ADVERTISEMENT

Rachel Dolezal lectures black South Africans about her 'struggle' with being Trans-Black

Is she mentally ill?

well, I think you could be onto something... better yet, any "supporters" of hers certainly are mentally something...

150612092018-rachel-dolezal-split-large-169.jpg

If a man can pretend to be a woman then a white person can pretend to be black.

That being said, I wonder how many people on here find this different and support one, but not the other.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
I think she has serious issues. Won't be critical because she needs help, IMO.

I disagree with this. I don't believe minds are always in sync with genitalia at birth. I don't believe gender is binary.

However, "race" is a social construct with no mind-based component. You can't be born white with a black mind.

200px-Wigger_stomach_tattoo.jpg

I disagree with this. I don't believe minds are always in sync with genitalia at birth. I don't believe gender is binary.

However, "race" is a social construct with no mind-based component. You can't be born white with a black mind.

I know males and females differ, but how are white minds and black minds different? I know that David Duke believes this, but what's your story?

I know males and females differ, but how are white minds and black minds different? I know that David Duke believes this, but what's your story?
It's not a literature I'm familiar with, but I wonder if trans or cross racial adoptions might hold a clue to this phenomenon. The brains are not different, but perhaps the social construct is malleable.

Let's say a black child is adopted by a white family, raised in (essentially) an entirely white extended family and community, is it possible at some level the black child ends up 'identifying' as white more so than black?

As far as transgender cases, there is definitely a growing body of literature that points toward a biological basis.

Reactions: lucas80
Let's say a black child is adopted by a white family, raised in (essentially) an entirely white extended family and community, is it possible at some level the black child ends up 'identifying' as white more so than black?

Interesting question,... I happen to have a friend who closely fits your scenario. She is black, and at the age of 4-5 was adopted into an all white midwestern family. She grew up in a small farming community with three siblings who were the parents biological offspring. Now, although I wouldn't go so far as to say that my friend identifies as white, I would say that she is extremely comfortable around whites, at least much more so than other blacks that I know. She can also be disarmingly frank, and sometimes comical, about being black in a community full of white people. It's an endearing trait that tends to put people immediately at ease around her.....

If a man can pretend to be a woman then a white person can pretend to be black..

If I'm interpreting this correctly, you're saying minds don't differ between white and black, but a male and female mind do differ?

If I'm interpreting this correctly, you're saying minds don't differ between white and black, but a male and female mind do differ?

I believe the point is that gender is based on genetics and the body's chemistry. If that gets out of whack a person can absolutely identify as the opposite sex. As far as I know this doesn't apply to race.

Does trans black mean she is getting a BBC attached at some point in the near future?

I believe the point is that gender is based on genetics and the body's chemistry. If that gets out of whack a person can absolutely identify as the opposite sex. As far as I know this doesn't apply to race.
I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty certain ones skin color is also based on genetics and the body's chemistry.

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty certain ones skin color is also based on genetics and the body's chemistry.

I'm no geneticist, but I'm gonna say that the chromosomes and hormones that drive sex are roughly a gazillion times more powerful than those that control skin pigment.

Reactions: artradley

Edit - somebody already The Jerk reference.

Maybe she read Black Like Me in her much younger days and it really affected her. Probably not likely though.

Man, you all don't interact with a lot of different people do you?
1. This girl is nuts, let's move past that.
2. People identify/act/sound like those around them.
One of the "Whitest" girls I know is a very dark skinned black girl. She grew up in a very wealthy part of LA with wealthy, professional parents. She went to UCLA undergrad and was a cheerleader. Usc grad school. Dated and married a white dude. Sounded like Paris Hilton when she spoke back then.
On the other hand I spent a summer working in a warehouse as the only white kid. By the end of the summer I sounded "black" when I was at work. Why? Because that's how I fit in. When shit was funny I didn't say "golly!", I said "damn kid!" (In my defense it was 1988) I didn't do it intentionally, it just grew as I spent more time with the guys.
When I'm in the south I sound more southern again after a while. It's what humans do.

I'm no geneticist, but I'm gonna say that the chromosomes and hormones that drive sex are roughly a gazillion times more powerful than those that control skin pigment.
You're definitely no geneticist if you think the only genetic differences between white and black people is skin color.

And what are these "chromosomes and hormones" that drive sex that can be found in a man wanting to be a woman? Is Bruce gonna start getting periods and go through menopause?

You're definitely no geneticist if you think the only genetic differences between white and black people is skin color.

And what are these "chromosomes and hormones" that drive sex that can be found in a man wanting to be a woman? Is Bruce gonna start getting periods and go through menopause?

Not what I said, nor what I implied. But go ahead and put words in my mouth if it backs up your prejudices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT