ADVERTISEMENT

Quick NIL update

Tx_Hawk

HB MVP
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
iowaswarm.com
Just a quick update about what has been going on….

1). Hired Scott Brickman as our Executive Director/COO. Scott is a former student-athlete and baseball coach at Iowa. More recently he has worked for the University of Iowa Foundation and raised money for Iowa athletics. He has lots of great contacts that we plan to tap into for NIL support as well.

2). Hiring an Events Planner and she will start on 7/18. She also has Iowa connections in the athletic department and her job will be to plan various functions with local charities and businesses so that our student-athletes and charities can both make money.

3). Hired a company to build out our subscription model and website (which will be Iowaswarm.com).

4). I have had discussions with some major donors and the reactions to what we are doing has been positive. We have pledges for $700k on top of the $100k on seed money that I provided.

5). Jordan Montgomery organized a nice event with about 25 basketball supporters/donors. While I expect that many of the people in attendance will ultimately contribute something, at this point we have not gotten any pledges.

6). I expect the website to be completed by mid-July and a formal press conference to follow…probably the week of 7-18. I don’t want to have a press conference until our website is up and running and can accept donations.

Anyway, there you have it….

GO HAWKS!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News