ADVERTISEMENT

Rafdal down to Iowa and Nebraska?

David1979

HR Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Saw some stuff on twitter from yesterday that says Rafdal will not be visiting LSU and it is a battle between Nebraska and Iowa for him. This would be a huge late get for Iowa.

I'd attribute a lot of the WR recruiting success to the fact that the guys seem to really like their WR coach, the fact that Nebraska can point to guys like Kenny Bell and Jordan Wester-stache and their production, and, lastly, Nebraska, not unlike Notre Dame, is simply a more well recognized national "brand."

Saw some stuff on twitter from yesterday that says Rafdal will not be visiting LSU and it is a battle between Nebraska and Iowa for him. This would be a huge late get for Iowa.
Just confirmed this with the LSU site.

TE Kurt Rafdal is NOT visiting LSU this weekend.

LSU no longer has a spot for him.

Dont need him. Thanks,
Nebraska does need Rafdal at TE. Who wouldn't want him, his skill set and height at 6'7", then combine that with Austin Allen at TE being 6'8".

Those two would combine to be very dangerous weapons.

I suspect Rafdal is now pondering through a hard decision whether it's Nebraska or Iowa for him. With the way Nebraska is going to throw the ball beginning next season, I sense it very well could be Nebraska in the end. But who knows?

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Honestly, this is also attributed to NU losing/kicking 3 WR off the team when Riley first took over. So couple that with 3 seniors and early playin time makes them able to sign and sell a deep WR class

Reactions: leebaz
Ummmm.....yeah. QB's Taylor "Lead the NCAA in turnovers 3 years in a row" Martinez and YOLO bomb Armstrong for the last 8 years has been really stellar.
That's my point point. Tommy was a talented player, and yet it never panned out. Nebraska probably had 6 receivers better than anybody Iowa had this year. They have really good players. They've always had really good players. That hasn't been their issue.

Nebraska does need Rafdal at TE. Who wouldn't want him, his skill set and height at 6'7", then combine that with Austin Allen at TE being 6'8".

Those two would combine to be very dangerous weapons.

I suspect Rafdal is now pondering through a hard decision whether it's Nebraska or Iowa for him. With the way Nebraska is going to throw the ball beginning next season, I sense it very well could be Nebraska in the end. But who knows?

Good luck to him wherever he goes.
Unless Nebraska is dangerously low depth-wise at TE, I don't see how Nebraska's offense in '17 should impact the young man. TE is a physical enough position that typically it benefits guys at TE to redshirt first.

Given that Iowa beat out Nebraska for 2 TEs last season ... my guess is that Nebraska is due to beat Iowa out for 2 TEs in this season's recruiting cycle.

Iowa is Tight End U as far as sending guys to the NFL. Rafdahl will go where he goes, but he has a better chance to play on Sundays if he comes here. History matters.

Reactions: rondy
That's my point point. Tommy was a talented player, and yet it never panned out. Nebraska probably had 6 receivers better than anybody Iowa had this year. They have really good players. They've always had really good players. That hasn't been their issue.

Armstrong is a talented athlete, but he certainly isn't a talented QB when it comes to throwing the ball. Riley will finally have someone who can sling the rock.

Armstrong is a talented athlete, but he certainly isn't a talented QB when it comes to throwing the ball. Riley will finally have someone who can sling the rock.
I'm not just talking about Tommy. They have played below their talent for years, and people are bragging about them brining in more talented players.

Maybe they will figure it out, maybe they won't. They have the players, they just don't seem to know what the hell to do with them. If they are going to continue to take this talent and just roll it out on the field like dice, then who cares how 4 star receivers they get.

The last thing we need to be saying in a thread with Husker fans is "history matters."
For them that's all they have. But he's talking about one position not overall program. Maybe recent history is better for you.

For them that's all they have. But he's talking about one position not overall program. Maybe recent history is better for you.

Yes I'm talking only about the tight end position. Historically, Iowa has been tremendous sending TE's to the NFL. Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part.

Iowa is Tight End U as far as sending guys to the NFL. Rafdahl will go where he goes, but he has a better chance to play on Sundays if he comes here. History matters.
Yes, history DOES matter!

Signed,
1970, 1971, 1994, 1995, 1997 National Champions!!

Not worried about our ability to house Nebraska head-to-head, I think we'll always be able to do that. But, they won more games than us this year and as long as we are recruiting at this level there is a chance that could happen again. We can't be losing to teams they beat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT