ADVERTISEMENT

Raiders' Chandler Jones

McLovin32

HB Legend
Feb 1, 2008
Anyone been following this? I hadn't heard about it until I saw that he was having an absolute Twitter meltdown earlier today. It appears like some sort of manic episode. Either that, or he's smoking crack.

Edit: Went back to link some of the videos, and he deleted them already.

Raiders' Chandler Jones says he was hospitalized against will​

Sep 26, 2023, 11:16 AM ET
Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Chandler Jones wrote in a social media post Monday night that he was taken to a hospital "against my will" by the Las Vegas Fire Department and later transferred to a behavioral health facility last week.
Jones was placed on the non-football illness list last week by the Raiders with what the team has described as a personal matter. He has been away from the team since Labor Day weekend when he began a series of social media posts aimed at the Raiders, owner Mark Davis, general manager Dave Ziegler and coach Josh McDaniels.
He wrote in his post to X on Monday night, "First day out but I'm still aligned," indicating that Monday was his first day out of the facility. He attached journal entries plus a statement of "patient rights" from the Seven Hills Behavioral Health Hospital in Las Vegas, highlighting sections of the document he believes were not followed by the facility.

In the journal entries, Jones said that "5 to 7" Las Vegas Fire Department officials came to his front door and told him he had been put on a "court hold" by the Las Vegas Police Department.
"I haven't done anything wrong. The police said people were concerned about me because of my posts online," he wrote, adding that once in an ambulance he was "injected" with an undisclosed substance even though he didn't give consent.
He said he was taken to Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas and "then transferred to Seven Hills where they tried to force me to take meds & injections."
Jones wrote that he called Ziegler "6 to 7 times asking for help and I wondered if he had me put in here, but he never answered." He said he left voicemails with Ziegler and is just trying to figure out why the Raiders won't allow him in the facility or to be a part of the team.
"I'm still confused on what I did wrong. I'm stuck here. I'm very sane," he wrote, adding "I'm to strong of a person to be mentally broken."
The Las Vegas Fire Department, citing HIPAA privacy regulations, said it "cannot confirm patients' identities to which Las Vegas Fire & Rescue personnel may or may not have provided medical care."
ESPN also reached out to the Las Vegas Police Department for comment.
The Raiders have repeatedly referred to Jones' situation as a private matter and declined further comment.
Jones was inactive for the first two games and, after being put on the NFL list, also missed the Raiders' Week 3 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Jones, 33, is in the second season of a three-year, $51 million free agent contract he signed last year.

He got a medical hold and it looks like there was good reason for it. I hope this isn’t CTE but even if it’s only mental and not a physical issue on top of it, this man needs help.

And arrested again. I don't think there will be a happy ending here.

Ex-Raiders DE Chandler Jones arrested again for alleged protective order violation​

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - DECEMBER 18: Defensive end Chandler Jones #55 of the Las Vegas Raiders talks to fans before a game against the New England Patriots at Allegiant Stadium on December 18, 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Raiders defeated the Patriots 30-24. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Former Las Vegas Raiders Defensive end Chandler Jones was arrested twice in a month's span. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images) (Ethan Miller via Getty Images)
Former Raiders defensive Chandler Jones was arrested again Tuesday, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. He has been apprehended twice in less than three weeks.
The 33-year-old was reportedly taken in at around 1:15 p.m. on a charge of violating a domestic violence temporary protection order. The details of his arrest are unclear.

Jones was reportedly arrested and taken to the Clark County Detention Center on two counts of the same charge on Sept. 29.
Details of that incident were not immediately available but were disclosed in the Review-Journal's Wednesday report. Jones was reportedly served the protection order by the mother of his son. He allegedly violated it by visiting her home on Sept. 28, getting naked in his own backyard while burning items from her backyard.
When confronted by police, he reportedly admitted sending to the woman, via Snapchat, photos and videos of himself taking the items. Those items included a recycling bin, pool net and dog toys, per the report.
He was released the same afternoon after posting a $15,000 bail bond. The Raiders released him the next day.
Las Vegas' move came after a series of incidents surrounding Jones. He had been away from the Raiders all season and was placed on the non-football illness list earlier in September. Jones began posting expletive-laden videos on social media on Sept. 5, including one that said he was done playing for the team.
On Sept. 8, Jones posted that the Raiders sent a crisis response team to his home after alleging he was taken to a hospital “against my will.”

• Sad
Reactions: Funky Bunch
The dude obviously has some serious mental health issues that have manifested in the recent past. Hopefully he can get some help ASAP.

Reactions: McLovin32
I feel like it’s similar to the erratic behavior from athletes with CTE, before they end up with the dead. Tyler Sash’s arrest immediately comes to mind.
I have a friend who is close to Sergio Brown. He completely lost it. His Notre Dame teammates were scared for him before this most recent development.

When he did something similar with the Patriots it came out he was smoking some cynthetic stuff and he'd start tripping out. Really to bad to see someone suffering like that from what ever it is.

I’m still holding out hope for the guy that it’s not a physical ailment and something that can be righted with the right meds and therapy. People who are in a state like this can be scary, then add his money and body into the mix.

I’m still holding out hope for the guy that it’s not a physical ailment and something that can be righted with the right meds and therapy. People who are in a state like this can be scary, then add his money and body into the mix.
Yeah, the guy Jon Jones is scared of. Perfect.

I have a friend who is close to Sergio Brown. He completely lost it. His Notre Dame teammates were scared for him before this most recent development.
As soon as his mom turned up dead we all knew how that story was going to play out.

I'd guess schizoaffective disorder. Does not look like CTE. He needs meds.

I don't know a ton about CTE or how it effects different people. My friend had it and shot himself at 26. I hung out with him a few months prior to his suicide and he seemed normal. None his family or us (his friends) noticed any changes in personality. His thing was memory loss, constant migraines, couldn't sleep, etc.

Whatever is going on with Jones, I hope it is something that can he treated or fixed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT