finished taking down all my Christmas decorations. We were either zombies or someone stole our uniforms.

I will probably drive over to Orlando for the parties the night before the game and the tailgates. I will either watch the game in a hotel room or at a bar. I haven't set foot in a stadium since the Oregon Rose Bowl debacle in 2015 and I am in no hurry to change that. I might watch at White Castle and then move across the parking lot to Portillo's in the event that I get kicked out.
Bro, I went to the Rose Bowl when Iowa got destroyed by Stanford. First time Iowa was in the Rose Bowl since the fvcking 80’s. Been to tons of games since. Quit your bitching, JFC.

Bro, I went to the Rose Bowl when Iowa got destroyed by Stanford. First time Iowa was in the Rose Bowl since the fvcking 80’s. Been to tons of games since. Quit your bitching, JFC.

HBahvts.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT