ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the Noles

@SolarNole, good luck with your new team.

I'd jump over with you if you can convince them to change their color scheme to black and gold. That garnet and gold combo is awful.
depositphotos_30089467-stock-photo-hand-flipping-the-bird.jpg

Google FSU versus B1G schools over the last 40 years or so.
Apology accepted.

They don’t know how to google so I’ll do it for them.

FSU is:
3-0 against Ohio State
2-1 against Michigan
1-1 against Penn State
2-0 against Michigan State
6-2 against Nebraska
2-0 against USC
1-0 against UCLA
1-0 against Wisconsin
1-0 against Indiana
And was 21-2 against the traitorous Twerps.

FSU never played the bottom Big Ten teams in Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue, and Rutgers to really rack up some wins.

So leaving out Nebraska and the Twerps, FSU went 12-2 against your better teams. I’m sure you could easily go undefeated against the dregs.

FSU is:
3-0 against Ohio State
2-1 against Michigan
1-1 against Penn State
6-2 against Nebraska
2-0 against USC
1-0 against UCLA
1-0 against Wisconsin
1-0 against Indiana

FSU never played the bottom Big Ten teams in Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue, and Rutgers to really rack up some wins.

So leaving out Nebraska and the Twerps, FSU went 12-2 against your better teams. I’m sure you could easily go undefeated against the dregs.

Facts can be used to prove any crazy theory.

FSU is:
3-0 against Ohio State
2-1 against Michigan
1-1 against Penn State
6-2 against Nebraska
2-0 against USC
1-0 against UCLA
1-0 against Wisconsin
1-0 against Indiana

All I take from this is that the Hawkeyes are undefeated against your Noles. The rest is just window dressing.

Google FSU versus B1G schools over the last 40 years or so.
Apology accepted.
FSU does not equate to ACC as a whole. It’s been basically either you guys and Miami, or Clemson of late. Rest of conference is basically basketball schools. No reason to take offense jeez.

Reactions: goldmom
FSU does not equate to ACC as a whole. It’s been basically either you guys and Miami, or Clemson of late. Rest of conference is basically basketball schools. No reason to take offense jeez.

And the B1G is Ohio State and everybody else. Sheesh.

I think 10-2 is a realistic expectation. The LSU game will tell the story. Win that game and 11-1 or 12-0 is possible.

Integrating 3 new starters on the O-Line will be the key. Defense has added depth and talent, especially at DB. Everyone has forgotten about Travis Jay, but he could take over for Jammie Robinson.

The offense is loaded at RB & WR.

Everyone is dismissive of Rodemaker, but he's made progress. A lot of people were dismissive of Travis, too.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I think 10-2 is a realistic expectation. The LSU game will tell the story. Win that game and 11-1 or 12-0 is possible.

Integrating 3 new starters on the O-Line will be the key. Defense has added depth and talent, especially at DB. Everyone has forgotten about Travis Jay, but he could take over for Jammie Robinson.

The offense is loaded at RB & WR.

Everyone is dismissive of Rodemaker, but he's made progress. A lot of people were dismissive of Travis, too.

FSU got substantially better, can't say the same about LSU....they lost bad to A&M for Christ sakes.

How’s next year and beyond looking for the football program? It seems more evident with each passing day that daddy Ferentz is gonna trot his dipshit son out as Iowa‘s OC for another year, and I won’t be part of that as a fan so I’m thinking with this board full of you guys and living in Florida FSU would be an easy transition to root for.

Ok.

FSU....after Jeff resigned, what happened next?

Was Fisher hired by Bowden? Or installed by AD?

Ok.

FSU....after Jeff resigned, what happened next?

Was Fisher hired by Bowden? Or installed by AD?

Fisher’s hiring was a lengthy ordeal. It was a sign of things to come. There was some phantom account on Miserychant that claimed to be closely connected to Terry Bowden. TB had an ESPN radio show in Orlando at the time and had been the head coach at Auburn when Jimloss was an assistant. I believe he was player for TB at Stamford.

This connection was important because BB wasn’t going to be open to some outsider.

The phantom account did a tremendous amount of attention seeking on Miserychant but nothing like what Ryan does here on GIAHORT. The phantom account did have some legitimate information as things went back and forth for weeks. Jimloss and his agent knew he was the only choice. They drove up the price by pretending to be interested in the UAB head coaching position. This interest from another school became an annual event.

Eventually we did hire Jimloss and it took him 3 or 4 years to fix the offense. The roster he inherited was a disaster. A bigger problem is that his plodding offense was more complicated than astrophysics. Winston was the only one who could run that mess efficiently. It’s the same jumbled pile of confusion that he was running until last season at TAMU.

Last edited:
Fisher’s hiring was a lengthy ordeal. It was a sign of things to come. There was some phantom account on Miserychant that claimed to be closely connected to Terry Bowden. TB had an ESPN radio show in Orlando at the time and had been the head coach at Auburn when Jimloss was an assistant. I believe he was player for TB at Stamford.

This connection was important because BB wasn’t going to be open to some outsider.

The phantom account did a tremendous amount of attention seeking on Miserychant but nothing like what Ryan does here on GIAHORT. The phantom account did have some legitimate information as things went back and forth for weeks. Jimloss and his agent knew he was the only choice. They drove up the price by pretending to be interested in the UAB head coaching position. This interest from another school became an annual event.

Eventually we did hire Jimloss and it took him 3 or 4 years to fix the offense. The roster he inherited was a disaster. A bigger problem is that his plodding offense was more complicated than astrophysics. Winston was the only one who could run that mess efficiently. It’s the same jumbled pile of confusion that he was running until last season at TAMU.

Did the fan base split at the end? Lots of infighting?

Does the Bowden family have a relationship with FSU today?

Yes, there was still a strong segment of “Bobby built this place and he can do whatever he wants!” And those who wanted a change immediately.
It was an ugly time.
Bobbys wife held a grudge for a while but they seemed to have a better relationship these days.

Things eventually got better. Bobby was an honorary captain at the national championship game in 2013. Both new head coach hires after Jimloss visited Bobby at his home in Tallahassee.

Last edited:
Reactions: BelemNole

Jimbolt didn't help matters either because he didn't want the shadow Bobby around. It took Willie T. to start mending the relationship and both he and Mike fostered it in their own ways. I can understand Jimbo needing to build his own thing, but there were probably better ways than this:

kick-out-kick-out-the-door.gif

Reactions: BelemNole
There are players who were around when Bobby retired and Jimbo came in who will tell you that playing for both was like night and day.
As a group many don’t have great things to say about Jimbo.

Jimbolt didn't help matters either because he didn't want the shadow Bobby around. It took Willie T. to start mending the relationship and both he and Mike fostered it in their own ways. I can understand Jimbo needing to build his own thing, but there were probably better ways than this:

There's a lot that I dislike about Jimbo, but I don't fault him at all for the way things ended with Bobby, particularly in regard to Anne's bitter feelings towards the school. I also don't fault him for not wanting Bobby still hanging/hovering over the program in the years right after he left; there's no way that could have possibly worked.

Reactions: goldmom and DFSNOLE
There's a lot that I dislike about Jimbo, but I don't fault him at all for the way things ended with Bobby, particularly in regard to Anne's bitter feelings towards the school. I also don't fault him for not wanting Bobby still hanging/hovering over the program in the years right after he left; there's no way that could have possibly worked.
I agree, it was a tough situation. Had Jimbo not been the coach in waiting and just came in as a new hire it may have been different. Who knows.

Did Jimloss actually say that he didn’t want Bobby around after he retired? I never heard this. From what I remember, BB was unhappy about getting pushed out. I wouldn’t have thought that would want to be around the program or even make appearances on game days.

I don’t know if he ever reconciled with TK Wetherall. TK had been a player when Bobby was an assistant at FSU in the 60s. TK wasn’t the driving force behind pushing Bobby out; that was Jim Smith, the BOT chairman. Yet, Bobby blamed TK.

Last edited:
Did Jimloss actually say that he didn’t want Bobby around after he retired? I never heard this. From what I remember, BB was unhappy about getting pushed out. I wouldn’t have thought that would want to be around the program or even make appearances on game days.

I don’t know if he ever reconciled with TK Wetherall. TK had been a player when Bobby was an assistant at FSU in the 60s. TK wasn’t the driving force behind pushing Bobby out; that was Jim Smith, the BOT chairman. Yet, Bobby blamed TK.
Who knows? Maybe I keyed in on negative rumors from back in the Tribal Council days. I do remember Bobby saying he doesn't like watching games live...he's too old and its too crowded. At the time, despite pulling for the Noles, he didn't like watching someone else coach his team. I think Mickey was Bobby's first choice to replace him and Jimbo was his second. There was a lot going on back then...and it was a mess.

There are players who were around when Bobby retired and Jimbo came in who will tell you that playing for both was like night and day.
As a group many don’t have great things to say about Jimbo.
When we were down along the forgotten coast last year we met a police captain that said no one was sad to see Jimbo leave and that they routinely got calls to his beach house for domestic disturbances.

When we were down along the forgotten coast last year we met a police captain that said no one was sad to see Jimbo leave and that they routinely got calls to his beach house for domestic disturbances.

That might explain why Candi strayed and strayed.

Reactions: TC Nole OX

He felt betrayed by TK even though TK made it abundantly clear that he would have nothing to do with easing Bobby out.

😳 whoa.

Who knows? Maybe I keyed in on negative rumors from back in the Tribal Council days. I do remember Bobby saying he doesn't like watching games live...he's too old and it’s too crowded. At the time, despite pulling for the Noles, he didn't like watching someone else coach his team. I think Mickey was Bobby's first choice to replace him and Jimbo was his second. There was a lot going on back then...and it was a mess.
Chuck Amato was up there too.
Loyalty can be both an asset and a liability.

Reactions: Finance85

Bobby often said he'd stay scarce for a while, as he didn't want to overshadow a replacement.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT