ADVERTISEMENT

Quick...without looking it up....

Name the only Power-5 schools that are 3-0 with 2 wins against Power-5 schools.

The answer to the question exactly at stated is Iowa and Northwestern.

ND is 3-0, all against Power-5 schools, and although they are considered a major program, are not in a Power-5 conference.

Toledo has 2 wins against Power-5 schools, but is only 2-0 and not in a Power-5 conference (but pretty impressive, nonetheless).

UCLA is 3-0 with win over one Power-5 school plus ranked BYU.

Please no sarcastic "Well, then Iowa is obviously the best team in the country" replies; just a fun factoid I thought I'd share.

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
It is an interesting fact this early in the season, especially because the all-powerful SEC seems to be missing from this list. How could that be? Maybe BB would like to expound. :)

Reactions: NashvilleHawk
Georgia too, although their wins are in conference (Vanderbilt, South Carolina).

Georgia too, although their wins are in conference (Vanderbilt, South Carolina).

Good catch, JD. I was thinking only of non-conference games, but Georgia indeed meets the criteria as stated. My apologies to the Bulldogs. Along that same line, I should also recognize the LSU Tigers, who are 2-0 with two conference wins.

Put an '*' next to Georgia and LSU since those wins are CONFERENCE games. You can reword it and say which teams are undefeated with two of the wins coming non-conference against other Power 5 conferences.

Put an '*' next to Georgia and LSU since those wins are CONFERENCE games. You can reword it and say which teams are undefeated with two of the wins coming non-conference against other Power 5 conferences.

Ok, here we go: Which is the only school in the country that is a member of a Power-5 conference, is 3-0 with at least 2 wins against teams from other Power-5 conferences, and is located west of the Mississippi River?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT