ADVERTISEMENT

Raise Your Hand if You Didn’t Think

spiderland

HR Heisman
Dec 2, 2004
the Hawks would break a 75-yard scoring play from scrimmage until the Nebber game. Gotta say, after the SDSU game, I was in that camp. I know Kaleb broke a couple long ones against Nevada, who’s obviously a lot more formidable than the Blackshirts, but I still wasn’t convinced it could happen before Black Friday until this Saturday. Kudos to him and the offensive line for proving me wrong.

I didn't think Kaleb had the breakaway speed for a long one like that. I knew he had decent speed, especially for a bigger back....but I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw. Didn't look like anyone closed down on him....and a DB was chasing. I was wrong...he has pretty damn good jets. Nice!

I didn't think Kaleb had the breakaway speed for a long one like that. I knew he had decent speed, especially for a bigger back....but I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw. Didn't look like anyone closed down on him....and a DB was chasing. I was wrong...he has pretty damn good jets. Nice!
For the first time, Iowa had a lot of yards after the catch. This is where Petrus has hurt us the most, but in the
Purdue game he finally delivered the ball so receivers could run after the catch.

the run game has been average to bad for years now (though goodson did break off the occasional fantastic homerun) so can't say i was expecting the quick strike after the half. kaj's canter reminded me of the leshun daniels td run against ne from several years ago...

Guilty as charged! i didn’t think we would win more than 4 games with SP and the shit show offense that has been put on display!
What continues to baffle me about KF and BF is it takes them weeks to figure out what we can clearly see as fans from afar.
We had glaring weakness at Tackle and QB last year. We didn’t use the portal and decided we would go with same QB, benching are only returning right tackle Plumb and start Colby at RT. Just a horrible decision!
It was clear from game 1 that Kaleb Johnson was our best RB, but we used him sparingly and he split time with 2 other RB through the first 8 games.
The offense has improved, why because Colby gets moved back to guard his natural position, Plumb returns to starter at RT and
our best RB gets 22 Carrie’s and goes for 200 yards. Viola!
This is why KF needs to go, he will never fire BF and BF will never do the right thing and resign to save his dad’s legacy. This is inexcusable coaching!
Iowa fans deserve better!

the run game has been average to bad for years now (though goodson did break off the occasional fantastic homerun) so can't say i was expecting the quick strike after the half. kaj's canter reminded me of the leshun daniels td run against ne from several years ago...
Wadley, Daniels, Sargent. Those were right before Goodson. They weren't bad on the field.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Trivia question - how many 75 yard runs have the Hawks had in the last 40 years?

IDK, but they don't come along very often.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
the Hawks would break a 75-yard scoring play from scrimmage until the Nebber game. Gotta say, after the SDSU game, I was in that camp. I know Kaleb broke a couple long ones against Nevada, who’s obviously a lot more formidable than the Blackshirts, but I still wasn’t convinced it could happen before Black Friday until this Saturday. Kudos to him and the offensive line for proving me wrong.
Trust the process. :cool:

Guilty as charged! i didn’t think we would win more than 4 games with SP and the shit show offense that has been put on display!
What continues to baffle me about KF and BF is it takes them weeks to figure out what we can clearly see as fans from afar.
We had glaring weakness at Tackle and QB last year. We didn’t use the portal and decided we would go with same QB, benching are only returning right tackle Plumb and start Colby at RT. Just a horrible decision!
It was clear from game 1 that Kaleb Johnson was our best RB, but we used him sparingly and he split time with 2 other RB through the first 8 games.
The offense has improved, why because Colby gets moved back to guard his natural position, Plumb returns to starter at RT and
our best RB gets 22 Carrie’s and goes for 200 yards. Viola!
This is why KF needs to go, he will never fire BF and BF will never do the right thing and resign to save his dad’s legacy. This is inexcusable coaching!
Iowa fans deserve better!

I don’t know where to start so I’m going to keep it real simple… I would wager you think Iowa and Kirk Ferentz/BF are isolated instances and we are totally right and we definitely know what they’re ****ing up…

But you are only one of millions on every damn message board in the country that is just positive they are seeing things the coaches don’t see…

I’d wager in reality it’s the other way around and we are missing a shit ton of details!

Just look at what you said Jack Plumb was awful last year but now that he’s healthy and slid back outside he’s improved our line and it helped because we got to get Colby back inside… This isn’t unique to us friend!

You can’t predict any of that stuff and don’t count me in the camp of knowing immediately in the first two games KJ was our best running back… And I’m pretty savvy football fan!!

Reactions: tallyhawkster
It’s the running style! He has a very effortless stride. I don’t think there is anyone in the team that could keep up if he really turned it on.

Need to see more of Johnson out if the backfield in space catching passes. He’s only had three catches out of the backfield this season, which is hard to believe. Hope to see a lot of this on Saturday if the wind is blowing and hard to complete downfield passes.

Reactions: Bones Malone
For the first time, Iowa had a lot of yards after the catch. This is where Petrus has hurt us the most, but in the
Purdue game he finally delivered the ball so receivers could run after the catch.
He finally had time to throw

ADVERTISEMENT