ADVERTISEMENT

RAGBRAI 51 will be the hilliest ever!

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
It’s back to a southern route this year. The trek begins in Glenwood, overnights in spots such as Atlantic, Winterset, Ottumwa, Mt. Pleasant, and ends in Burlington. The route will have over 18,000 feet of hills to climb.

Reactions: drew_hawk
It’s back to a southern route this year. The trek begins in Glenwood, overnights in spots such as Atlantic, Winterset, Ottumwa, Mt. Pleasant, and ends in Burlington. The route will have over 18,000 feet of hills to climb.
Have they announced which roads they are taking? I looked, but didn't see it.

more hills the better

Top%2B30%2BBig%2BBoobs%2BBicycle%2BGirls%2BHD%2BWallpaper%2B%2BBusty%2BCyclist%2BGirl%2BPhotos%2B%252821%2529.jpg

There will be people asking to camp in your yard.
It's happened in the past when my parents lived here. The people that camped were friends of mine. My guess is the route will either be a mile south of me or several miles north because I live just off of Hwy 34 and I doubt they'll choose to have bikers on a main highway, but who knows.

Southern Iowa is the worst. Might as well be Missouri. I miss my ragbrai days, but this route would not get me excited if I was still doing them.

I don't mind the hills and it should be a pretty route. I just hope it isn't as HOT as it was last year. Those hills in that kind of heat are a beeootch!

Reactions: drew_hawk
I ride in Iowa Cornfields regularly. I have never understood the attraction, but to each their own. I would rather go to places I don't go to normally for vacation

I ride in Iowa Cornfields regularly. I have never understood the attraction, but to each their own. I would rather go to places I don't go to normally for vacation

In the last several years it's hard not to feel like you're getting gouged. The old feel is long gone.

I ride/train around Dubuque and Clayton counties. So I think I'll be ready for the hills. My son does RAGBRAI with me and he lives in West Des Moines. He mostly rides trails (pretty flat) and is planning to head to a hillier area to practice. He's also doing the RAW (Ride Across Wisconsin) this year. That's got a lot of hill work too.

Less heat this year too, please.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT